meet up

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kierra rested her head on her backpack while waiting for Jay to arrive at the school's cafeteria the following Monday. He called her late last night, needing help with his sketches that were due on Wednesday. She didn't know why he needed the help or even waited this long to work on it in the first place, but here she was for some odd reason. Then again, they consulted with one another a lot last semester and maybe Jay just did it out of habit because of it and so did she.

"Good morning, Hayoun."

Just as Kierra was about to drift off to sleep while waiting, she heard a familiar voice greet her softly while hearing something else being placed onto the table.

"Morning." She mumbled as her eyes fluttered opened as she slowly lifted her head to spot an earl grey milk tea that was placed in front of her.

It was one of her favorite drink flavors yet didn't know why it was there in the first place as Kierra hadn't asked Jay to get her something. Still, she seemed surprised that he still remembered one of her favorite flavors of bubble tea. Kierra's eyes slowly shifted over to Jay, comfortably sitting across from her with a notebook in hand and his own regular earl grey tea in the other.

"Oh, you didn't have to get me anything, Jay."

"Oh, don't mind it, Hayoun. I was getting something for myself anyway."

"Oh, I see. Um, so how much was it? I'll pay you back for getting me one anyway."

Kierra reached to grab her wallet out of her backpack, but Jay declined.

"You don't have to pay me back. Don't worry about it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Um, just think of it as a 'thank you' for meeting me so early before classes started."

Kierra quietly backed off from the topic.

"Oh, okay. Well, um, thank you."

"Welcome. Now, thank you for agreeing to meet me so early."

"Yeah, you're welcome, too."

He flashed her with a smile before setting the items onto the table.

"So, I have several sketches, but I feel like it's missing something."

"Like what exactly?"

Jay flipped open his sketchbook to show her the drawings he had done these past few weeks.

"Is there any way you can help me make these more presentable?"

Kierra stared at them before taking another long sip of her drink while slowly nodding tentatively.

"How presentable do you want them though? Because I think they look fine as they are, Jay."

Jay cast her with another smile before going into detail. Kierra listened intently and hoped that she could survive the day before classes ended.

"Do you want a bagel or a sandwich?" Linna asked Melanie as the two had gotten ready for school and were about to eat breakfast.

"Um, a bagel, please. Thanks." Melanie answered while opening the fridge to grab the bottle of orange juice.

"Do you want juice or milk?"

"Apple juice, please. Welcome and thanks."

"Okay, welcome."

Linna made breakfast as Melanie poured them juice. They each realized that their sisters weren't around as by now they would have been making double the meal.

"I'm gonna check on the other two." Melanie said as she set the glasses onto the small dining table.

Linna nodded as she finished spreading cream cheese onto the bagels while making herself a sandwich. Melanie returned shortly afterwards.

"Well, Serena's not feeling well and is skipping classes for today."

"Might be because she fell into the pool despite taking a warm shower last night."

"Yeah, maybe. She probably slept soon after though and didn't let her hair try after showering."

"Mmhmm. By the way, maybe we should make Serena some soup before we leave then. Yeah?"

"Nah, she said she's just gonna sleep it off and see how she feels when she wakes up. She'll eat then or something."

"Okay. How about Kierra?"

"Well, Serena mentioned that Kierra went to meet Jay this morning. I didn't find her in her room or the other rooms either."

The pair settled down to eat.

"Ah, that makes sense when she was grumbling about having to wake up early last night when I passed her in the bathroom."

"Must be school related."

"Oh, true. She did grumble about artwork or something like that."

"Oh, I see. By the way, any thoughts of actively pursuing Sunghoon today or writing another letter?"

Linna almost choked on her sandwich, but luckily prevented herself from doing that. Melanie laughed at the incident with an apologetic look.

"My bad."

"Right. Anyway, no. I'm just gonna go to my classes like normal."

Linna re-directed the same question at Melanie for fun.

"How about you? Any thoughts of actively pursuing Jake today, too?"

Melanie scowled before rolling her eyes.

"I already told y'all that we're not like that at all. He's just a cutie. Eye-candy, really. Anyway, I really only see him for on my Monday and Wednesday class and tutoring sessions. Other than that, that's about it."

"Oh, I see. Maybe because of that, then you'll end up seeing him more often now."

"Yeah, right. If so, then I hope you run into Sunghoon more than usual today, too."

"Yeah, no, I take it back. I think I'm good."

Melanie stood to clear her dishes while glancing at the clock on the wall, turning to shoot her cousin a mischievous look.

"We gotta get to class and you can admire your Ice Prince from afar or with another secret love letter in the making."

Linna scowled this time with a roll of her eyes as Melanie laughed.

Serena jerked awake upon hearing her phone going off. Her left hand automatically searched above her head for her mobile device. She brought it towards her face and saw that the caller was her friend, Lee Nagyung. She checked the time, a few minutes after twelve.

