Her Feelings

Memories to Lies and Love

Ha-Neul POV
I wished I could of stayed with U-Kwon a little bit longer but all good days must come to an end. After putting my brother to bed, I began to think that I really did like U-Kwon. Still I wondered this. What if he did like me back? Or am I just getting my hopes up. We're just friends. But I want to be more then that...

*FLASHBACK*
"So can you promise me that please?" I looked at him holding he's hand. The way he looked was as if he was going to say no. I released his hand and looked down."

"I promise." I faced him again and saw him smiling with his pinky out. "But let's meet here durning Sunset."

"Deal." I locked pinkies with and smiled back.

For awhile, I thought we had realized our pinkies, but they were still locked. We were both waiting for the other to release first. We just stared at each other. This couldn't be anymore awkward. U-Kwon then suddenly pulled me close to him. Was I hugging him? Or was it vice versa?

I felt his hands go around my waist. Before I knew it, we were starring into each others eyes. I bit my lip. I tried to look down but I just couldn't so I closed eyes. U-Kwon was then pulling me closer. With my eyes still closed, I braced myself. 'He's really going to...'

There was suddenly a phone ringing. I opened my eyes and saw that he was really close. 'So he was going to...' The phone continued to ring. It took me while to realize it was actually mine. I picked it up. It was my cousin telling me to come back to the cafe.
*END OF FLASHBACK*

As we were walking back to the cafe, I remember it was really awkward. I kept looking to the opposite side but every once in awhile, I would look at U-Kwon. Why? I have no idea. Did I want that kiss to happen? Yes. 

Okay. I know this feeling now. I just can't believe it's true. I want to be by his side. I like him. A lot. My cousin was right. I do have feelings for him. Kim YuKwon... Why did you enter in my life?

The next day, I went to my cousin's house after I dropped my brother at his friend's house. My head was hurting and I needed someone to talk to about my problems. It would be wise for me to go to my mother at this time of need but, what's the point, I can never face her. And my cousin has been there for me no matter how bad the situation I've been in. I cam always count on her.

It was a Sunday, and the cafe was closed so it wasn't a surprised that I saw my auntie as well. My cousin and I went up to her room and told her what had happened yesterday.

"WAE?!?! You almost had lip contact?!" she looked at me as if I were crazy.

"... N-Ne." I said shyly.

"You got some nerve girl. And I told you. I was right from the beginning. You do have feelings for him."

"Hey I asked you to help me, not remind me."

"I'm sorry. But I had too. No one ever listens to me. Not even my own mother."

"At least your mother has talked to you from the last two years." I sighed.

"Ah come on Ha-Neul. You and I both know that's not the reason you came here." she sat beside me. "So you like him, so what?"

"So what? This is the first time I ever felt this way about anyone and all you can say is so what?"

"Ha-Neul—"

"How would you feel if you were in my position and I told you 'so what'? I don't think you'd like it. And neither do I. So don't be telling me so what."

"Ha-Neul—"

"What kind of cousin are you to me when you can't even help me with this one favor?"

"HA-NEUL!!!! Will. You. Calm. Down. Please." my cousin paused. "Look I'm going to help you if, and only if, you listen and do exactly what I say. Got it?"

I just nodded. It seems I have irritated my cousin. I tend to do that which causes her to be impatient.

"Are you meeting him again tomorrow?" she asked me.

"Ne.

"How often are you thinking about him?"

"... A lot.."

"Aigoo Ha-Neul... Really? Okay the only thing I can tell you is that you have to tell him how you feel before you lose it. And trust me you'll feel better once you confess to him now then later."

How can I argue with that? My cousin's the boy expert here. I know nothing. But confess? Couldn't there be any other way?

When Sunset came, I felt butterflies in my stomach. This was my first time confessing to someone. I don't have experience. I just know I'm going to mess it all up. But this happens to everyone right? Being nervous and all. I guess I've had crushes on boys before but it never ever had to come down to confessing in the end. Sure I'm must be overreacting. Gah someone kill me now!!! As I entered the garden, someone came up from behind and covered my eyes. 

"Guess who?" said a familiar voice.

I giggled. "U-Kwon, I know it's you."

"No it's not..."

"Stop playing you monkey." I joked as I turned around.

"You take the fun out of everything." he pouted.

"Alright fine. I'll play your little game." I laughed. "You start."

"You're going to regret you said that."

"Why?"

With a little smirk, U-Kwon poked both of my sides which caused me to squeal a bit. He laughed and I playfully hit him on the arm. U-Kwon continued to tickle me till I told him to stop.

"Nope. You said you play MY game. It's just getting started." he said. I stuck my tongue at him. "Okay just for that, I won't play nice this time."

U-Kwon started to come at me, but I ran off before he could catch me. The whole entire time U-Kwon chased me around the garden as I squealed like a little five year girl. He would sneak up behind me everytime I tried to hide from him. I was getting to the point where I couldn't find any new hiding spots. So in the end, and I didn't expect it, U-Kwon came from behind and gave me a back hug.

"Finally got ya!" he said. "I win!"

"You're just lucky I couldn't find another place to hide." I pouted.

"Still either way, I win."

I shook my head. He's such a child. We later went to a grassy area where no flowers grew and laied side by side as we looked up at the sky. But now I realized what I had to do. We were having so much fun, I had forgotten what I was supposed to do. It's time to say it.

I took a deep breath. "U-Kwon... Can I tell you something..."

"Sure anything."

"Well... You see... It's about... Um... about my..." I paused. "Look what I'm trying to say is I—"

My phone then rang. It was my boss from the supermarket telling me I had to take a night shift and close up. I was happy and disappointed. Still it ment I had to leave. That night I just couldn't get over it. I had my chance to say it too. Well second times the charm. Hopefully...