Life Now

Memories to Lies and Love

Ha-Neul POV
Everyday is the same. I go to one of my five jobs where my boss yells at me, my brother keeps telling me he wants to drop out of school to become an idol, and my parents are at each others throats for no reason. This was my daily routine after I graduated from high school. I don't know why everything changed like this.

Everything was just fine from before. At night, I hear my parents give death threats and call each other names. I'm surprised there has yet to be any blood during their fights. It's all they do. They refuse to do anything together. Sometimes I wonder this lead to the point where they found out that my 15 year old brother wanted to drop out of school and become an idol. But he tells me that he never told them and they haven't found out. It's not that I don't believe him, I just had it with parents fighting all the time. It's been two years and I want it all to stop. They don't seem to notice their children are in need of their love. I want to say something but I tried it once, they told me to stay out it and if  I ever interfere again they would kill me. To give a better understanding to never interfere again, my parents cut my hair shoulder length while I was sleeping. So now I'm scared out of my life to even look at my parents. Waking up to go to work isn't near as bad. Even though my bosses put me under the spot all the time. They say if I ever make a mistake they'll fire me which I have done billions of times. They have yet to fire me.

The only place I could go is to my cousins' house where it's peaceful and stress free. My cousin also has a little brother so I also bring mine so that he doesn't have to be stuck with my parents. For two years, we celebrated birthdays and holidays here. We even spent the night a couple times. Or maybe almost half a year.

"Why not just live here instead of at your own home, where you say it's hell?" my cousin asked.

"I'm willing to give up my life there and live here... But I can't." I told her. "My parents may be a pain but we're a family. No matter what happens."

Today I work at the cafe. I just clear tables. Nothing special. But I did like working here because this was the only place I didn't get yelled at. My boss was my auntie. And she knows that my parents are fighting all the time. She keeps telling me to quit all my jobs and just work here. I can't let my auntie give me money just because I'm working  for her. It wouldn't be right.  With all this going on, behind all my feelings towards everything, I still have dreams and its to find a lover. The one I'm looking for is someone to help me get through these tough times and has a smile that'll help me forget these bad memories. I want to feel that everything is going to be alright. But the way I'm living now, there's just no way I'll find my prince...

U-Kwon POV

My routine is always the same. Get up early in the morning. Do whatever what's planned for the day. Practice for I don't know how long. Then go to bed till past midnight. If I'm lucky, I get to sleep in. But how can I do that when there are probably cameras in the dorms. And camera crew are busting through our doors. I don't even remember the last time I had time for myself. Where there was no cameras around my face. But I chose this route. I wanted to become someone. I have a passion for music so I went with it. So I shouldn't be complaining. I'm known as the smile of the group. Fans don't know half the story behind my smile. Not even my members who have been with me ever since our debut. It's hard to believe, I know. All I want is to find that special someone. From the last seven mouths, this is all I've been thinking of. This shouldn't be a big deal but I been wanting to meet the girl of my dreams. Question is, where would I find her?

Why should I even bother? With my schedule, I won't have time to be in a relationship. Unless the girl is willing to accept me for who I am. Ah, who am I kidding? The only girls who would want to be my girlfriend would be my fans. Not that there's nothing wrong with them. I would just find it kind of weird. Plus I wouldn't want to make a scene. There's to much drama going on anyway. Nobody needs that.

After a long day of practice, we went to a nearby cafe that wasn't to far from our dorm. Our manager didn't mind so he let us go on our own. Only if we came back to the dorm right after.

"Shall we eat in or take it to-go?" Zico asked as neared the cafe.

"Let's eat in. It would be nice to be away from the dorm for awhile." Jaehyo suggested as we all nodded in agreement.

"Alright then. Eat-in it is"

As we made through the entrance, we heard a couple of girls say "Omg! It's Block B!!!" The host came up to us and asked us if there was a certain place we wanted to sit. Zico pointed to a  place where we all agreed on.

"We'll call you when your table is ready." The host turned away and I heard her call, "Ha-Neul-ah!!!! Clear this table for me will you."

"Ne! I'll be right there." was the response.

I turned to where the voice came from and there stood the most beautiful girl I ever laid my eyes on.