thinking

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Linna and Sunghoon stood in front of the N Seoul Tower as the pair scanned the building for a date once classes were done for the day.

"Wow."

Came Linna's response as Sunghoon eyed her and then the building again.

"I could've taken you somewhere else for your birthday, Jiyeon."

He looked about the crowd.

"It's going to get crowded when evening hits."

"I know. However, coming on a Monday isn't so bad, but that's why we got here after school was done." Linna reasoned with a laugh.

She looked at him before focusing on N Seoul Tower again.

"It's a lot bigger and taller than I expected." Linna commented, more to herself than to Sunghoon.

Sunghoon glanced at her, puzzled.

"Is this the first time you've been here?"

"Mmhmm."

She nodded with a smile, eyes shifting over to Sunghoon.

"I've always wanted to come, but never found the time to."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah."

"I thought you'd come before with the other three, your friends or even a past boyfriend."

Linna shook her head, nonchalantly.

"Nope, but I'm glad to know that my first visit is with my boyfriend though, especially on my birthday."

A silly expression appeared on Sunghoon's face before tugging Linna along to enter the tower.

"So, what do you wanna do first?"

"Well, I was thinking we need to pass time until our reservation for dinner at HANCOOK, and then we'll watch the sunset from the Glass Terrace afterwards."

"Okay."

Sughoon nodded before Linna continued.

"So, this depends if you want to do it, too, though."

"Which is?"

"Well, I always wanted to check out the Locks of Love." She replied, turning shy.

Sunghoon chuckled.

"I don't mind, Jiyeon. Let's go."

The couple headed to the Roof Terrance where the bridge of locks was located and purchased their locks from a vending machine with Sunghoon choosing a white lock and Linna choosing a blue lock. The pair sat down on one of the benches to write a message on their lock with the free markers that came with the packages.

"So, what are you going to write?" Sunghoon asked as Linna shrugged.

"Um, I dunno yet. I'm still thinking. What abo-"

Her eyes left her lock to glance over at Sunghoon where he was already writing his message on the white lock.

"You already had something in mind?"

"Mmhmm."

"What did you write?"

He shot her a playful smile.

"You'll find out in a year from now."

He returned back to writing as she .

"But what if we don't last for a year?"

He glared at her.

"Don't say that, Jung Jiyeon."

"Okay, Sunghoon, okay."

She chuckled before apologizing.

"I'm sorry."

Sunghoon still eyed her, but eventually went back to finishing his words. However, Linna blankly stared at her own, wondering what she should write as many possible ideas came to mind. Sure she's been in love with the man beside her for the last few years and even wrote letters to him, but why was it now that she seemed stumped in writing something on a small lock. Linna sighed as she debated if she should write something simple, something much longer, or just their initials and a heart. Whether in English or in Korean or maybe both. The possibilities were endless until Linna smiled when the words popped up and she wrote it down immediately before she could forget.

"Always with you, my ice prince. Love you forever, your orchid." Sunghoon read aloud as Linna's eyes widened at her message being read aloud.

"Hey!"

She nudged him away as Sunghoon giggled.

"What? I'm allowed to look."

"Not uh. You wouldn't even let me read what you wrote."

"Because I didn't finish it." He countered as she rolled her eyes.

"You told me that I'll have to find out in a year, if I recall."

Sunghoon laughed before sharing what he wrote and Linna read it out loud.

"Thank you for loving me. I love you, my orchid. Forever yours, Ice Prince."

A warm-fuzzy feeling settled within Linna as she gazed at Sunghoon.

"I did not take you for a romantic, Park Sunghoon."

He chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah, but anyway," He eyed her, "I thought you said we would't last for a year."

"We might not."

"Then why would you put 'always' and 'forever' then, hmm?"

Linna chuckled.

"Because it's more romantic and sweet that way."

"So, who's the romantic one, huh?"

She nudged him.

"It's still you."

He laughed before looking over at the other locks.

"Anyway, let's find a spot to locked them together."

"Okay, where do you want to put them?"

The couple browsed the area until they found a spot they both liked as Linna and Sunghoon locked their locks together and with another lock.

"Okay. So, if we br-"

"We're not breaking up, Jung Jiyeon."

