Lying Point

Memories to Lies and Love

U-Kwon POV
After the performance, I was the first off the stage. I just wanted to see Ha-Neul again. I ignored my members who were calling after me to slow down, but I made my way backstage again. I peeked my head through the doorway and searched to see if Ha-Neul was there. I went to one of her co-workers and asked if Ha-Neul was here.

"Um I'm not sure... I think she just left—"

"Left? As in she's not coming back?"

She shrugged her shoulders and said, "Sorry..."

I sighed, took another look around to see if Ha-Neul came back (which didn't happen) and started to walk out. Feeling disappointed, I accidentally bumped into someone. "Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" I took another look at the person I ran into. "Ha-Neul?"

She smiled. "U-Kwon. It's nice to see you again."

"I didn't know you worked here."

"Yeah... Unfortunately..."

"Why unfortunately?"

"Well, to be honest... I don't like idols. Every time I meet one, the person's a complainer or a ert. I choose not to be with those people."

"Oh... I see..."

"Well except for today. He seemed different from the others I met. But it still doesn't change the fact that I dislike idols. Anyway enough about me, what are you doing here?" I was somewhat speechless. She just told me she doesn't like idols. And I am an idol. Should I tell her the truth?

I was going to say something but I had heard Zico call my name. I turned around to not only see him, but the rest of the members.

"Oh hey guys..." I said awkwardly.

"Hey, you're Ha-Neul aren't you?" Taeil said.

"Nice to see you again Ha-Neul." BBomb smiled.

"Hey BBomb. And yes I'm Ha-Neul." she said. "I never thought I see my auntie's cafe customers all in one place. U-Kwon you're with them?"

"Of course he is. He's-"

I covered BBomb's mouth. "Just a friend. I'm here to support them with their comeback."

"What are you talking about, U-Kwon? You're also a member of-"

I elbowed Kyung in the ribs and gave everyone else a 'if-anyone-else-says-something-you're-going-to-get-it' look.  "It's nothing. Ignore what he was going to say." I said.

"So from my understanding, you're not an idol, just friends with idols?" Ha-Neul asked with a laugh. "You must be really close with them then huh?"

"Yup we're closer then you think." I mumbled. "Let me introduce to everyone else.  This is P.O, the maknae."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you." he said.

"As to you." she said.

"Taeil and Jaehyo." I continued as they both bowed and smiled. "Kyung and you know Bbomb."

"Of course." Ha-Neul smiled.

"And this is the leader, Zico." I finished.

"So you're the oldest?" she asked. 

"Anio." he answered.

"But I thought the oldest was always the leader."

"True but Zico has more experience with music then the rest of us." Jaehyo answered. 

"Ah I see. Well it's nice to meet all of you." she smiled. "Ah, I must leave. It was nice seeing you all."

After she left, I turned to my members who were all giving me a look.

"Wae??"

"Did you just lie to her that you're NOT an idol?" Jaehyo asked.

"Um... Maybe..." I answered.

"But why?" P.O asked.

"Look, guys, I don't want to talk about it. Can you just play along with it for now." I pleaded.

"Fine. But just for now alright. This lie better not last long" Zico said.

At least they're  playing along but I'm ashamed in myself. I'm lying my way into this. I don't know how long this lie is going to last. What have I done? Now when she finds out the truth, she'll never forgive me. So much for being honest.