awareness

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Good evening, ladies and gentlmen!" The quartet's friend, Baek Seona, greeted the crowd.

"And thank you so much for attending my birthday party."

The four found themselves in Gapyeong at a luxury resort for Seona's birthday several days later and didn't realized that she came from a wealthy background. Then again, in the past, they always celebrated at either Girls One or Girls Two's homes or at a restaurant until this year. Despite it being their friend's birthday, it seemed more like a business function as Seona explained that this part of the party was the only thing she had a say in. Which the cousins agreed to help Seona have the best birthday ever despite her parents still controlling it in the end. However, what Seona didn't tell her parents was that she allowed the the four and their other friends to spice things up to at least make it a night to remember for her than for her parents. She wanted it for her own happiness over theirs.

"Please give a warm welcome to, Color Me Pretty!"

Seona motioned for the four to join her on the make stage. The quartet's group name and stage names were based on their colorful dresses thanks to Seona. The cousins each wore an a-line off-the-shoulder asymmetrical chiffon lace cocktail dress with sequins alongsdise a lace-like choker pendant necklace with matching high heels and feathered sequin and laced masquerade masks. Linna in sky blue, Melanie in lilac, Kierra in daffodil, and Serena in mint green. Normally, the cousins would have said no to something like this again, but they wanted to make sure their friend had at least one birthday she could fun with.

"1, 2," Melanie began as they finished as a group,"We're Color Me Pretty!"

"I'm Lilac."

"I'm Sky Blue."

"I'm Daffodil."

"I'm Mint Green."

Melanie spoke again.

"Please watch over us kindly."

"Good luck and have fun." Seona wished as she left them to perform.

The four got into formation as they performed to a few rearrange choreographies until the real fun began during the fourth song. Chaos ensued all around as Seona and friends got a hold of silly strings and water bottles and started spraying and splashing the crowd before the chorus hit, making the overall performance all that much more thrilling than normal. Then the song got cut off as yelling could be heard from Seona's parents to settled the crowd.

"I think we should go now." Serena informed the other three once she noticed some men in black looking like security guards.

"Oh, yeah, definitely."

Not wanting to get caught or having to deal with Seona's parents the four and the rest of their friends took off with Seona giving them encouraging smiles as they abandoned the spray cans where they were or tossing them away in a nearby trashcan. So much was happening, with loud shouting and yelling from everywhere and anywhere, but the quartet ran off laughing and not caring about them being in heels as an adrenaline rush came over them compare to the pain they would be feeling much later on.

"Oh, ."

While moving through the throngs of bodies, the cousins were separated from one another, but each unfortunately came across one of the men in black. Before they could debate on how to make an escape, they each felt a hand slip into theirs and pull them away from the security guards in another direction.

"Jay?"

"Sunghoon?"

"Heeseung?"

"Jake?"

Surprised, each gazed at their savior, wondering if they've been watching them this whole time to react as quickly as the way they had reacted just now.

"Let's go."

Each male took her hand and made their way out through one of the side doors to the open rest area, passing the open gates, and onto the grasssy area of the resort. Unfortunately, each pair got caught amongst the sprinklers and became instantly drenched.

"Oh no!"

"Wow!"

"What the?!"

"Oh !"

Came the responses as the males panicked about the whole ordeal yet the females basked in the moment, laughing, causing him to stop and stare at her in a daze. In that moment, he quickly closed the distance between them, gently took her face in his hands, and tenderly place his lips upon hers. She stiffened upon the initimate action, but kissed him back, getting caught in the moment before realization hit her. She immediately pulled away and ran off, leaving him dazed once more yet not confused with a smile forming on his face. However, the cousins distracted themselves for the next few days with other activities, ignoring the males' constant messages and calls, pretending that nothing initmate happened between them that day. Although they confided in one another about the incident, none of them were in the mood to tease the other or let the reality of it sink in.

"Good evening, everyone!" Woojoo greeted the crowd of 20 CUBE alongside Sujin.

"Tonight, we have some spectacular performances for y'all tonight as we're celebrating 20 CUBE's third birthday since opening!"

The crowd cheered with several being the cousins and their friends as a majority of them were participating in 20 CUBE's anniversay event thanks to the pair.

"Now, let's get this anniversary party started!"

The crowd clapped and cheered as several acts came and went until it was the quartet's turn.

"One, two," Linna began, as they finished as a group, "We're Summer Girls!"

The quartet didn't individually introduced themselves and had a quick talking ment as they got into formation for their performance, but during the stage they caught sight of him and tried to keep cool and calm as to not be distracted. The males hadn't pursue the situation despite trying to contact the four. Still, the quartet focused on their performance, not letting him distract her for the time being. Once they were done, the four stuck around to watch the rest of the performances as Ni-Ki, Sunoo, and Jungwon wanted them to see what they had prepared.

"Cheer for us, okay!" The trio told the cousins as they nodded, agreeing.

However, the pair of sisters tried their best to stay focus despite feeling his eyes on her as they sat within close proximity. It didn't really help that she kept ignoring him since that day, frustrating him even more as he wanted to know where they stood in their relationship. Still, he missed his chance to confront her in time when she snuck away some time later despite sending her messages, too, and receiving no responses once more. The cousins knew that eventually they would have to talk to him about the whole thing, but for now they just didn't want to deal with it and tried to just live normally as possible. They were grateful that their other friends hadn't mention anything and so knew he hadn't said anything as of yet, but she knew that her luck would run out and she would eventually have to talk to him about it.