Sunghoon interrupted Linna with a hard stare.

"We've went through that earlier this year and I would rather not experience it again."

She giggled before pacifying the male with a kiss to the cheek.

"I'm just joking. Please don't be too upset."

His face softened a few seconds later.

"Only because it's your birthday."

"Thanks."

She placed another kiss to his cheek before taking his hand.

"C'mon. Let's explore a little more. We still have an hour or so until HANCOOK."

The pair headed to Tower T2 where they had something to drink at Sky Coffee, took photos at the Photo Studio, used the Sky Restroom before heading over to the Wishing Pond. Linna tossed a coin as she made a wish.

"What did you wish for?" Sunghoon asked once Linna was done.

She shot him a secretive look.

"Not telling you."

She handed him a coin.

"Now, it's your turn."

"I don't need to make any wishes."

"Everybody has a wish."

He smiled.

"But I already got what I wished for."

"And what is that?"

"You."

Sunghoon chuckled at Linna's reaction as she became slightly flustered by his words and turned away from him, feeling all warm and fuzzy. Linna tossed the coin into the pond instead and then felt Sunghoon's arms wrapped around her waist from behind as he rested his head onto her shoulder.

"What did you wish for this time?"

"Again, I'm not telling you." She answered with a soft laugh, placing her hands on his arm.

He gave her a slight squeeze.

"C'mon, what else could you wish for? You got me."

Linna shook her head with a quiet laugh.

"Ever so charming, huh?"

"Of course."

She turned to face him while still in his arms, looking up at him.

"Wishing is just part of the fun of things, Sunghoon, like on birthdays and what not. Just simple things."

"I don't think wishing for me is a simple thing." He stated as she chuckled.

"You're right, Sunghoon. Someone like you took a few years, but you're a wish come true, too."

He smiled upon hearing her words and leaned down to give her a kiss. Sunghoon pulled a way a few seconds later.

"By the way, have I told you 'happy birthday' yet?"

Linna rolled her eyes.

"For like the tenth time today."

He chuckled.

"Well, happy birthday, again, Jiyeon."

"Thank you, again, Sunghoon."

She motioned her head to the left.

"Anyway, our reservation should be ready now."

Sunghoon released his hold on Linna as he took her hand instead as the two made their way to Tower T1 for dinner at HANCOOK.

"Shouldn't y'all be at dance practice by now?"

"Yeah. Isn't the Winter Dance Showcase this Saturday?"

Both Kierra and Serena asked Sunoo, Jungwon, and Ni-Ki as the five alongside Melanie and Linna were in the Lift Library's study room since this morning.

The group of seven were studying for their finals happening in two weeks as classes were cancelled to make time for studying.

"We have a half day." Sunoo answered as Jungwon clarified.

"Because we also have to study for finals, our dance instructor allowed us to study earlier in the day and practice later in the afternoon."

"So, why study with us?" Melanie asked as Linna nodded.

"Yeah, how did you even know we were here?"

"We saw Minseo came here earlier."

The younger two looked at Serena with Melanie speaking.

"You really had to get snacks, didn't you?"

"Obviously, but didn't think they would be here studying, too." Serena defended.

"Besides, Central is closer to the dance department though."

"Less people here than there." Sunoo stated.

"Anyway, I'm done studying for the day." Kierra announced, shutting her books while looking at the time on her phone.

"And I'm ready for some late lunch."

"Ooh, let's go."

The male trio also began packing their belongings as Kierra frowned.

"I don't want to have lunch with y'all."

"Then do you want to have lunch with your boyfriend instead?" Jungwon countered, grinning.

Kierra rolled her eyes.

"Not really."

"That's kinda mean, Hayoun."

Kierra made a face as she leaned her head backwards to see Jay and the other three had entered their study room.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Jay."

Kierra chuckled, facing upright again, but cast her sister and cousins a knowing look as she stayed quiet after that.

"What are y'all doing here anyway?" Linna inquired as Melanie chimed in.

"And how did you know we were in this room?"

"To study, of course." Sunghoon answered, holding his book bag.

"And Ni-Ki messaged us earlier." Jake explained.

"This room is too small for all of us." Serena remarked, looking around the space.

