spring term

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"So, when did you give Jake a confession letter?" Linna asked Melanie, joining her at one of the two university's libraries.

They were currently at the Central Library for their Thursday's tutoring session as spring term's been in session for about two weeks now. The pair had tutoring every Tuesdays and Thursdays after their classes were done for the day. Melanie cast her cousin with a puzzled look.

"I didn't."

"That's what I've been hearing all around campus all day today."

Melanie rolled her eyes before explaining

"Well, yes, I did give Jake one, but I didn't write it. This girl, Kim Nara from my Tuesday and Thursday class kept insisting I give it to him."

Linna's brows furrowed.

"Okay, but why you?"

"Because we're close and he and I have a Monday and Wednesday class, too."

"That's it?"

"Yeah. I gave it to him the same day she gave it to me when I happened to see him during school, but she didn't identify who she was in the letter. So, that left him to give it back to me yesterday since I was the one that gave it to him."

Linna quietly laughed at the whole thing as Melanie rolled her eyes.

"Apparently, Jake corrected her grammatical errors and she's blaming me."

"You read it?"

"I basically skimmed it, thinking it was math notes until I actually stared at the words."

Linna giggled as Melanie rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, shouldn't you be with your own tutor by now?"

"Yonghee's running a little late today, but that's why I'm just bugging you until then."

"Must be nice."

Linna's tutor, Kim Yonghee, was actually Serena's ex-boyfriend back when they were in their first year of high school although they attended different high schools at the time while dating for half a year. They broke up amicably before the start of their second year and remained friends to this day.

"Don't worry. Jake will be here soon to accompany you."

Melanie frowned as she swatted at a giggling Linna.

"Stop. Do I need to bring up Sunghoon for you."

Linna stopped giggling.

"Please, no. Anyway, we're meeting our sisters at Simplistic after tutoring's done since they're helping their favorite person with an art assignment."

"I did not sign up for this." Serena grumbled while painting.

"Why are we even here?" Kierra inquired as she, too, was painting.

The pair were helping Ni-Ki with his art banner while in one of the art rooms and it's been less than an hour since they started.

"Don't you have other friends that can help you?" Kierra questioned despite enjoying herself.

"I do, but they're busy and you two are never busy." Ni-Ki answered with a knowing smile, still painting.

"What makes you think that?" Serena asked, pausing in mid-coloring.

Ni-Ki didn't look up as he continued to paint the outline of his main character in the center of the banner.

"Because the two of you have no life besides work and school."

"True." The pair agreed.

The trio continued to work until Ni-Ki got bored and ended up fingerpainting onto his two friends.

"Yah! Nishimura Riki?!"

Both wiped off the paint from their cheeks and glared at him. Ni-Ki laughed with a cheeky look, clearly enjoying what he had just done. Just as the pair were about to retaliate with Ni-Ki about to make a run for it, the classroom's doors opened revealing Heeseung and Jay.

"Yo, Ni-Ki! We're here."

"Let's hurry so we can get to dance practice."

Both parties just stared at one another until Serena broke the silence.

"Alright, cool then. Hayoun and I are gonna go."

Serena softly smacked Ni-Ki on the right cheek with her left hand that was painted yellow to get back at him.

"Oh, yes, let's go."

Kierra did the same thing, but with her right hand against his left cheek, leaving a red handprint. The cousins admired their artwork with a grin.

"Very nice."

"What an artwork."

The two giggled while they pressed their painted hands onto the canvas.

"Now, that's leaving a mark." Kierra commented as she and Serena chuckled.

"Later."

"Wait." Ni-Ki called out to them.

"Nah." The pair responded, laughing.

They ignored him while waving at Ni-Ki.

"Okay, buh-bye!"

Both grabbed their belongings with their clean hands, shot a smile at Heeseung and Jay before dashing out of the classroom. Jay and Heeseung stared after the duo before focusing their attention onto Ni-Ki. He shrugged while shaking his head with a sheepish laugh as he wiped off the paint from his cheeks.

"I actually don't have that much left to do honestly."

Melanie was working on a few math problems, using the formula that Jake had to re-explain to her as she didn't quite understand it in class on Tuesday, when she felt eyes on her a moment later. She briefly glanced up to see Jake staring at her with a small smile.

"How's it going?" He asked as he flashed her a friendly smile.

"Much easier. Thanks."

She returned the same gesture yet hoped he would look elsewhere.

"No problem, Youngseo."

Her eyes returned to her paper yet the feeling of being stared at remained, but not as strongly as before. Melanie finished the rest of the problems before handing it over for Jake to review. Just then the timer on his phone went off, signaling the end of their tutoring session.

"Ah, sorry. It seems our session ends here." He apologized as she shook her head.

"It's okay, but thank you for the much needed help."

"Yeah, I don't mind. You're easy to teach and learn quickly than others."

Just before he handed Melanie her paper back, Jake quickly took a photo of it.

"I'll review your work after dance practice and let you know if something is wrong."

"Awesome, and no rush. This isn't due until next Tuesday anyway."

"Okay, cool."

The pair collected their materials, packed up their things, and headed to the entrance of the library together.

"I'll see you in class next Monday then, yeah?"

Jake cast Melanie with another friendly smile as she briefly nodded.

"Yeah, Jake, see you then. Take care."

"Later, Youngseo."

