Little Discovery

Memories to Lies and Love

U-Kwon POV
I just couldn't get over that day. It was the most fun I ever had in my entire life. Being with Ha-Neul just made my day. I couldn't stop smiling. I wish that day could of never ended. I really wanted to stay but she had to go to work.

Another day came and I just couldn't wait till sunset. But I had forgotten that I had to something with Block B. Practice obviously. We were also going to have an interview today. How am I going to see Ha-Neul when sunset comes? I did not think this throughly. Then again when do I ever think in these types of situations. 

Doing the interview wasn't bad. But I was still thinking how I was going to ditch practice and go to the garden at sunset. At times someone would nudge me because I was being asked a question which I had yet to answer. Most of them were personal questions. Some were based on my opinion. There was one that really got me. It got me thinking about Ha-Neul, which reminded me that I still had to tell her how I felt about her. I again was still losing focus on what really what was going on. Everyone was asking me why I was acting like this. I really didn't know how to answer their questions. So all I did was shrug my shoulders as my answer.

With so much going on in my head, I just had to get out practice without further planning. I told them I was suddenly not feeling well and I just wanted to go back to the dorm. They all somehow felt for it and said it was okay for me to go. They said they wouldn't be home till late and that I would be home alone for awhile. I just couldn't believe they felt for it. So without thinking twice, I left and went to the garden.

Sunset was almost here and I was running as fast as I could to not be late. No surprise Ha-Neul was there.

"Hey you made it." she smiled. "I almost thought you weren't going to come."

"Well I'm here aren't I?" I laughed.

"Ne. I see." We sat down and Ha-Neul continued. "This meeting might be quick. Because my boss said I might have to go back to work again..."

"Which one?"

"With all the jobs I'm doing, I don't even know anymore..."

"You really shouldn't be putting so much pressure on yourself like that. You seem stress everytime I see you..."

"I know... But I have to... Because my parents fight too much."

"How long has this been going?"

"Two years."

Was she serious? And I thought I had it bad sometimes.

"Anyhow I better say this before my boss calls me again..."

I looked at her. "About what?"

was open but right when she was about to say something her phone rang. We said goodbye and as I watched her leave, I stayed back for a little bit. I didn't get a chance to tell her. 

I kept telling myself I was going to do it, but as days went by. It was the same thing over and over. Ha-Neul either had to leave early or I ended up stalling because I was so nervous. Every time I came home, I would later notice something about Ha-Neul that reminded me of someone I knew before. I still couldn't figure it out. Have I met someone like Ha-Neul before?

HA-NEUL POV 
Why does this have to be so difficult? It's been five weeks of failure. I can't say it to him. It's hopeless. No matter how hard I try to just say something simple, I either get interrupted or just end up saying something completely different. Five weeks. Can you believe it? Does that spell failure or what? Does my cousin know that I'm a failure? Yes. But luckily, she's not mad at me. She knows I'm going through this for the first time. Honestly, I'm mad at myself. I mean how much time do I need to just confess? Maybe a whole year. Who am I kidding? I should just give up all of this. Maybe falling for U-Kwon was a mistake. I guess I could always search for the person who sent me that note...

Before I had thought all this, I was getting supicious about U-Kwon. As it was three weeks after we made that promise, he was coming later and later. Or he had just made it. I asked him why he was always late, but U-Kwon's answer was always the same: "Block B's manager wanted to see me. I'm sorry for being late (again)."

I can't argue with him. I want to but I just can't. All I could do is just forgive him and move on. Still I noticed that everytime I mentioned something about idols, he would "act" like he didn't hear it the first time and would make me repeat it again. Since when does he care about my opinion on idols?

It was the first time I didn't want to see U-Kwon at the garden. I sent him a text that I was busy and needed to think about some things. Sure it was a lie. And I also said I was going to be honest with him, which I have been, but one little lie can't hurt. It's not like I'm hiding something. Besides, everyone needs a break from others. This a perfect time to do it.

For a whole day, I didn't see my cousin or U-Kwon. All I did was go through work at the ice cram parlor, which wasn't so bad. Then after that, I had the rest of the day off. I wondered around the town by myself till I had to pick up my brother from school.

When I picking up my brother, I had overheard some girls talking about Block B. I tried not to overhear but ended up listening anyway.

"Did you listen to their new song yet?" one girl asked her friend.

"You know it," the other girl said. "But OMG! It was so good! I replayed it over and over. I never got tired of it!"

"I think I'm becoming a BBC now. Who was your favorite again?"

"I thought I told you that already but if you must know, it's U-Kwon-oppa"

U-Kwon? Did I hear that right? I've met both Block B and U-Kwon. He can't possibly be an idol. He isn't. He would of told me if he was. Right? If U-Kwon really is an idol, then does that mean he's lying to me?

"Eunni? Eunni? Snap out of it!"

I blinked a couple times and saw my brother with a worried look on his face. How long was he standing there?

"Are you okay, Ha-Neul? You spacing out is getting worse." he said. "You look pale.."

"I'm fine. You ready to go now."

"Ne."

"Alrighty then. Kaja."

I must be over reacting. I've only been away from U-Kwon for only 17 hours and I'm already losing it.

As we walked home, I would ask if my brother is doing well I'm school. Sometimes he would ask me questions that involved other then on homework. As long as he pays attention to the teacher, I don't care what type of questions he asks. We arrived home knowing that we would hear the voices of our parents fighting like always. But this time it was different. We heard nothing. Silence surrounded the home. I told my brother to go to our room and I would be there in a minute.

I looked in the living room. No one was there. I looked in my parents' bedrooms. Empty. I went to the kitchen expecting to see no one but I end up seeing a women sitting at the kitchen table. I hesitate to ask who she was. That's until I got another look at her. My eyes widen. And all I could say was one word: "Mother..."