christmas

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Yay! Exams are over! School's over! Winter vacation, let's go!" Serena cheered, exiting her final class of the fall term.

"Alright, time to treat myself to something delicious before having to pack."

She happily skipped towards the school's gates, but stopped upon remembering something.

"Oh, wait. Heeseung wanted to go on a date."

She continued walking while talking to herself.

"But that's not until later today, right?"

Serena paused, checked her phone to see the messages between herself and Heeseung, and continued talking to herself.

"Hmm, yeah, he just said a date, but not when so that means I'm free for now."

She put her phone away with a smile.

"I can go on a solo date instead until he says something."

Serena took a step forward, but felt herself being pulled back a second later. She frowned, glancing over her shoulder to see Heeseung holding onto her backpack. Her facial expression changed to a blank look.

"Were you waiting for me?"

"No. I just happened to see you skip all happily and wanted to know what got you so excited that wasn't me."

"That's very specific, Lee Heeseung."

Heeseung chuckled, removing his hand from her backpack as he held one of her hands instead.

"I'm just stating what I saw, Park Minseo."

Serena smiled, swinging their interlocked hands as they walked towards the school's gates together.

"I just wanted my bubble tea fix. That's all."

"I wish I could make you as excited as what bubble tea does for you."

Serena could hear the whiny pout within Heeseung's tone as she chuckled, saying the words before processing them.

"I do get excited when I think about you, Heeseung. You also bring me a lot of happiness that bubble tea can't either."

"Do I?"

"Mmhmm."

She didn't catch the mischievous look on his face.

"Then does that include me being your boyfriend officially if I ask?"

"Yeah." She responded, still not processing the whole situation.

"Then, be my girlfriend, Park Minseo."

The pair stopped walking as Serena faced Heeseung, surprised.

"Excuse me?"

"I know you heard me."

"I did. I'm just trying to process it." She admitted with a slight pout as Heeseung chuckled at her reaction.

He repeated himself, gazing at her intently.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Park Minseo?"

Serena couldn't keep denying the feeling she had for Heeseung as a soft look graced her face and a small smile lined her lips.

"Ye-"

However, Heeseung went in for a kiss, not letting Serena even finished her answer. She softly punched his chest while breaking the kiss.

"Yah, Lee Heeseung! You didn't even let me finish."

She glared at him while he chuckled.

"I'm sorry, my girlfriend."

Serena shot him with a playful look.

"Hmm, no way. I couldn't answer you properly, so I'm not your girlfri-"

She immediately stopped talking when Heeseung's face hovered closer to hers with an even more playful expression.

"I can do this all day if you like, Minseo. No, wait, my girlfriend. Actually, I like the sound of saying 'my girlfriend' instead."

"Of course you would, but no. I'm not gonna do that. I still have to pack and all that before returning home in a few days."

Heeseung recalled that his girlfriend would be leaving to return back to the States soon.

"Can't you stay here again?" He asked in a soft tone.

Serena cast him with a soft look.

"No. The trip is already paid for, but I'll be back in like two months."

"Two months?"

He frowned.

"Last time was less than that."

"Yeah, that's the summer, but this time it's winter. It's different."

Heeseung pouted.

"We just became official and you're already leaving me so soon."

Serena rolled her eyes.

"You'll live, but c'mon, let's get some bubble tea, my now boyfriend."

Serena quickly tugged him along, feeling slightly flustered about the whole thing and couldn't believe she had called him her boyfriend, and not even realizing on how she had used the possessive endearment just now either. Meanwhile, Heeseung smiled, happy to established the relationship between them officially despite knowing that he wouldn't be able to hang out with her when Christmas came.

"Ready to relax all winter." Linna mumbled to herself, exiting her final class of the fall semester while stretching.

"Hmm, what should I do?"

Just as she said that, she spotted Sunghoon not that far from away. She eyed the male as he shot her a smile while making his way on over to her.

