act normal

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Ugh. Why did I have to have classes today?" Linna grumbled to herself as she entered the school's gates.

"Why couldn't they be cancelled like a majority of everyone else?"

She continued to grumble while walking towards her first class.

"At least let me sleep in like Youngseo. Hayoun's so lucky she has no classes."

Linna then shrugged upon thinking of her older cousin.

"Hmm, at least I'm not like Minseo and didn't have a study group early this morning on top of going to classes."

Still, Linna groaned, wishing she had more than a banana this morning.

"Maybe I should've ate something instead of procrastinating before getting ready this morning. Oh well, the girls are gonna treat tonight and I'll look forward to that."

Soon Linna happily skipped the rest of her way to her first class and rounding the corner she ran into another body. Before she could fall backwards, the other person helped steady her and brought her upright.

"Whoa there. Gotta be careful, Jiyeon."

A familiar laugh sounded and Linna looked up to see Sunghoon holding her in place.

"Hi." Sunghoon greeted with a bright smile, still holding onto Linna's upper body.

"Uh, hi."

Linna returned the same gesture, but slightly patted at his arms to be aware of their positions.

"Ah, sorry, Sunghoon." 

Sunghoon let her go, but made sure she wouldn't fall over.

"It's okay, Jiyeon."

Linna adjusted her backpack unconsciously, needing a distraction from running into her crush already in the morning.

"Um, so you have classes today, too?" Linna asked as Sunghoon.

"Yes. I see you do, too."

"Mmhmm."

The two continued to stand there and Linna wondered if Sunghoon didn't have somewhere to go as he remained standing in her way although she could move first.

"So-" She started, but Sunghoon spoke first.

"How's the studying going for exams going for you?"

"Um, good. I have a study session later today with Youngseo at the Lift Library once classes are over."

"Oh, nice. Jake and I will be there, too. Maybe we can study together."

Sunghoon flashed her a smile as Linna inwardly swoon upon seeing it.

"Um, yeah, for sure." Linna agreed without processing it and wished she hadn't really said anything concrete.

She immediately excuse herself.

"Anyway, I gotta get to class. See you later."

Linna scurried away as Sunghoon's eyes followed after with a small smile on his face. However, Sunghoon pulled out his phone to messaged Jake that they would be having a studying session at the Lift Library after classes today instead of going to dance practice. No response, but after Sunghoon mentioned that they would be studying with Linna and Melanie, Jake responded right away with an 'OK'. 

"Hey, you." Jake happily greeted Melanie when she sat down next to him.

"Thought you weren't gonna show up today."

Melanie let out a sheepish laugh as she brought out her materials.

"Yeah, I overslept just a bit."

The two sat in the back of the classroom with Melanie barely making it on time for the class to start.

"You slept in until two in the afternoon?"

"No, I slept in until twelve-thirty." Melanie corrected.

"I just had to get ready and looked for my stuff later than I normally would."

"Oh, I see."

"Mmhmm."

Melanie continued to nonchalantly organized her materials as Jake watched her. Melanie slowly turned to face a staring Jake.

"Can I help you?"

Jake shot her a smile.

"Yeah, what drinks should I get everyone for our study group after this?"

"What do you mean?"

Melanie tilted her head in confusion.

"We don't have any study groups going on."

"Oh, Sunghoon told me that we're meeting up with you and Jiyeon at the Lift Library after this."

Melanie knew she and Linna were studying together and their sisters would join them later, but when did Jake and Sunghoon become a part of it, too. However, she recalled Jake asking her about needing additional tutoring sessions, but so far the two haven't actually gotten around to it. Before Melanie could message Linna about it or even check her messages to see if she missed it, the professor began the lesson. Melanie briefly cast Jake a small smile and a curt nod as if to confirm his words. She turned away, missing the giddy smile that graced Jake's face before he, too, focused on the professor.

"Hmm, hopefully the spot I want is opened." Kierra said to herself as she entered Central Library.

She was supposed to meet her sister and cousins at the Lift Library, but decided a group session would not be convenient for her and opted to study alone. She knew that she and the other three might not get anything done due to wanting to rant about school and other stuff. Of course she and the others could've studied at home where it was guaranteed on the quietness within their own rooms, but the library would have more access for materials to use and less distractions if at home.

"Ah, it's already occupied."

