summer vibes

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

On the first day of summer holiday vacation and the start of the summer session, the cousins found themselves performing songs for the summer segment conducted by the Student Council called the Summer Vibes Stage. Sujin and Woojoo volunteered their four friends once again for said event without hesitation. At first Serena and Kierra weren't keen on the idea only because they rather spend the day packing or relaxing for their trip back home and not performing, but Linna and Melanie persusaded the two for one last school activity before the summer holiday. So here they were as they definitely wanted to go out with a bang for the spring semester.

"Hi! One, two..." Melanie led the greeting as they finished as a group.

"We're Summer Citrus!" The quartet introduced their new group name after performing two stages.

"Please watch over us kindly."

Woojoo and Sujin insisted on naming the group and giving them their stage names to keep up the refreshing-like theme and found it cute and fitting for the quartet when dressed for the ocassion, too. The pair had fun most fun with this. The quartet were dressed in dark blue denim shorts, off white and beige t-shirts with their corresponding bright citrus fruit on it, and beige and cream colored sneakers. The quartet decided to skip out on the face masks since it was the last event and they would be leaving back home anyway. Serena went first followed by Melanie, Kierra, and finally Lime.

"I'm Orange!"

"I'm Grapefruit!"

"I'm Lemon!"

"I'm Lime."

"And we're Summer Citrus!"

They introduced themselves once more as Serena spoke again.

"We have lots of stages prepared for y'all this morning, but we're hoping it'll brightened your day for those of you starting classes today and for the rest who are about to start on your summer vacation!"

She looked at the others before facing the crowd again.

"So, we had some highly requested songs that many of you submitted when asked and so, please enjoy the next few stages!"

Luckily, the song requests were simple enough as they've done them in the past and could easily be rearranged if needed.

"Are y'all having fun so far?" Linna asked the crowd, amused, after their performances.

The crowd cheered as it became bigger than before, drawing in more of the students and even some faculty members.

"We hoped everyone passed their finals and y'all worked so hard!" Kierra cheered, raising her arms in the air.

The crowd cheered once more as Melanie spoke this time.

"Anyway, this will be our last song for y'all today!"

The crowd expressed their sadness of their act.

"But don't worry, the Summer Vibes Stage has many other acts for y'all so do enjoy!"

More cheers came through as Linna tried to calm down the audience.

"We know, we know, but it is what it is!"

"But yeah," Serena interjected.

"Our last stage is a remix version of Sweet Dream! Sing and dance along with us if you know it!"

And just like the previous songs, the four danced and sang to a rearrange version that fitted them. The quartet were having too much fun performing that they didn't noticed Sujin and Woojoo both holding onto two small baskets on standby. So, when the song ended, the quartet were confused when they were made to stay on the stage when Woojoo and Sujin brought Sunghoon, Heeseung, Jake, and Jay onto the makeshift stage.

"Hi! We actually have a special segment for our Summer Vibes Stage at the moment!" Woojoo announced as she and Sujin stood in-between the two parties.

"Before we continued with our other acts, please welcome Sunghoon, Heeseung, Jake, and Jay onto the stage with Lime, Lemon, Grapefruit, and Orange!"

The cousins stared at one another, wondering why the other four were present. They assumed they would be off doing their summer vacation play somewhere else or maybe even a summer dance practice of sorts or whatever. The four males waved at the crowd and at the quartet with bright smiles. Woojoo continued speaking.

"Anyway, we need y'all to help us keep track of which team catches the most balls in two minutes!"

Two more council members came up on stage and set down two large baskets filled with small colorful plastic balls. The cousins looked at one another, puzzled when they had agreed to doing something like that. However, the other four knew they would be here as Ni-Ki, Jungwon, and Sunoo volunteered the four to participate once Sujin and Woojoo were asking for people to come onto the stage a while ago. Still, the cousins didn't even know the others were in the crowd in the first place.

"Alright, so all four teams need to choose who will be the catcher and the thrower." Sujin announced, while looking between both parties.

"Oh, but first we need to decide on the pairing!" Sujin recalled with a laugh while looking back and forth between the eight.

"How should we do this?"

Before the pair could suggest how they should go about it, Jake, Heeseung, Sunghoon, and Jay ran over to stand behind a certain person with a bright look.

"I choose Grapefruit!"

"I choose Orange."

"I choose Lime."

"I choose Lemon!"

Melanie, Serena, Linna, and Kierra refrain from rolling their eyes at the whole thing in general, but smiled and kept their cool as they just went with the flow of it all.

"Ooh, yeah!" The crowd cheered, especially from a particular section filled with their friends

"Okay! Now, let's the games began!"

Sujin and Woojoo passed out the baskets as the cousins were the catchers, leaving the other quartet to be throwers. However, the males were given eye masks to prevent the four from being able to see where they should be aiming for, leaving the cousins to catch as best as they can. Each team were intense as the males were intent on winning while the cousins were just trying their best to play for fun and not bump into one another. Time passed by quickly and the roles were reverse yet the same antics were the same with both parties trying their best. Soon, the winners were announced.

"Give it up for, Team Orange!"

The crowd cheered and applauded whereas the other three males were disappointed at not winning while their partners just laughed, more out of witnessing Serena having a moment with Heeseung than anything else. However, Serena cheered and clapped out of sportsmanship until she felt arms wrapped around her waist as Heeseung lifted her up in the air to celebrate. Her arms wrapped themselves around Heeseung's shoulders at the unexpected action as the audience cheered louder upon seeing the two like this as if they were a couple.

"Whoo!" The other six cheered.

"Get it!"

"Let's go!"

"Wow!"

"The best!"

"Amazing!"

Flustered, Serena repeatedly tapped Heeseung to put her down, but he happily continued to celebrate on their win and ignored her frantic taps. At first, Melanie, Kierra, and Linna were shocked to see this type of thing happened to Serena, but soon relish in the moment that she was finally getting her own taste of her own medicine whereas Jake, Jay, and Sunghoon cheered on their friend immediately.

"Yah, Lee Heeseung, put me down!" Serena urgently said as she continued to tap his shoulder harder to which Heeseung relented and brought her down to her feet.

"Okay, okay."

Heeseung just got caught up in the moment and winning that he just rolled with it, not sure what came over him to do that to Serena despite knowing her for a few years now. Still, Heeseung didn't regret it although he wasn't sure he could say the same for Serena though once he put her down, but his arm remained around her waist and Serena's arms shifted to being wrapped around his upper body instead. As much as Serena never like skinship in general, she had never really mind as long as she was comfortable with it and with the other person. Still, Serena never had much of a problem when the boys back home and her friends messed with her and even clung to her though. Yet, this sudden closeness with Heeseung made her aware about it all and she didn't know how to take it whether platonic or not.

"Congrats and thanks." Serena told Heeseung before running off after that.

When the other three noticed Serena running off, they followed after her, telling their partner 'thanks' and running away after as to not dwell on the interactions they had just done with said partner. They didn't want to participate in any more unexpected activities. The males just watched, amused as Woojoo and Sujin moved on.

"Please give a round of applause for these four in participating in our special segment!"

"The winners get our adorable limited edition school mascot, BiHye the Dragon!"

The pair presented Heeseung with one of the two of the pastel green two feet tall dragon plush dolls before taking the other and telling the pair that he will give the other to 'Orange' personally. The other three seemed jealous of their friend's prize while Heeseung wonderd if Serena would meet him to claim her prize later. Once the quartet made it back at the Student Council room to gather their things, Serena's sister and cousins about her skinship with Heeseung and that karma was serving it nicely back at her. Serena dismissed their teasings nonchalantly despite the fluttering feelings within her wanting to explode. Still, Heeseung didn't message her so Serena didn't know about the said prize as he wanted to surprise her in person instead.

Two days later, the four were at Woojoo's parents' residence in Suwon alongside Sujin as they were decorating the house for a surprise party for Sunoo's birthday. A majority of their friends had either returned home or were abroad on a summer trip for the summer holiday. For some odd reason, it would just be the thirteen of them as the Kim siblings' parents weren't home, having visited family unexpectedly in another province, but had celebrated the day prior. Currently each pair were either in the main living room, the kitchen, the other living room or in another part of the house to decorate the area. Unknown to the six, Sunoo and company had come over earlier than expected.

"Ahh!" Ni-Ki screamed in-between Kierra and Serena to spook the pair.

His yell along with pressing his palms against their mid-backs at the same time caused the two to flinch at the sudden noise while jerking away from being touched in the process. They each slapped the laughing male upon discovering the person that was trying to mess with them as Ni-Ki deflected their attacks.

"You're such a brat." Kierra commented as she smack the younger male again with Serena joining in.

"For reals. Why do you always have to mess with us?"

"Because it's fun." Ni-Ki responded with a laugh as he avoided the oncoming attacks.

"Better watch you back kid." Serena said with a playful look as he chuckled, dismissing her little threat.

"Yeah, right."

"Weren't you guys supposed to be here later tonight though?" Kierra asked, still annoyed as she pushed the younger male away from her.

"Oh, we came earlier."

Ni-Ki barely budged from the push as he pointed behind him while the female duo turned their attention to the other six, curious. They awkwardly greeted the males, not expecting Sunoo and the others to be here already when they were still setting up.

"WOOJOO!" Kierra loudly called out for her friend.

"Your brother's home, ruining the surprise!"

"Wait! What?! Really?!"

Woojoo's voice came from some other part of the house while Melanie and Linna joined the two a few seconds later, awkwardly greeting the males as well. The other two joined them a moment later.

"What are you doing here already?"

Woojoo looked at her brother as Sunoo scoffed.

"You told me to buy you all that stuff and I brought it home."

"Yeah, but I mean later tonight. Not right now."

"You didn't specify that in the chat."

"Yeah, I said later."

"Your later always means as soon as possible."

"Oh. That's right."

The group of friends just stared at one another, wondering what they should do now. Luckily, Sujin got their attention.

"Anyway, let's have some lunch with what the boys bought, yeah?"

"Thank you for the meal."

The group of thirteen comfortably sat around the mini tables, eating the meal mainly prepared by Jay and the cousins. The others had cleaned and set up the dining area to accommodate their large party. For some reason or another, the quartet found themselves sitting beside a particular person once they settled down.

"So," Woojoo began, "What do you guys wanna do after this?"

She looked at the others in hopes of a few of them suggesting something to do since the whole party event itself wasn't until later tonight.

"Because I'm not doing all the party stuff until later."

"Why not?" Sunoo argued as Woojoo eyed him.

"Because I said so."

"That makes no sense."

"Yeah it does."

Jungwon and Sujin intervened from the Kim siblings arguing further.

"Anyway, what do y'all wanna do?"

"The party stuff is a lot better at night, that's why."

Heeseung, Jay, Jake, Sunghoon, and Ni-Ki suggested ideas with Linna and Melanie doing the same. Kierra and Serena remained quiet, leaving it up to the others.

"We can go bowling at Yongdong Bowling?"

"We can visit the National Map Museum or the Samsung Innovation one?"

"We can check out the Gwanggyo Lake Park?"

"How about the Korean Folk Village?"

"They have a Chamber Escape Room we can all do?"

"Or go see the Hwaseong Fortress?"

"Or the Wolhwamon Garden, too."

Please log in to read the full chapter