weekend

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Oh, are we there yet?" Serena asked, awaking from her nap as she stretched in her seat.

"Where are we going again?" Kierra chimed in a second later, also waking from her nap and stretching.

The two fell alseep during the car ride while sitting in the back of the vehicle as their sisters sat in the middle and Sujin and Woojoo were up front with Sujin driving, heading to Chuncheon for Woojoo's birthday weekend trip a few days after returning to Seoul. However, the trip was supposed to be with their large group of friends, but miscommunication and other things happened, and that left it with just the thirteen of them traveling to get away from the city life instead. The other seven happened to be Sunoo and company and they rode in another vehicle, heading out first. The cousins kept their feelings and interactions at bay, but knowing how much time they would spend with them over the weekend, who knows what could happen.

"Lake six-thirteen." Sujin answered while driving the large vehicle.

"It's located here in this remote forest."

"Yeah, my parents have this friend that owns this humongous property with a few lake houses built on them for his family's personal use. He actually lent us the whole area until Monday as a favor to my dad." Woojoo informed her friends, happily.

"So, we won't be disturb by others and have it all to ourselves! It would've been amazing if all of us were here, but oh well, the thirteen of us would fill it up well. At least I still have y'all here. By the way, there's even a guest house that floats right on the lake."

"A floating guest house?"

Linna seemed skeptical as Melanie didn't mind.

"That'll be cool to stay in a floating guest house. I wonder how it's like."

"Not sure, but my dad's friend said it's completely safe and doesn't really feel like you're on water at all."

Woojoo glanced over her shoulder at the other four with a reassuring smile.

"Besides, one of the boys can stay there if y'all didn't want to or Sujin and I could instead."

She turned forward again, but continued talking.

"Anyway, I'm pretty sure my dad said there were like four or five houses in total, including the floating house so we won't be totally cramped into one area. As for the houses, they're basically the same with a main living room on the main floor, a second living room on the second floor, a kitchen, two bathrooms, two bedrooms, and two terraces except for the floating house which only has one bedroom, a bathroom, and a terrace. However, the main house is much bigger, super spacious, and practically where everyone gathers to hang out to play games or eat. I believe that one has like four bedrooms, four bathrooms, three living rooms, and a super large kitchen, too."

"Wow." The other five let out in awed.

"Yeah, I know." Woojoo agreed with a laugh.

"My dad didn't send me pictures, but I'll take his words for it. Anyway, the property also houses a built-in barbecue grill area with several picnic tables around the land, a lovely flower garden, a karaoke room, a few game areas with arcade like games, two jacuzzis, an in-door swimming pool, an outdoor swimming pool, two full courts with one for tennis and the other for basketball, a gym of sorts, and a few trails for ATV riding, too. I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember it all. This is basically like a resort of sorts."

"Your dad's friend is really gonna let us hang out without any worries?" Sujin voiced in concern.

"Like with everything on their properties?"

"Yeah, but don't worry. My dad's friend gave me all the information and contact to handle things if something goes wrong or if we need to ask something." Woojoo reassured her friends.

"So, yeah, my parents told me and Sunoo to have a fun time and to just enjoy the rest of our summer for the fall term starts. They actually stocked it a few days prior."

Still, the five were in amazement of such a fun and luxurious getaway retreat just for Woojoo's birthday and without any other supervision from the homeowner.

"So, are we actually gonna drive the ATVs one of these days?" Linna asked a second later.

"Oh, no. I'll never partake in that." Woojoo answered with a laugh as Sujin agreed.

"Yeah. It's too much to handle and I don't want to deal with that."

"Really?"

Serena was surprised before smiling.

"But it's really fun. It's kinda like driving a car or a bike or a motorbike."

"Yeah, and it's even a lot of fun going off trails, too." Kierra added with a laugh.

"The trails must be so fun though."

"Nope."

Came Woojoo's reply with a laugh.

"No way I'm gonna ride one of those. Just gonna relax this whole weekend."