Kierra continued walking to find another spot and settled at a table with less people around her. Kierra set up her study materials and remembered she needed some snacks and drinks. When she returned, Jay also occupied the table alongside his own stuff.

"Couldn't find your own table to study at, Jay?"

Kierra set her meal onto the table as she sat across from him. Jay shot her a smile with a shrug.

"I was, Hayoun, but saw your things here and thought I join you if you want the company like last semester."

He gave her a curious look.

"Do you want me to leave instead?"

"No, it's fine. I don't mind your company at all."

Kierra didn't want him to feel like he's done something wrong and since it was exam week, everyone's stressing to pass their classes and she didn't want to stress him out even more either. Also, Kierra really didn't mind his company as Jay was quite knowledgable and she could use his intelligence if needed.

"You're not studying with the others?" She asked a second later.

"No. I really needed some time away from them to focus more."

"Same. By the way, do you want something to eat or drink?"

Kierra offered as she motioned at her array of snacks and drinks.

"My treat since I grabbed a lot just in case I didn't feel like getting up again so soon."

She smiled as to ease the male to accept her offering.

"Ah, yeah, thanks."

"Welcome."

The two quietly sat and went about going over their own study materials while every now and then they would ask the other to help quiz them to better test what they had just read over for the rest of the day. Meanwhile, Serena ended up returning home once her classes were done in need of a deep recharge. Linna and Melanie had their study session with Sunghoon and Jake and it went fairly well, but the latter kept being interrupted by the other students in wanting the duo's help or to study along with them, too. Melanie and Linna decided to just excuse themselves and study elsewhere, leaving Jake and Sunghoon to deal with their fellow schoolmates. However, the male pair were quietly upset, but couldn't stop the female pair from leaving.

"Ah, yes! Happy today's exams are over, but now I'm just anxious for the results." Linna grumbled as she joined Melanie in the Central Library.

"Oh, I know right." Melanie agreed, slumped on the table.

"I just have one more exam, but that's not until next Wednesday."

"Lucky. My last one is next Monday."

"Better than Minseo." Melanie chuckled.

"Hers are both on Monday and Tuesday next week instead."

"Ooh, that . Because Hayoun's is on Tuesday and Wednesday."

" for them. I'm so tired and don't wanna study anymore."

The two shared a giggle as Linna sighed tiredly, also laying her head onto the table's surface.

"For real. Studying again right now is the furtherest thing from my mind."

"Oh yeah?"

Melanie perked up, lifting her head to stare at her cousin.

"What's on your mind then?"

"Park Sunghoon."

Linna silently screamed into her arms before lifting her head to huffed as Melanie laughed, amused.

"What's wrong with that? I thought that was a normal thing?"

Linna whipped her head to stare at her cousin with a frown.

"It was a normal thing when I could admire him from afar, but there's been so much physical and close interactions since winter holidays that it's overwhelming."

Melanie laughed again in a good-nature manner.

"Well, that's improvement though. Isn't it?"

"I dunno."

Linna groaned into her arms once again.

"Why not give him that letter you've already written for him, hmm?"

Linna's head shot up towards Melanie.

"How did you know I wrote him another letter?"

"I saw it on your desk the other night when I asked to borrow scissors."

"Oh, right. Can't believe I left it out for y'all to read on it by chance"

Linna sighed deeply.

"Well, I'm still debating if I want to give it to him or not though. I mean, it'll give me closure of sorts as I confessed my name and all that, but Minseo did say he wasn't interested through Heeseung."

"True, but you haven't actually heard those actual words from Sunghoon's mouth though, right?"

"Yes, but still..." Linna trailed off as Melanie continued to encouraged her cousin.

"Still, anything could happen. You never know for sure though."

"Yeah, true, but I just wished I didn't have feelings for the guy though. I mean, we went to the same high school, but didn't really hang out all that much outside of it though. Then we had like a class or two since attending the same college, but again, we didn't really hang out much either. Despite having mutual friends, we never really hung out just the two of us, so it just seems weird. Don't you think?"

"So? What's wrong with that? At least you're not a stalker or try to invade his personal space and being clingy."

Linna groaned once again.

"Nothing I guess, but as a person that kept to themselves and only socialized when invited or needed, I guess I'm just tired of seeing and hearing that almost every girl in my class wants to be his partner or gets super touchy with him and almost all the guys thinks he's cool or are envious of him."

"Are you jealous?" Melanie teased as Linna eyed her cousin with a laugh and a shake of her head.

