He Remembers

Memories to Lies and Love

U-Kwon POV
"Ha-Neul, I'm an idol."

There I said it. I told her the truth. I won't lie to anyone anymore. Lesson learned. Ha-Neul just stared at me. What was she going to say? Is she mad? She's been silent for awhile.

"Ha-Neul, did you hear me?" I asked.

Still no response.

"I understand if you want to be angry with me. It's fine." I say to her.

Ha-Neul bit her lip and looked down. "So all this time... You were... Lying to me."

"Ha-Neul, I know I made a mistake—"

"A mistake? You call this a mistake? You lied to me! I trusted you with everything." her eyes started to water. "I thought you were different U-Kwon. But I guess I was wrong."

"Ha-Neul, I—" I reached for her but she backed away.

"You're just like the rest of them. All this time you were lying to impress me. Idols are always the same. And to actually think, I was going to give idols another chance. What a fool I was?"

"Ha-Neul..."

"Forget it. I never want to see you again. Stay away from me forever Kim YuKwon."

Without even turning back, Ha-Neul left. This was my own fault. What good thing did I get out of this? Well I did find out she had feelings for me as well. But that was only because I wasn't an idol. Would it have been different if I said the truth. Who knows. At least I'll never tell a lie ever again.

As I headed home, the sky started to cloud up. 'Looks like it's about to rain.' I thought. 'Better get back the dorm before it starts to pour.'

I really did have that in mind, but the way I'm feeling now, after telling Ha-Neul the truth, I just slowly made my way back. I felt a couple of drops along the way but still didn't speed up. What was the point? I deserve more then a slap in the face. I'm such a fool. An idiot. This is now the result of my actions.

I entered the dorm with my hair a little damp. Feeling depressed, I ignored all the greetings my memebers gave me. After changing into my pjs and dried my hair, I climbed into bed and pulled the covers over me. I didn't want to talk to anyone. Not right now.

Ha-Neul's last words before she left replayed in my mind.

'Forget it. I never want to see you again. Stay away from me forever...'

I felt like I heard those words before. Not recently but from a long time ago. It was hard to remember but I did my best to picture it.

Soon I was getting an image when I was in elementary school. Being the crazy kid I was, I liked playing jokes on my friends. For them, I did it once in awhile. But there was this one person I just had to do it everyday. And that was the girl I left the note for. I only did it to her because I wanted to her attention. I was just a little boy. Can you blame me for that? I was expecting her to get angry at me and just say 'Stop it or I'll tell on you.' Instead she attacked me by pushing me against the wall and saying 'You better cut it out or you're really going to get it from me'

At that point on, it was war. No one could win this game till one day we both made a truces. 

"This game is getting old YuKwon. Can we call it quits? It was fun at first but now it's boring. Besides we do have better things to do other then this." she said.

"Yeah. You're right. It has gotten old. And no one can win so... Alright, I won't bother you anymore." I said.

"And I won't bother you."

It was only a few days later, I found myself falling for the girl. I wanted to talk to her but I never had the courage to do so. I didn't want her to think I was pulling a prank. My life got worse when I, not only liked her, but in love with her. And I never told her exactly why I started to prank her in the first place.

One day, I was going to tell her how I feel till another girl came up to me and said, "What have you done? What gave you the right to that to my cousin?"

I looked at her confused. "What are you talking about?"

"My cousin was beaten up because of you."

My eyes widen. "Wae? Anio. I didn't do anything. I would never hurt her badly."

"Not according to my sources. You better apologize or else you're going to get a piece of your own medicine."

"But I didn't do it! I haven't pulled a prank from the last few days!"

"Doesn't matter! Say you're sorry!!"

"How many times do I got to tell you that I—"

"Cousin... Are we at the infermery yet?" a weak voice asked.

I looked at who said it and I just couldn't believe my eyes. It was the girl , who I was going to confess to. Her uniform was ripped and she had opened wounds. Blood covered her arms and legs. Bruises were big and blue. She had a black eye on the right side but her hair covered it. She could barely stand. Who did this to her? And who is blaming me for this?

"Not yet cousin. Just hang in there."

Her cousin gave me the stick eye while she just looked at me in horror.

I looked at my lover with pleading eyes. "Please don't tell me you believe that I did this. I would never go this far. I promised—"

"A promise is a promise YuKwon. And you broke it. I thought I could trust you with those type of things. I guess I was a fool to realize that."

"Please believe me. I didn't do this. I swear."

"Give me one good reason why I should believe you?"

"Well, I... It's because... I... Uh... " I just have to tell her. Why can't I do this? If I love her, I would never hurt her. If only I could say the words. "I—"

"Forget it. I never want to see you again. Stay away from me forever YuKwon." 

I compared how Ha-Neul said the same words to me from the girl years ago. They were the same. As I found out this discovery, I realized that they both had the same facial features. After putting the pieces together, I sat up. This can't be ture. But I couldn't think of anyone else who would fit. They were the same. They're one person. Which means... Ha-Neul was my first love. I found her again.