"Done with all your exams?" Sunghoon asked as he neared.

"Yes. You, too?"

"Mmhmm."

He offered his hand and Linna stared at it before placing her hand in his.

"And did you come to fetch me to go on a date or something?" Linna asked, her lips quirk upward out of amusement.

"Why? Can't I just hang out with my girlfriend when I feel like it?"

Sunghoon eyed her as the two began heading towards the school's gates. Linna chuckled, shaking her head.

"Nothing's wrong with that."

"Good."

Sunghoon grinned while taking the lead.

"Let's get something to eat."

"What if I said 'no' because I still have to pack and do other stuff before I leave?"

"I wanna say I understand and let you go do that, but then I want to be selfish and spend as much time with you as possible before you go back home for the winter holidays, Jiyeon."

"You're cute, Sunghoon."

"I know."

He flashed her a smile as  Linna smiled, shaking her head.

"Alright, Sunghoon, you win. We can hang out today."

"Good, because there's this nice cafe that Jake mentioned the other day and we should check it out."

"Lead the way."

Linna allowed her boyfriend to take them whenever to eat and wondered if she'll be okay with the long distance relationship as last time was different since at that time they weren't official, but now they were. She would deal with it later when it happened and just enjoyed the moment with Sunghoon.

"Freedom!" Melanie announced quietly yet excitedly into the afternoon cold air after finishing her final exam of the school year.

"Let's go!"

She pulled out her phone to check if the other three had mentioned anything.

"Hmm, Jiyeon and Sunghoon are on a date. Kierra's occupied with Sunoo. Ooh, Minseo and Heeseung are official now. What?"

Melanie giggled while typing furiously in their cousin chat.

"What's got you giggling, hmm?"

She heard a familiar voice say against her air, hovering over her shoulder. She eyed her boyfriend while putting her phone away after sending her latest text.

"Not saying, but I'm sure you'll find out eventually though."

Jake pouted as Melanie chuckled, taking his hand in hers.

"Stop pouting, Jake. You'll be fine."

This made Jake's pout deepened even more.

"I won't be fine because you're leaving me again to go back home."

Melanie scoffed.

"We weren't official then and so this trip was already planned since then."

"It doesn't matter because you're still leaving."

Melanie rolled her eyes in good-nature at her boyfriend's behavior.

"We can still talk on the phone or do video calls, too, Jake."

"But it isn't the same, Youngseo."

"Well, I dunno what to tell you as I won't be here in Seoul."

"Cancel the trip or skip it."

She shot him a look.

"Then are you gonna pay me back the difference if I do?"

"Yes."

"Stop."

"I'm not joking."

Jake was serious and Melanie knew that.

"Dont spoil me, Jake."

"I already told you that I'll spoil you however I like, Youngseo." 

Melanie decided to to distract him from his thoughts of missing her when she left in a few days.

"Fine, then, Jake. I'm gonna hang out with Ni-Ki and watch One Piece instead."

She immediately let go of his hand and took off running towards the school's gates, laughing. Jake yelled after her, giving chase.

"Yah! Park Youngseo! You don't even watch anime! Come back here!" 

"Okay, Sunno. For this one do you wanna set it up like this? Or like this? Maybe this way? Or should we use this picture here instead of over here or replace it there?"

Kierra and Sunoo were in one of Central's private library rooms where the two were creating a photobook for Woojoo as a Christmas present. Both had finished their final exams a while ago and planned to meet up afterwards to work on the photobook.

"Why do you have so many photos of her though?" Sunoo questioned his friend as his eyes gazed at the stacks of photographs that Kierra had printed out.

"Because your sister likes to take as much pictures as you do."

Sunoo sheepishly laughed.

"Oh, right. She does."

"Especially if she had a photographer friend that could take her photos, too." Kierra remarked with a laugh as she got back on track with Sunoo.

"True. Okay, so like..."