"Nah, it's not even like that. I can't be jealous when he's his own person and shouldn't be view that way anyway. Still, it's just kinda cliche in a way and I never thought I would actually witness it though. I mean, it seems too surreal even though the way Minseo explained it that one day, and it still just feels like I'm in a drama series of sorts, but as one of those side characters yearning for the male lead's attention."

"I feel you, but not the part about yearning the attention of the male lead. I don't want the drama that comes with the male lead to be honest."

The two share a laugh, agreeing.

"Anyway, how about you?"

Linna re-directed the attention onto her cousin instead.

"So, what's your deal with Jake though."

"I thought we settled that topic a while back."

"Nah. I feel like there's more to discuss." Linna chuckled, more amused than before and wanting to deviate away from the subject of Sunghoon.

"Your life is way more interesting than mine and Jake's the type that's friends with everyone and nice to anyone while Sunghoon is kinda too hard to approach unless you're cool and confident like him or something."

"Jake is friendly, but so is Sunghoon once he's comfortable. It's just that you like him more than as a friend which makes it harder to talk to him on that level."

Melanie eyed Linna.

"But after all the interactions you've had with him that you've told me about, I think y'all are close enough to be friends and not just friends of friends."

Linna nodded, giving in.

"Okay, okay, and you're right, but the other reason is Choi Rika."

"Really? But she has a boyfriend."

"Yeah, and I thought the same thing, but she always seems to act like she doesn't whenever it concerns Sunghoon or something? I mean he's allow to have friends and what not, but she always waits for him outside of class even if she's supposed to be in her own class. I dunno if he thinks otherwise, but yeah, I dunno."

Linna dimissed the topic.

"But enough about me again. Let's go back to you. Didn't you say that he was cute despite just being a tutor of yours, hmm?"

Melanie shrugged nonchalantly.

"I dunno. That's what I thought, but just like you, ever since winter holiday, the interactions and encounters have been more frequent than normal."

"Weren't y'all friends before though? I mean, y'all had the same class in your last year of high school, right?"

"Yes, but technically, no. Friends of friends. He was a friendly classmate that happened to tutor me in math before that whole love letter incident occured this year."

"But...?"

"Now people think he and I do have something going on or whatever."

"I thought that died down."

"Me, too, but I dunno. Probably Kim Nara? Yet, I'm pretty sure she would rather have Jake for herself than allowed me to be connected with him."

"Sounds dumb, but doesn't she also have a boyfriend though?"

"Yeah, no kidding, but I dunno what's up with that. However, she won't stop giving me the eye whenever Jake is around though."

"So, why don't you just address it properly?"

"There's no point in trying to explain something to someone when there's nothing going on in the first place."

"But it's bothering you, right?"

"Somewhat."

"Then you should say something."

"I dunno. Still, Jake treats me the same as before, but he's a little more attentive. I guess, a little more friendlier than before."

"So, your new crush is becoming a bigger crush?" Linna teased as Melanie swatted at her.

"Not even. Unlike you with Sunghoon."

Linna made a face.

"It's not the same."

"You actually like Sunghoon while I just think Jake's cute."

"Same difference."

"If you say so."

"I do."

Melanie stopped the teasing and sighed deeply while placing her head onto the table's surface.

"I know we should continued to study, but I'm so tired."

Linna mirrored her cousin's action.

"Nah, for real. Me, too."

"How about we ditch our sisters?"

"Sounds like a good idea as they're with Sunoo, Jungwon, and Ni-Ki."

Melanie laughed.

"Ah, yes, forgot they were helping them study."

"Mmhmm. Anyway, should we go home or somewhere else?"

"Depends. What do you wanna do?"

"I dunno. What do you feel like doing?"

The cousins were unaware that two other people have joined their space shortly after as they continued to have a discussion amongst them.

"Hello, ladies."

The cousins swiftly lifted their heads to see the two young men they were talking about earlier and wondered why they were here, too.

"How about we all go somewhere else to study for a change of pace?" Jake suggested with a cool smile.

"I'm bored." Ni-Ki announced, looking up at the others.

"Yeah, let's do something else." Sunoo suggested, looking up from his books.

"I can't focus anymore."

Jungwon laughed, doing the same.

"Yeah, me, too."

Ni-Ki shifted his gaze over to Serena and Kierra.

Please log in to read the full chapter