Nightly Routine

Memories to Lies and Love

Ha-Neul POV
I just couldn't stop but wonder why I gave my phone number to U-Kwon. It was on my mind when I reached to my brother's school. I didn't even know he came out 20 minutes ago. He thought I was thinking about letting him leave school and have him audition to be an idol. I shook my head and we started to head home. Before, my brother use to keep hinting that. He wasn't always like this though. It wasn't till my parents had they're fights two years ago.

When we arrived home, it was no surprised to hear my parents fight in the living room. Right when I opened the door, you could hear their voices. The lound screaming and yelling. The way they call each other names. It's just too much for me to handle. You think I'd be use to it. Unfortunately, I'm not. Ignoring their "conversation", my brother and I went to our room. Yes room. The only reason we share a room, is because my parents refuse to sleep together. Yup they went that far.

My parents continued to fight non-stop till it was 10. This was a daily thing everyday, from the last two years. I sighed and told my brother go to bed.

"Please Noona. I want to become an idol. Maybe it'll stop our parents from fighting." he said to me.

"Oh no. I'm not letting my own brother become one of those stupid idols." I told him. "You need your education."

"My education could be on music."

"Nice try. That's still not going to change my mind."

Of all the days my brother finally decides to give up this argument. Why is everything changing so fast? It just doesn't make since. I would go to my grandmother at this time of need but I'm only allowed to go to her house with the family. We use to go to her every night but you can probably guess why we don't go anymore. It sickens me to see my parents fight about the littlest things. Can they agree on anything? Apparently not...

Back to my brother, he feel asleep right when I turned off his lamp. On my side the room, mine remained on. I usually go to bed around 11. To past my time, I read. My mother use to give me a new book every night. Of course I would read it. I finish reading a book in a day. But now, I'm stuck going to the library every week and having to read the same books till I have to check the old ones for new ones..

It was only 10:30 and I hear my parents finally slamming their doors. I can finally read in peace. That's what I thought till my phone rang 10 minutes later. I grabbed it and turned down the volume so my brother wouldn't wake up. I looked at my phone which said I have received a text from... U-Kwon? Oh boy, what does he want? I thought. Come on Ha-Neul be nice to him. What's the worse thing that could happen.

U-Kwon: hey Ha-Neul! What's up?

Me: nothin much. Just reading at the moment.

U-Kwon: that's cool. You must read a lot then. I read too.

Through our whole conversation, I just kept thinking is he telling me the truth or is he lying to impress. But being the nice person I am I just ignore and even resisted to sending tw question 'are you lying to me or what?' It would be rude. And I know better. For some reason I was actually enjoying this conversation. I just didn't want to say goodbye. I didn't realize I had talked to him for so long. When I turned to my clock it was midnight. It didn't seem long but for me it was.

After saying goodbye to U-Kwon, thats when I realized my regular routine at night have been finally been ruined.