He shot her another smile before heading off first. She turned the other way, ran a hand through her hair, and knew that her sister and older cousin would about the so-called rumor going around about her and Jake.

"So you and Jake are lovers now or something like that now?"

Serena directed her attention onto her sister with a teasing look as Kierra gasped playfully.

"Wow. I can't believe you didn't tell us that you and Jake are an item now."

Linna snickered at the situation as Melanie rolled her eyes at the older two.

"It's not even like that." Melanie scoffed.

"Where did you even hear that from?"

The quartet were having snacks and drinks at their workplace in a corner booth, away from others as to not distract their co-workers.

"Kierra and I overheard this group of girls talking at the school gate when we left earlier."

"Seriously, people love the gossip." Melanie mumbled, annoyed.

"What else did they say?" Linna probed, interested.

Kierra replied nonchalantly.

"One of them was upset about spelling corrections on a letter and that he couldn't have done it and it must be that 'Park Youngseo' person that did it out of jealousy or something like that. The girls were clearly upset and angered."

Melanie sighed with another eye-roll.

"So dumb and that's Kim Nara's fault for not letting Jake know that it was her that wrote the letter."

Kierra diverted the conversation elsewhere instead.

"Forget them. How did your math tutoring go with Jake then?"

Melanie shrugged nonchalantly.

"Same as normal. He'll check my work after dance practice. Other than that, we both know the real story and the rumors can it."

The three hummed in agreement as Kierra cast her sister with a knowing look.

"So, what about you and Sunghoon then?"

"Nothing."

Kierra just wanted to sister some more.

"Don't be like that. Any new developments?"

"No. None whatsoever."

"Well, maybe y'all can do a double date or something."

"No!" Both younger sisters answered causing their sisters to raise a brow, amused.

"Oh?"

Just as Kierra wanted to now tease the younger two, Serena changed the subject.

"Hey, Kierra, who's the model in your photographs?"

Kierra almost spit out her drink, but Serena continued speaking.

"The one for your collage project from last semester."

Kierra side-eyed Serena to which the latter just smiled in response as she wanted Kierra to have a taste of her own medicine.

"She has the portfolio at home. The model, he's a student of Hyebi University, too."

"Ooh, who is it?"

"Is it someone we know?"

Kierra slightly glared at Serena, but brought out her phone nonetheless.

"It's Jay."

"Ooh la la." The younger two cooed as they went through Kierra's gallery.

"I blame you."

Kierra shifted her attention onto Serena as the latter shrugged.

"Hey, that's a 'you and Jay' problem."

Kierra scowled.

"Shut up."

However the younger two wanted to join in the teasing to get back at Kierra.

"What's wrong with Jay, Kierra?"

"Yeah, Kierra, what did he ever do to you?"

Kierra knew the two younger ones were teasing, but still.

"Everything." She grumbled.

"Why was he your model?" Linna asked a second later.

"Or how did he become your model?"

Kierra sighed before speaking.

"Our professors are best friends and they thought it would be cool to collaborate or whatever last semester."

"So what did he get out of it for being your muse?" Melanie inquired a second later.

"His muse in return." Kierra mumbled.

The younger continued their teasing upon hearing that.

"Ooh, that's cute."

"Yeah, so what has he done that's inspired by you?"

Kierra sighed, not really wanting to tell the duo, but gave in anyway.

"Some fashion clothing designs."

"Ooh." The duo cooed, but before they could probe further Serena re-directed the conversation elsewhere after checking her phone.

"Hey, Woojoo and Sujin just messaged if we could help them out with something."

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen!" Sujin greeted the crowd as Woojoo introduced their friends onto the makeshift stage.

"Please give a warm welcome to, WHITE WISHES!"

The cousins politely waved at the crowd gathered on their school's campus where Woojoo and Sujin were a part of the Student Council and needed to find a last minute act to join the other performing acts after three of them dropped out last night unexpectedly.

"These lovely ladies are gonna charmed their way into your soul with their performances!" Woojoo continued, enthuasistically.

"Yes! So, please treat them kindly!" Sujin chimed in a second later.

The quartet were disguised in their performances outfits, courtesy of their friends. Each oen wore a white long-sleeved knee-length slightly loose dress, with a long off white wig, knee-high white socks, white vans, small fairy wings, and a feathered white eye mask with different colored accents to differentiate one from the other. Kierra with green, Serena with purple, Melanie with red, and Linna with blue.

"Happy White Day to everyone and enjoy our White Day Stage this late afternoon!" The pair concluded as the crowd cheered.

Sujin and Woojoo walked off the stage as they cheered on the quartet.

"Good luck, ladies!"

"And thanks again for helping us out."

The quartet nodded with smiles as they psyched themselves and each other up for their short segement despite finishing their classes and tutoring sessions not that long ago.

"One, two..." Melanie led the greeting before introducing themselves as a group.

"We're WHITE WISHES!"

One by one they introduced themselves with their new stage names. They introduced themselves with Melanie first, followed by Linna, Kierra next, and lastly, Serena. Woojoo came up with the names this time around as it pertained to gifts normally given on White Day and the quartet drew from hats of what stage name they would go by.

"I'm Peony Wish."

"I'm Bear Wish."

"I'm Chocolate Wish."

"I'm Marshmallow Wish."

"And we're WHITE WISHES!" They repeated in a sing-song tone as Melanie continued speaking.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter