black day

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Oh, wow, thanks, Yonghee. You explained it way better than my professor." Melanie commented with a bright smile, now easily finishing up her work.

However, she almost let slipped that Yonghee could actually be better than Jake, but didn't want to cause any issues on that end and thankfully saved herself in time. Jake had practice earlier than expected today and was unable to tutor Melanie today, leaving her in having to ask Linna if she could join hers and Yonghee's session at the last minute.

"You're welcome, Youngseo."

Yonghee smiled as he overlooked her work.

"So far so good."

"Thanks."

"Welcome."

He looked over at Linna.

"How about you, Jiyeon? How are you doing?"

"Um, let's just say it's gonna take a little longer for me to understand this formula."

Linna laughed as Yonghee smiled warmly.

"Math isn't easy for everyone, but there's people like me here to help people like you two to understand it better."

"Yes, much appreciated." The pair beamed as they continued to work on their math problems with Yonghee's help.

Soon the pair finished with some time to spare and talked about their sisters with Yonghee and how they were like in high school before bidding one another goodbye.

"So, I heard you got a new tutor." Jake stated as he joined Melanie at one of the empty tables in the library.

"I did just for this past Tuesday." She answered in a nonchalant tone while pulling out her study materials.

"Why?"

Melanie's brows furrowed at his simple question.

"Because I needed help with math that day and you weren't available because of your dancing activity."

"So you had to find someone new?"

"Well, yes for the time being, of course. Math is difficult for me and I couldn't wait for you to explain it to me as the assignment was due today."

Melanie wasn't sure why Jake seemed upset about this as she could slightly hear it in his tone of voice.

"I mean, Jake, if you're not up for it, then I could go back to him and leave you alone to focus on other things."

"No, no." Jake quickly responded.

"It's okay. I'm just saying that's all. You don't need to go back to him."

Jake didn't bother to ask who the other tutor was, but for some reason it irked him that Melanie had a backup tutor if he wasn't available to help her.

"Okay, well, anyway, this formula doesn't seem to work when I check my work. Can you tell me where or what I'm doing wrong?"

Melanie placed her worksheets before Jake, just wanting help with her studies and not focusing on what tutor gets to help her on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

"Happy Black Day to us!" The cousins cheered as they clinked their cups of cola with one another.

The four were at home after ordering jjajangmyeon, danmuji, tangsuyuk, and kimchi for this single holiday. Despite making chocolates on Valentine's Day and giving them away as well as receiving gifts on White Day, the four were still single and in no rush for a relationship. Or well that's what they tell themselves anyway. They could've celebrated with their other single friends, but they actually wanted to do a whole hangout and the four didn't feel like socializing with lots of people in an even larger setting than necessary at the moment.

"I mean, Linna would've been the closes to being in a relationship if she confessed." Kierra remarked as Linna rolled her eyes.

"Not even. I haven't even wrote him another letter since the day Serena got caught."

"Which reminds me, Sunghoon is curious on when you'll write him another letter." Serena mentioned as the three stared at her.

"Really? Why?"

"No clue."

Their attention focused on Linna now.

"Are you gonna write him another one?"

Linna shrugged.

"Didn't feel like writing one, so I dunno, like I have these feelings for him, but writing a letter doesn't seem all that appealing now."

"Hmm, maybe a face to face confession would be better than." Serena commented as Linna shook her head.

"Yeah, no way."

The other three burst into laughter as Linna rolled her eyes.

"Y'all are so annoying."

"Anyway, let's see which of our friends are in a relationship." Serena suggested as she pulled out a notebook and pen.

"I feel like we need to keep track."

"I'm pretty sure you wanna keep track for inspiration." Kierra remarked as Serena nodded with a laugh.

"Pretty much."

"Do you mean the friends we all know together, or our individual friend group, too?" Melanie questioned.

"The four of us actually know. Anyway, Yunjin and Nicholas are finally a couple." Serena announced to the other three.

"No way?"

"Really?"

"Finally. Now it makes sense why he's been less touchy and clingy lately." Kierra remarked as Serena nodded.

"Yeah, so let's hope all goes well though. Anyway, we now have Nagyung and EJ."

"Oh, nice."

"Yay, finally."

"Good to know."

"Anyway..."

Serena glanced at the other three with a mischievous smile.

"Definitely cannot forget Linna and Sunghoon. Melanie and Jake. And of course, Kierra and Jay."

Serena laughed as her sister and cousins rolled their eyes with Linna picking up a pillow nearby to smack Serena with as the latter defended herself.

"Okay, okay. I'm joking. Sorry."

She was not the least sorry at all as she continued to laugh with the three joining her a second later.

"Anyway, you can add yourself and Heeseung onto that list, too." Melanie mentioned as Serena scowled.

"Why?"

"Because Jungwon thinks you like him or something."

"What? No way. Do you?" Linna asked, eager as Serena shook her head.

"No. I have no feelings for anyone. But why does Jungwon think I like Heeseung though?"

Melanie shrugged.

"Dunno. It's the same with Kierra and Jay."

"Which whom I don't like anyway." Kierra clarified as Serena eyed her.

"Sure you don't."

"I don't. By the way, Serena, when are you gonna returned Heeseung's his suit jacket?" Kierra inquired a moment later.

"When I can."

"Yeah, but when is the question. I'm sure he needs it."

"When I can, Kierra. Sheesh. Actually, I thought think he does as he hasn't asked about it either."

Serena wanted to be left at that, but her sister and cousin wanted to ask her other stuff.

"Who did you go on group dates with back in high school?"

"And in your first year of college?"

"Who told you that?"

Serena eyed them as the younger two beamed.

"Yonghee."

"That guy."

Kierra stifled a laugh, but Serena eyed her with a smirk.

"Hey, don't forget that you went on those group dates with me, too."

That got Kierra to scowled as Linna chuckled.

"Yonghee mentioned that part, too."

Kierra huffed.

"I blame you."

 She pointed at Serena as Serena shrugged.

"Not my problem that we hung out a lot together."

"True."

Soon, the younger two questioned Kierra, too.

"Oh, who did you date?"

"And did you have a short-term boyfriend, too, like Serena?"

Kierra glared at Serena as the latter giggled.

"Kierra had three super short-term boyfriends throughout high school."

"What? They weren't boyfriends as I barely went out with them for less than a week."

This intrigued Linna and Melanie.

"Names?"

"Do we know them?"

"Are you still friends with them?"

"Is that why you and Jay have a situationship?"

"What? No. Jay and I aren't like that and y'all need to stop bothering me about him like the others do." Kierra huffed, annoyed as the other three chuckled.

"Okay, okay."

"Besides, they all went to different high schools than me, so I don't really remember their names, just their faces."

"Boo."

"No fun."

The younger paired focused back onto Serena.

"How about you?"

"I attended the group dates, but they weren't my idea and I don't remember much about them either. However, that's how Kierra met her three-day boyfriends."

Just as Melanie and Linna were gonna question Kierra some more, the cousins' phones pinged, indicating they each received a text message. The same messaged that Seohoo texted them, telling them that he had a proposition for them later tonight where the quartet each received a cute teddy bear plushie keychan from him. It seemed that he needed to fake having a girlfriend and asked the cousins for a favor so his mother would get off his back. They only agreed for the plushie and being treated out for drinks and snacks for two weeks worth.

"Thanks for meeting me again, Hayoun."

"Yeah, Jay, welcome."

Kierra shot him a tired smile as the pair met up again on Monday early in the morning before classes started. Of course she wasn't thrilled to be here earlier than she wanted to, but it was her fault to have agreed to meet up with Jay in her drowsy state. Jay flashed her with a smile before noticing a mini bear plush attached to her backpack.

"Where did you get that?"

"Get what?"

"The bear on your backpack."

Jay pointed to the mini green-eyed white bear plush keychain hanging from her backpack that wasn't there the last time he's seen her. Kierra eyed the stuffed toy she had clipped on to her backpack last night and petted the toy.

"Ah, this. It was a Black Day gift."

"A Black Day gift?"

He took a seat across from her with a skeptical look.

"Why would anyone receive a cute gift like that for Black Day?"

Kierra shrugged.

"Probably for doing a good deed of sorts."

Jay opened his mouth to speak, but Seohoo suddenly appeared and set a bubble tea drink in front of Kierra.

"Here you go, princess. For my favorite girl."

Seohoo beamed, happily with a bright smile. Kierra made a face at his words, knowing that he was just joking, but nevertheless smiled upon seeing the drink.

"Stop, but thanks, Seohoo."

She happily took a sip as Jay just watched the two's exchange.

"Welcome and ooh, glad you're actually using the keychain I got you."

"Of course, he's too cute not to use although I had to replace Pompompurin because of it."

"Ooh, I knew I was special to you."

"Yeah, right."

"Anyway, see you later."

"Later."

The two bid one another goodbye as Kierra's eyes focused onto Jay while he flipped through his notebook. She could feel that something was slightly off about him, but didn't question it.

"Anyway, what was it that you wanted me to check out for you?"

No response. She tried again.

"Is it the same as last time?"

Once again no response.

"Jay?"

"Hmm?"

Jay's eyes met hers and Kierra repeated her first question.

"Oh, um, yeah..."

Jay glanced down at his notebook again before flipping the pages to where he needed it to be despite wondering why the guy looked familiar.

Linna waited outside her classroom, waiting for Seohoo so the two of them could walk to their next class of the day as they were right next door to one another. Linna was minding her business when she heard a male voice comment something on her backpack.

"That's a cute bear."

"Hmm?"

Linna lifted her head as her eyes met Sunghoon's. He gave her a warm smile while pointing at her backpack.

"That's cute."

"Oh, thank you."

Linna's hand unconsciously went to cup the green-eyed yellow plush toy she had attached to her backpack early this morning.

"Yeah, it is."

"Is it new? I don't think I've seen it before."

"Um, yeah. I just got it Friday from a friend."

Linna wasn't sure why she's been interacting with Sunghoon more often than before as of late. Like, it was cool that she was getting closer with her crush, but she couldn't help to feel that it was just too good to be true though. Now that she thought about it, she's never seen Sunghoon passed by here and wondered what made him come this way today.

"So..."

Sunghoon was cut off as Seohoo appeared and greeted Linna.

"Hey, Jiyeon, sorry about the lateness. The professor had to talk to me for a bit and we both got sidetracked."

"It's fine, Seohoo."

Sunghoon's eyes went from one to the other as the two interacted. Linna's gazed went towards Sunghoon.

"I'll see you later, Sunghoon. Bye."

"Bye."

Sunghoon watched as Linna walked off with Seohoo, wondering if Seohoo was the friend that gave Linna the bear keychain and why did he look so familar.

"Y'know you didn't have to walk me to class right?"

Melanie eyed Seohoo as he laughed.

"Hey, we were headed in the same direction anyway."

"I guess although I never see you going this way b

Please log in to read the full chapter