"I agree." Sujin said with a nod as the car neared the property.

"Anyway, here we are."

They were all amazed when they pulled up on the property with the said many houses, all the amenities mentioned plus more among other things placed around the land, and the breathtaking view from vast sky and stunning lake. The group also happened to spot four dogs and a group of young men playing with them.

"Oh, wonderful. The boys arrived first. We can ask them to help us unload." Woojoo stated, happily.

"For my birthday, it's just a simple hangout of campfire and cake as I really don't wanna go all out. Having y'all here with me is enough and probably get trash, too."

Woojoo giggled before speaking again.

"Anyway, tonight, we're just gonna do a campfire and set off minor fireworks instead of actually celebrating my birthday."

"But you deserve to get all that birthday celebration." Melanie argued as Linna agreed.

"Yeah, we gotta do all that cake, games, and whatever it is you wanna do."

Woojoo shook her head.

"No thanks. My parents already did that before we left and so I just wanna chill this weekend without expectations and whatever."

She gave them each a stern look.

"So, let's just chill and have fun this weekend before school starts back up again in a couple of weeks."

The others nodded, giving into their friend's demand as they knew how Woojoo was like, too.

They all piled out of the vehicle as they went about unloading their things from it. In the process Serena heard a small bark, turned, and crouched down to greet a white and tan maltese coming towards her. Unexpectedly, she paid no attention to the rest of the canines heading her way as she focused on the furball in front of her.

"Hi. Who might you be, hmm?"

A few seconds later she heard her name being called and screaming while the others around her were scrambling about, but it was too late. Serena was tackled by the remaining three dogs as all four now her face, sniffed her body, butted their heads against her, and roamed all over her body in excitement while she kept her face blocked and head from being trampled. Everyone was in shock by the sudden scene before them as Melanie laughed at her sister's predicament. The dogs ran off after being called by their owners as Serena continued to lie on the grassy ground, recovering from whatever had just occured a moment ago while staring up at the late morning sky.

"It's too early for this ."

She sighed deeply. Soon, a familiar face came into view. Heeseung hovered above her with a concern expression.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just peachy."

He cocked a brow at her sarcastic tone with a small smile as she shot him a tired smile a second later.

"I'm fine, Heeseung. Really, I am. Anyway, thanks."

"Good to know, Minseo."

Heeseung chuckled as he offered his hands out towards her.

"Now, come on. Let me help you up."

"Nah, I'm fine where I am."

A smirk formed on his face and she wasn't sure how to decipher that.

"Would you prefer that I lift you up instead?"

"No, no. You don't need to do all that. Here."

Serena nonchalantly held up her arms as Heeseung firmly gripped both of her hands with his and pulled her to her feet with ease with a laugh.

"Thanks again."

"You're welcome."

Serena began dusting herself off as her eyes followed to where all the canines ran off to.

"So, who's who and belongs to who?" She asked a second later, facing the seven.

"Bisco is mine. He's the maltese that ran up to you earlier." Ni-Ki explained with a laugh.

"He only knows Japanese."

"Layla is the one that tackled you afterwards. Sorry." Jake apologized, a sheepish expression upon his face.

"She's the cream colored border collie and knows only English."

"I have a white female poodle named Gaeul. She only knows Korean." Sunghoon introduced next with an apologetic look with Jungwon being last and trying to hold back his laughter.

"The other white maltese is mine. His name is Maeum and also knows only Korean."

"Nice." Serena simply said as her attention went towards the canines once more.

Soon enough, the group talked about the house arrangements and who would be staying and sleeping where as Woojoo held four set of keys with numbers on them to indicate which house they would stay in. The cousins stated that they didn't care where they stayed or with whom. Which prompted Jungwon to ask about rooming with one of them in a joking tone and the four said they were fine with that, too, not really thinking how their responses would be perceived by the others. However, their responses piqued four particular persons' interest and yet the younger three males wanted to tease them about it, but in a way that they couldn't do much about it unless to make it obvious for everyone.