"Hello?"

Serena listened as her friend ranted to her about her now ex-boyfriend, Lee Yejun, and childhood ex-friend, Seo Yuri. It turned out that both went behind her back and messed around with one another and her other friends knew, but kept quiet about the whole thing. Despite having others to call, Nagyung called Serena as she didn't see her on campus and thought of her first. Serena, the other three, Girls One, and Girls Two were not a part of this other friend group of Nagyung and wondered what kind of friends were they to keep this hidden from a friend. Silence followed for a few seconds until Serena spoke.

"Do you want to be left alone right now despite feeling like ?"

"No." Nagyung answered a moment later.

Serena sat up in bed as she rubbed her face before speaking.

"Okay, then. Whatever you wanna do with our friend group in a bit then?"

Nagyung laughed on the other end of the phone while Serena got up from her bed and remembered the window was slightly opened and closed it.

"Honestly, yeah, Minseo, let's do something. Thanks a lot."

"Welcome. I'll text the the group chat to see who could come cheer you up. I'm sure Saerom, Hayoung, Chaeyoung, Seoyeon, and probably the others would be down to ditch classes right now."

"Thanks, Minseo."

"Welcome. Anyway, I'll get ready and meet you wherever you choose."

Melanie quietly left mid-session of her second class, having read the material ahead of time. Still she asked one of her classmates that she got along well with about any other lessons that the professor covered and to message her about it. When Melanie exited the classroom, she suddenly bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry." She apologized before making eye-contact with the person.

"Jake?"

"Oh, Youngseo, hi." He greeted her in his usual friendly manner before turning playful.

"We gotta stop bumping into each other like this."

Melanie awkwardly laugh.

"Yeah, Jake, we definitely need to stop that."

Linna's words came to mind from this morning and Melanie inwardly groaned at having to see Jake today.

"It's all good, Youngseo. I don't mind."

Jake flashed her another smile as Melanie did the same, hoping she didn't seem too flush.

"So where are you off to in a hurry?" Jake inquired, no rush to get to his next destination.

"Um, a friend needs some major cheering up and I'm on my way to do that. It's pretty bad, but I'm sure she'll get over it with us comforting her."

"Oh, so I won't see you later in class?"

"Yeah, sorry."

Jake cast her with a reassuring smile.

"It's all good. Anyway, have fun."

"Thanks, and sorry again about earlier."

"No, no, I'm sorry, too."

"Yeah, but anyways, I need to get going. See you for our tutoring session tomorrow instead though! Bye!"

Melanie waved a small goodbye before swiftly turning on her heels and ran off with Jake staring after with a bemused expression as a ghost of a smile graced his lips a moment later. He then recalled that he needed to get to return to his current class and rushed off this time around.

"Where is she?"

Linna swiftly looked around her surroundings with the other students walking around on the school's campus, waiting for Melanie to show up just outside her own classroom she had also ditched midway through. Linna didn't bother asking her classmates about the lesson as she'll figure it out the next time she had this class on Wednesday.

"She told me to wait instead of meeting at the gates. It's been like ten minutes."

It hasn't been that long as it's been only three minutes since the two messaged one another. Her sister and a majority of their other friends were already on their way to meet Serena and Seona, having ditched their own classes halfway through, too. Linna checked her phone to see if she had missed her Melanie's call or message. Nothing.

"Are you waiting for someone?"

"Yes."

She automatically responded nonchalantly so the person would get the hint to leave her alone. She went to cast the person with an indifferent smile in hopes that he would leave her alone while placing her phone back into her pocket, but realized it was Sunghoon standing there instead.

"Uh, Sunghoon, hi." She greeted the male with a calm demeanor.

Linna was totally freaking on the inside though, not expecting to see him. She remembered the words she told Melanie and how her cousin's words came back at her now. She needed to stop doing that for sure, but shook the thoughts away. A soft smile graced Sunghoon's features.

"Hi, to you, too, Jiyeon."

"Um, aren't you supposed to be heading to your class right about now?"

Sunghoon shot her with a small smile as he glanced around their surrounding before focusing his eyes onto her again.

"I'm on my way and still have plenty of time before it starts. As for you, aren't you supposed to already be in class, too?"

Linna had no idea how he knew that, but for her, she knew Sunghoon had another class around this area at this time. She had ran late for her second Monday and Wednesday class the other day and had spotted Sunghoon entering a classroom a building over from her own.

"Um, yeah, but something came up and I have somewhere else to be."

Linna averted her gaze and slighty shifted her body away from him while still keeping a lookout for Melanie. Just as Sunghoon opened his mouth to speak, the pair's attention went to another female school mate, Choi Rika, but she had called out more to Sunghoon than to Linna. Linna discreetly rolled her eyes, but didn't comment.