The two continued to work on the outline of the photobook until it was completed and Sunoo was satisfied with the rough draft.

"How long do you think it will take to print?" Sunoo asked as the two exited the library and headed towards the school's gate.

"Um, I have all the materials and Minseo will help me. I'll have it ready for you the day before Christmas." Kierra responded after thinking about it.

"Wow, that's fast."

"Of course. Anyway, did you want to get something to eat after this?"

Sunoo shook his head.

"No. I'm having dinner with my family, but I'll see you later though."

"Okay, get home safe."

"You, too."

The two friends bid one another goodbye as they went in different directions. While waiting for her bus to go home, Kierra checked her phone for any new mesages. She responded to her cousins and then focused on the message from Jay.

"Hmm, I hoped he didn't stay afterwards though. I knew I should've checked my phone earlier."

Kierra frowned, quickly responding to Jay about helping Sunoo with a Christmas gift for Woojoo, that she was now on her way home, and was now just waiting for her bus. A moment later she received a response from her boyfriend for her to stay put as he was on his way to meet up with her.

"So, he did stay."

She sighed, putting away her phone and gazing off in to the distance where the sun was starting to set. So lost in her own thoughts, Kierra hadn't noticed Jay coming up to her and taking the seat beside her until she felt something warm touch her cheek. She jerked away and glared at the person, but her gaze softened upon seeing her boyfriend instead. Jay handed her the other drink as he kept the warm one for himself.

"Thanks."

"Welcome.

Kierra happily drank her bubble tea with one hand while offering her other hand for Jay to hold to which he gratefully took.

"By the way, when do you guys leave back home again?" 

"On Christmas morning like early in the morning."

"There's no way to convince y'all to stay?"

Kierra heard the hopeful tone in Jay's voice as she shook her head with an apologetic look.

"No. Honeslty, we already booked the flights before our situation became the way that they did though."

She gave his hand a slight squeeze.

"I'm sure the four of you will be fine without us for like two months."

"Two months?" 

Jay shot her an incredulous look.

"You told me it was less than a month."

"Oops! Did I?"

Kierra chuckled sheepishly.

"My bad, but yeah, it's about two months."

Jay made a face, but went back to drinking his drink with a brooding look. Kierra giggled at his reaction while giving his hand another slight squeeze.

"If you don't dwell on it too much, Jay, then time will pass on right by."

"No, it won't." He disagreed while shooting her a look.

"It was tough as it was when y'all left over the summer."

He sighed.

"Now that we're official, it'll be even harder."

She softly chuckled at her boyfriend's behavior at the moment.

"You're cute, Jay, but I'll make sure to call, video, call, and message you every day. Or at least try to that is."

"Even when it's late or early on your side?" He asked to double-check.

Kierra nodded.

"Even if it's late or early on my side, Jay, I'll answer your call as best as I can."

Jay smiled with a nod.

"Okay, Hayoun."

Realizing that Jay made her feel all natural with their affection towards one another that she found him cute at the moment. So, she leaned over to give him a kiss on the cheek, but Jay had turned to look at her just then as their lips touched instead. The two giggled within the kiss before kissing once more. Kierra realized that this thing seemed to be a common thing between them, too. She quite liked it.

"Are they still asleep?" Kierra asked Serena once the two were all packed and ready to head to the airport early this Christmas morning.

"They told us to wake up earlier, but they're still sleeping."

Serena chuckled.

"I dunno. I didn't check, but let's see what's up."

Each went to disturb their litlte sister and found the both of them still asleep like they didn't have to leave within an hour. However, the older pair learned that their flight back home got cancelled after being switched twice late last night. Honestly, the older two were looking forward to going back home and taking some time away from their boyfriends, but now it is what it is. Anyway, the four couples exchanged gifts yesterday since they wouldn't be able to spend Christmas together and even went on one last date, too. Still, both Jay and Heeseung didn't have to know that though. Kierra and Serena re

Please log in to read the full chapter