"Oh, then I'm gonna room with both Minseo and Hayoun." Ni-Ki declared immediately with a grin as he swiped one of the keys from Woojoo's hand before swinging an arm around Serena and Kierra's shoulders, dragging them away towards one of the smaller houses.

"We're gonna play games, eat snacks, play catch, and y'all can watch Bisco, too." Ni-Ki listed all sorts of activities they would as the cousins shot each other a look.

"So, we're babysitting?"

"So, we're petsitting?"

"Basically." Ni-Ki answered with a laugh.

Kierra and Serena didn't mind, but they wrestle with Ni-Ki as to get out of the headlocked he got them in and even had a race to the house to claim who would have a room to themselves. Meanwhile, both Sunoo and Jungwon claimed the other two females that weren't their sisters as they would be be rooming together, too.

"Oh, Jiyeon, be my roommate!" Sunoo said, skipping towards her as she was the closes to him compare to Melanie.

"And whoever Jungwon chooses."

Whereas for Jungwon, he beckoned Melanie over to him with a mischievous look.

"Youngseo, you and I will share a bed." 

"Oh, Ddeonu! Yes!" Linna replied, giddily as Melanie cast Jungwon with a suspicious look while walking towards him.

"Why do you gotta say it like that, Yang Jungwon?"

"Because Sunoo and Jiyeon are roommates and are gonna share a bed together. So, that means we're roommates, too, Park Youngseo. It's obvious. Anyway, c'mon, let's choose our room first and get the better one."

Jungwon immediately grabbed her hand as he took one of the other three keys from Woojoo's hand and ran towards one of the other smaller houses, too.

"Slow down, Jungwon. It doesn't matter about the rooms."

"Yeah, it does."

"Wait for us!" Sunoo yelled after Jungwoon as he took a hold of Linna's hand and ran after the pair.

"Hold on, Sunoo. Don't pulled so hard." Linna said with a laugh, but still keeping up with the male.

"Hmm, then that means Sujin and I are together and we're gonna choose the floating house." Woojoo said as she hooked arms with Sujin.

"I guess that leaves you four together in the main house then." Sujin said with a ghost of a smile.

"Which is good since it's the biggest. Here you go."

Woojoo tossed the other key towards the quartet with Heeseung catching it as she and Sujin headed over to their place. Jake, Sunghoon, Heeseung, and Jay looked at one another, dissatisfied with how things had turned out just now.

"We can figure things out later." Heeseung dismissed the whole thing as Jay agreed.

"Yeah, it's a three day weekend. Things can change over time."

"Well, it seems that our three friends have other plans for the weekend and don't mind messing with us either." Jake remarked, slightly annoyed as Sunghoon nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, and it seems that they don't mind either or are just teasing us to see what we would do."

By 'they', Sunghoon was hinting at the cousins to which the other three caught on, wondering how this trip would be for the next two and a half days. Especially when the other three were having fun teasing them, too, and may not make it any easier to get closer to the four. Anyway, when things were situated and everyone decided on their sleeping arrangements and what not, they decide to have a late lunch.

"Hayoun and I will prepare the dishes for lunch." Jay stated once the group of thirteen gathered around the main house to talk.

"Since when?" Kierra countered, eyes on Jay.

"Since now."

He flashed her a smile as she made a face.

"Okay, cool. You two can prepare lunch." Linna said with a chuckle as she pointed at herself and Melanie.

"Youngseo and I can go shopping for more groceries as we'll make dinner tonight."

"Oh, yeah, definitely. Jiyeon and I can pick up other stuff if you need anything."

"Oh, I can go shopping, too." Jake volunteered with a bright smile with Sunghoon doing the same.

"Yeah, me, too. There's gonna be a lot of stuff to carry."

Before Linna and Melanie could ask the pair on why they wanna tag along, Sujin

Please log in to read the full chapter