"Sunghoon!" Rika called from behind the pair.

"Sunghoon! Hi!"

Sunghoon's attention briefly went towards Rika as Linna took this moment to scan for Melanie and spotted her in the opposite direction a few seconds later, relieved.

"Okay, well, uh, bye, Sunghoon."

She flashed Sunghoon with a smile and small wave while barely acknowledging Rika before darting to the other side of them in Melanie's direction.

"Hey, Sunghoon, let's get to class!"

"Rika, calm down, please."

Sunghoon reluctantly headed to his next class with Rika practically pulling on his arm to walk beside her, but not before casting another look in Linna's direction. She properly placed her backpack's straps onto her shoulders as she grabbed Melanie's arm and pulled her towards the school's gates with urgency.

"Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

Linna was unaware of Sunghoon's lingering gaze in her direction.

"Aren't you sick?"

Kierra had called Serena after reading the text message in the group chat when she slipped out of her second class of the day.

"Somewhat. I slept and took some medicine. Besides, Nagyung needs some cheering up."

"Are you sure you're well enough to go out and about though?"

"Yes, but are you okay in not attending your current and next classes?"

"It is what it is. I'm not missing out on much and I got Geonu covering this one and Hanbin will take notes for me for the one after anyway."

"Wow, but yeah, I got Hyunkyung doing the same for me, too."

"Mmhmm. Anyway, do you want me to get you anything that we don't have at the house?"

"No. I should be good. I just took another hot shower and will be leaving soon to meet up with Nagyung first."

"Okay, okay. Be safe."

"I will. You, too. Bye."

"Bye."

Kierra hung up the phone and slipped it back into her pocket as she adjusted her backpack onto her back. While walking she noticed Jay amongst the crowd and as she was about to look elsewhere to make a run for it so that he wouldn't spot her, Jay already did. He walked on over to Kierra with a bright smile.

"Hayoun, hi."

"Hi, to you, too, Jay."

Kierra plasted on a smile, just not in the mood to socialized as she thought about going home and sleep.

"Don't you have another class?"

"I do, but I'm in no rush to get there. Aren't you supposed to be in one right now though?"

"Uh, yeah, but I'm not feeling well and planned on going home."

Partial lie as Kierra debated on either cheering up Hayoung, or catch up on a nap and meet up with them later. However, Jay frowned.

"Are you sick?"

"No, no. I'm not. Just tired."

She shot him a small smile as his frown deepened.

"Was it because of me?"

"Oh, no, no. It wasn't you, Jay. Not at all." Kierra assured him.

"I've just been sleeping weird lately."

Jay's face became relieved as Kierra shot him a reassuring smile.

"So yeah, I just didn't sleep well, but anyway, I gotta go. See you later."

"Later."

Jay watched Kierra go with a slight frown still. He really hoped that he wasn't to blame for calling her out in the early morning to help him. As for Kierra, she ended up meeting the others at their meet up point and decided that she could sleep early tonight instead.

"Okay, I should be fine." Serena muttered to herself as she looked around her surrounding, seeing no one in sight.

Serena slipped a yellow envelope into another locker in the dance team's break room a week later. After comforting Nagyung, she wrote a confession letter to a past crush, EJ, after being encouraged by her real friends to follow her heart and not by her other friends' words. Just like Linna, Nagyung didn't have the courage to talk to him face to face or even send the letter herself. She signed off with a drawing of a mango, indicating her favorite fruit. Serena ended up being the delivery person once more and so went early in the morning before classes actually started and not in the late afternoon. She figured she would be safe. She was not.

"So, you're leaving a confession for EJ this time?"

Startled by the words of an amused voice, the back of Serena's fist hit the person in the chest out of reflex. Not expecting to get hit, the person backed off with a grunt as her attention went to see who it was and saw that it was, again, Heeseung. She inwardly groaned, thinking she really needed to time this whole thing better without disturbances and wondered why she even got caught in the act by him again. Still, she wondered why he was here alone and so early just like last time. She figured it must be the dedication as Serena recalled that Heeseung was like this back in high school, too.

"Uh, sorry, Heeseung. Reflex."

Serena did not feel sorry whatsoever as he deserved it for startling her like before and again she didn't do anything wrong to feel like so, but her demeanor remained cool, calm, and collected. Heeseung felt like it was deja vu, but without the hitting as he rubbed at his chest while Serena eyed him, sheepishly.

"Are you okay?"

Heeseung collected himself with slow nods before giving her a half-smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine, but don't apologize. I was the one that startled you."

She remembered his question from earlier and decided to answer him.

"Anyway, it's from another friend."

She shot him a knowing smile with a playful look once Heeseung seemed to be fine.

"Are you gonna tell me that EJ's not gonna be interested, too?"

The sheepish smile disappeared as another

Please log in to read the full chapter