"We all can't study in here."

"How about you and I get our own room instead?" Heeseung suggested with a smirk, directing it at Serena as she made a face.

"No thanks."

The others chuckled as Serena received a call.

"Hey, Hyunkyung, and oh yeah, I have it. You're gonna do it now? Really? Ah, okay. Ooh, yeah, I'll be there in a bit. Euphoria Hall, right? Okay. See you soon."

She flashed everyone an apologetic look.

"Sorry, but y'all can deal with whatever y'all are gonna do. Later."

Serena gathered her things, got up, and left the room, but not before patting Heeseung comfortably on the arm when she passed by him.

"So, are we gonna get something to eat or keep on studying?" Ni-Ki asked, looking around at the others.

"None for me. I'll be heading out first." Heeseung said with a small smile, bidding his friends goodbye and leaving the study room.

The rest looked at one another as Kierra already packed her belongings and stood.

"Well, I'm go-" Kierra began as Jay finished her sentence instead.

"Going on a date with me."

Jay quickly took her hand and led the two of them out of the study room with Kierra allowing it, begrudgingly.

"Any other couples want to leave together?" Jungwon asked playfully.

Before Jake and Sunghoon could say something, both Melanie and Linna responded first with knowing looks.

"No."

Linna looked at the younger three.

"By the way, didn't y'all wanted to check out that restaurant that opened a month ago?"

"This is so much better in person, Minseo. Thanks!" Hyunkyung thanked Serena as she handed him the gifts.

Serena smiled with a nod, proud of the 3D rabbit and flower transparent phone case and the small resin acrylic rabbit keychain she had made. Hyunkyung had asked Serena to help design a birthday gift for Riae, but was giving it to her earlier than expected. Serena assumed he would present Riae with the present during their date, but both would be unavailable to do so and settled for an afternoon date instead. 

"Of course. I designed it, but it took so long too make. You're lucky I completed in time. Still, why'd you asked me when you could've had it done by someone else."

"Because I could pay you half with snacks and drinks and the half with money."

"Oh, true."

The friends laughed.

"Anyway, please do let me know what she thinks though."

"Of course, Minseo. I'll let Riae know that you were the one that made them."

"You better, Hyunkyung."

The friends shared a laugh before bidding one another goodbye. Misneo wished Hyunkyung luck and hoped that Riae liked the two gifts. Serena exited Euphoria Hall, paused upon where she should go next, then chose to leave the campus, and go home instead. Just then she received a call and saw that it was Heeseung.

"Hi." She greeted the male with a smile.

"What's up?"

"Are you done visiting your friend?" Heeseung asked, almost hesitantly.

"Mmhmm."

"What are you doing after that?"

"I'm going home."

"How about joining me for a late lunch?"

Serena looked over her shoulder towards the direction of the cafeteria before facing forward again.

"I'm already heading in the other direction."

"So, you're leaving school's grounds?"

"Yes."

"Cool, I'll wait for you."

Serena stopped walking.

"What do you mean you're waiting for me?"

Heeseung chuckled.

"Just like I said, I'll be waiting for you at the school's gates."

"Why would you be waiting for me, Lee Heeseung?"

He giggled before answering.

"Because I knew you would go home after seeing your friend, Park Minseo."

Serena made a face, disliking how Heeseung could read her nowadays than before as she resumed walking towards the school's gates.

"Okay, then I'm turning back towards the cafeteria." Serena teased as she could hear the pout in Heeseung's voice.

"What? Why?"

"So that you won't use me as an excuse to skip dance practice."

Heeseung laughed.

"Is that what you think?"

"Not really, but you do have a showcase to perform in this Saturday and should be focusing on that."

"I am, but I can't spend time with my Minseo before then?"

There it was again. The possessive endearment, but this with her name. Serena coolly responded, but ignore her name part.

"Not really, Heeseung. This girl needs to study, get some food in her, and then sleep afterwards. It's been a long day today and it's barely late afternoon."

She laughed as she could hear the male sigh on the other line.

"You're still playing hard-to-get, huh?"

"I don't know what you mean."

She chuckled as she past the school's gates, having forgotten that Heeseung was waiting for her.

Please log in to read the full chapter