Hating Idols

Memories to Lies and Love

Ha-Neul POV
I couldn't believe I saw U-Kwon here at work. I actually wanted to see him though. But he was acting weird when the members of Block B were with him. I was going to ask him why but didn't bother. I met the others who seemed nice. I had gone back to work which I was disappointed. I wanted to stay with them but I noticed my boss was approaching.

As I was finishing up my last person, I noticed U-Kwon coming towards me.

"I know you're working and all but would you like to hang out?" he asked. "After you finish here of course."

"Um, sure. I think I'm done in like ten minutes." I said.

"Okay cool. Do you mind if we hang out with Block B?"

"Not at all. They're your friends after all. So yeah I don't mind." I said, giving the idol a signal that he was done.

"Cool. So you don't like idols? What's up with that?" he asked awkwardly.

"I told you already. These idols are either complainers or s. Except for BBomb, he was so nice."

"Yeah? Well I'm glad to hear that."

I started to gather all my stuff and U-Kwon continued to talk to me. I've never talked to a guy so much before. Usually it's a "hey" then a "bye" conversation but with U-Kwon this was a whole new thing. I always leave work feeling stress or just moody. This time I wasn't feeling that way. I guess talking to him made me forget the stress.

We headed out together and met with Block B. It was nice to be around guys my age. I haven't done something like this in years. After my first year in high school, my father told me I couldn't hang out with boys till after I graduated. Kind of harsh but I didn't care who I hanged out with. You can say I was a social butterfly. End of story. The point is that now I get to be  with guys. And my father can never say I didn't promise him something.

The guys put me on the spot on choosing a place to go. While under pressure, I chose my auntie's cafe. Even though they already went there, it kind of worked because I had to pick up my brother from school and they had to go their dorm later on.

As we made our way to the cafe, U-Kwon pulled me back and asked "Are you sure you don't mind hanging out with them? I mean they're idols after all. And... I know how much you dislike those type of people..."

"It's okay U-Kwon. I can't force you to choose to hang out with. If you want to be friends with idols, then I'm not going to stop you. Sure I don't like them  but I'll be nice. I promise." I said, gently. "And I know BBomb made my day at work but I still don't trust him."

"Why?"

"It's a long story. I'll text you tonight."

It really was a long story. What a fool I was to fall for it twice. Not once but twice. The two idols that made me believe they weren't who they really were. I hate their guts and I refuse to bring up their names. I could never trust another idol again. Even now when the idols tell me the truth, I still don't trust them. Never. That's why I refuse to ever have feelings towards one.

My auntie was surprised to see me with a group of guys. So was my cousin. I explained why, which they understood completely. My cousin turned out to our waiter even though she was just the host but even though it wasn't her job, business was slow her mother made her do it. Every once and awhile my cousin would just keep "checking" on us. After awhile, the guys had to leave because their manager needed to talk to them.

"Can't you stay for a little bit longer?" I asked U-Kwon as I pulled onto his arm.

"I wish I could but I can't." he answered. "Their manager wants me there too. I help them out you know..."

"Oh okay... I understand..."

After they left, I went to clear off the table. My cousin helped me. She noticed I was grinning too much.

"You seem to like him" she then gasped. "Wait a minute!!! You DO like him don't you?"

"Wae? That's ridiculous. I have no feelings for him what's-so-ever." I said.

"Lier. You're blushing. You do like him. And I'm right."

"No I don't. Even if I did, I'd be crazy."

"You've already past crazy. You're insane."

"Yeah sure sure very funny." I said sarcastically. "I like him as a friend. Not whatever you're thinking."

"So you say. You'll see, I'm giving you two weeks tops. You're going to confess to him and have a breakdown."

"You're wrong. You know why? Because I don't-repeat don't- like him"

"Whatever cuz." she said as we put the dishes in the bin. "What was his name again?"

"Kim YuKwon. Why?"

"That name sounds familiar... I don't know why... It just does."

"I know right? I've been trying to figure it out myself..."

"I have a strange feeling he was the YuKwon that was my classmate in my 2nd year of high school. He left one day and I never saw him again."

I remember my cousin telling me that story. Well stories about the boy in general. Is it possible that's the YuKwon that use to be my cousin's classmate? If he is, then I might have a small problem.