The cousins were riding the bus home after school supplies shopping as the fall term would be starting in less than a week.

"Hey, the girls are having a kickback tonight, inviting us to come over." Linna informed them as she and Melanie were checking the chats.

"They wanna do a barbecue before school starts again. They have the ingredients already."

The other two were busy playing Pokemon Go instead and were in the midst of an overseas raid.

"Is it just us girls?" Kierra and Serena chimed, focusing on their mobile phones.

"Yes." The other two confirmed.

"Hmm, should we bring some snacks or something?" Serena asked after she and Kierra defeated the Pokemon and were currently trying to catch it now.

"Oh, yeah, we can pick something up on the way over. I think there's a Tous les Jours nearby" Kierra suggested, jumping on Serena's ideas.

"I've been wanting some milk cream breads, the pillow cream bread, and some custard buns lately."

Kierra giggled as Linna smiled, having looked up the menu.

"Ooh, I wanna either try the Triple Delight Coffee one or the Classic Mocha. Maybe a tiramisu, too. I haven't had that in a long while."

"Oh, me, too." Melanie chimed with a thoughtful look.

"I haven't had the tiramisu from them in a long while, too."

"Okay, then, we'll stop by a Tous les Jours before going over there because I want some of those choco cream breads, too." Serena concluded with a laugh.

"Oh, I've been eyeing this cloud cake for a while now even though I don't actully like the actual strawberries in it, too."

"You're weird." Linna and Melanie chimed with a giggle as Kierra agreed with her cousin.

"Hey, strawberries just have weird textures like other fruits."

"Y'all are just weird." The younger pair repeated, laughing.

The older two caught their Pokemon as they continued their discussion about what to get on their way home before heading over to Girls One's home for the party.

"So, you're hiding out all the way up here, hmm?"

A familiar voice made Serena open her eyes as she shifted them onto Heeseung while abruply sitting upright from her lying down position on the rooftop's flat surface.

"Or were you trying to hide away from me again?"

A ghost of a smile graced his lips while walking closer to her, stopped next to where she sat, and placed his arms on the railing, staring down at their friends from atop.

"Did you follow me up here?" She answered with a question instead, not wanting to answer either questions despite initially wanting to hide from the male upon seeing him and the others upon arrival.

She and the other three assumed it would just be a girls' night, but it eventually ended up being their whole friend group, chilling. So she, her sister, and her cousins remained calm and collect, but deep down wanted to leave as soon as they had just came. Neither of them wanted to interact with a particular person as they still hadn't figured out what they felt for him and what to actually think of the kiss either. Unfortunately, Woojoo, Sujin, and the others spotted them and kept them from escaping. Anyway, Serena stared through the railings to what she could make of Girls One's backyard with her limited view.

"Not necessarily, Minseo. You just happened to be here, too."

Which was partially true. Heeseung had been wanting to come up to the rooftop for a while, but seeing Serena going up first made him decide to actually go and talk with her alone since she wouldn't initiate it first. If she wouldn't return his texts or calls, then he might as well take matters into his own hands with her physically there with no escape.

"I was just curious to see how the view from atop here was like. That's all."

"Right." She softly said, but replied to his curiosity.

"Anyway, the view is lovely, no lie. So pretty."

Serena had quickly made her way to the rooftop of the sharehouse to get away from the crowd after organizing all the snacks they had gotten from the Tous les Jours bakery with Kierra in the kitchen despite wanting to eat a slice of one of the cakes. She and the other three had believed it would just be them and the residents of this home and Girls Two, but there seemed to be more people than previously assumed and four others that they've been avoiding a lot lately. However, Serena wasn't ready to confront Heeseung about the kiss or the brewing feelings she was having for him either and opted to hide away on the rooftop. She knew she was good at running away from her feelings and staying in denial despite writing stories and teasing her sister and cousins about such things.

"Also, I didn't feel like eating either."

The meat and other food items were still being cooked with some already eating, but Serena felt like keeping herself away from the crowd and any interactions.

"Anyway, can you move over a little more to your left. You're in my space. Also, stay on your side of the roof and take in the view from over there."

Serena casually motioned for Heeseung to move some distance away from her as she lied back down and closed her eyes again, breathing in the late summer air and calming herself from doing something impulsive if she didn't focus on that. Serena didn't catch the way Heeseung's smile deepened upon hearing her words while settling himself a little closer to Serena and continued taking in the view of his friends below and of the evening sky around him. It was definitely a nice view as he, too, inhaled the late summer air.

"Thanks for bringing the baked goods."

Heeseung stared down at Serena as her eyes remained closed, but she still responded.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, you're very welcome."

She slowly breathed in and out, just calming herself to nod off to sleep or at least relax her mind and body. Even though Heeseung was near, she didn't mind if she did fall asleep or not with him here though.

"Oh, um, by the way, make sure to take some home, too."

By the tone of her voice, Heeseung felt that it seemed slightly off. As if she wasn't feeling well or distracting herself. A small frown formed on his face soon after.

"Are you feeling alright, Minseo?"

She didn't hear him and Heeseung repeated himself.

"Hmm?"

Serena had spaced out for both and only caught it near the end. Heeseung repeated it, but a little louder this third time.

"Oh, yeah, sorry, I'm fin

Please log in to read the full chapter