Confession Day

Memories to Lies and Love

U-Kwon POV
When I heard that Ha-Neul wanted to cancel our usual meeting at the garden,  I felt a little disappointed. From these past five weeks, I have failed to tell her how I really feel about her. Plus, I've been not only lying to her, but to my own members as well. Every time the sun was about to set, I had to make up an excuse that I had to leave early. If I told them the truth, I don't know what I'd do. And I was sure Ha-Neul was going to catch onto me. I kept telling myself I would tell her the truth. Look where that has taken me. Exactly. No where.

The one time I have nothing that conflicts with me going to the garden, she decides to cancel. Still I wondered why she did that. I was actually freaking out if she found out the truth on her own and that she never wanted to see me again. I was quiet the whole day but no one seemed to notice. After having dinner, I left the dorm. It would of been weird for me if I hadn't gone to the garden so I went there. No one was there. Obviously. I sat down on the bench and just had my mind go completely blank. Everything was peaceful till my phone started to buzz.

It was Ha-Neul to meet at the garden. I was already here but I didn't say that. So I answered with: It's okay. I'll be there.

As I waited for her to arrive, I knew it was time to confess. Everything. If she doesn't feel the same way or even except me for who I am or, maybe, hate me for the rest of our lives, then at least I told her.

'This is it.' I thought. You're going to confess everything. No more holding back. Just say it.'

Soon I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around. It was Ha-Neul. Her eyes looked watery. Was she crying? If so, what happened?

HA-NEUL POV
U-Kwon looked at me as I wiped my eyes. How did he get here so fast? Of all days why did he get here before me?

"Sorry for this was last minute..." I said as I approached.

"It's alright. I don't mind at all." he smiled.

Even though I wished to be in the garden alone for a little while, I was still glad he was there. He's the only person I can trust on at this type of situation. I could go to my cousin but I'd rather not talk about this with a relative. But aside from all that, I need to tell him how I feel. It's now or never and I've been holding it on for too long. I trust him. So it's time.

"Everything okay?" he asked. "Did something happened?"

I thought about what to say first. I shouldn't rush it in right away. Besides, I just got here. It wouldn't make sense. I sighed. "I don't know what I'm going to do anymore... My parents are getting a divorce..."

"Wae? That's horrible. I'm sorry to hear that Ha-Neul."

"Now I can never face them ever again. They already made my life worst as it is."

"What did you do?"

"My brother and I are left and ran away. We're living with our cousins for now."

"Well if there's anything I can do, just let me know alright?"

"You've already done it." I give him a smile. "You're here with me and that makes me happy. I'm feeling better already."

"Well that's good. I'm always here for you."

"I know. That's why I trust you with everything and you trust me. I'm glad we've both been truthful to each other. There are no lies between us. That's why I like being with you."

As I place my hand over his, I saw him shuffle his feet and bite his lip. He looked like he was uncomfortable or as if he was trying to hide something.

He sighed, then said, "Actually Ha-Neul, there's something I need to tell you. And it's really important."

"What is it?"

U-Kwon POV
My heart was pounding louder and louder every second. 'Just say it U-Kwon. Say it already!'

I took a deep breath. "Listen, Ha-Neul... This is my confession. Ever since I set my eyes on you at the cafe, I just couldn't get my mind off of you. You're all I think about and I want to be by your side. I love you, Ha-Neul."

She fell silent. I was going to say more but I wanted to wait for he response. Was it all too much for her to handle?

"You... You love me?" she mumbled.

"Ne. It's okay if you don't feel the same way. I just wanted to let you know, is all—"

"Anio. It's alright. Because, I love you too."

"R-Really?"

She nodded. "I was going to confess as well. It's what I've been trying to do these past weeks. I just hadn't had the courage to do it."

"So do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"Of course. I would love too."

"Wow this is great. But there's one more thing I have to say. And you can hate for this if you want..."

"Why would I hate you?"

I swallowed hard. "B-Because I haven't been completely honest with you."

Ha-Neul tilted her head. "U-Kwon what are you trying to say?"

Was I going to regret this? Hopefully not. I stood up and faced her. "Ha-Neul, I'm an idol."