dates

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

The quartet slumped around the living room, relaxing two days before the Fall semester started while watching an anime, My Happy Marriage.

"Ah!"

Kierra abruptly rose from her lying down position upon remembering something as she sat on her knees. The other three stared at her weirdly, taking their atttention away from the anime series.

"I forgot I have a lunch date with Jay tomorrow!"

She groaned while falling backwards down onto the rug, helplessly.

"What am I supposed to wear?"

She groaned once more while the other three giggled.

"Maybe something cute and pretty." Linna suggested, but then recalled something.

"Wait a minute. I have a lunch date with Sunghoon tomorrow, too."

"Where?"

Kierra faced Linna.

"Tteuran Teahouse."

Kierra let out a relieved breath.

"Okay, it's not a double date, but Jay and I are meeting at E-Chae Cafe."

"I'm pretty sure that both places are near each other though."

"Probably."

Melanie and Serena chuckled as Linna nodded, but fell back onto the couch while talking.

"I still can't believe that I'll be going on that solo date with Sunghoon though."

"That's a good thing though since y'all are actually dealing with everything that happened so far." Serena reasoned.

"Also, this way it's just the two of you without others being involved, too."

"I agree. Anyway, Kierra, just wear like a cute dress or just something cute in general." Melanie chimed in, causing Kierra to shake her head.

"Then go looking as a bum." Serena joked, knowing how Kierra would react.

"Then he wouldn't think I care enough about the date."

"I thought you didn't care what he thought though?"

Kierra scowled, but shrugged it off.

"I guess I do since Jay isn't really all that bad like I always thought and said, okay."

"Ooh." Melanie cooed as she looked over at Linna and threw a pillow at her.

"By the way, how did you wind up on a date with Sunghoon anyway?"

Linna sat upright, looking at her cousins and sister.

"He asked me out that night of the barbecue and I agreed without thinking much about it."

Linna sighed, but a ghost of a smile graced her lips.

"Well, either way, Sunghoon wanted us to talk about everything and so I hope we can do all that."

"Oh, girl, I feel the same way with Jay despite having gone on small outings and hangouts with him in the past." Kierra stated.

Serena wanted to confess after hearing her cousins talking.

"Okay, I need to get something off my chest. That night of the barbecue, Heeseung and I kissed again."

"What?!"

The focus shifted to Serena now as she hid her face in her hands before looking at them again. The anime series long forgotten despite playing in the background still.

"He was just up in my face and well, I ended up kissing him first that day."

Serena groaned as the other three began 'oohing' and 'ahhing' at her in a teasing manner.

"Please, stop. I apologize for my past teasing and understand that feelings that it causes."

"No." The trio rejected her apology as they all soon laugh at the overall situation.

"Anyway, what happened after that?" Melanie inquired, giving her sister a look.

"Because throughout the whole night you basically socialized and kept busy and I don't know if I saw wrong, but Heeseung didn't seem to please about it and it makes sense now that I think about it."

"Yes and I made sure that I wasn't around him again."

Serena giggled at the thought.

"I'm pretty sure that's gonna come back and bite me in the , but whatever."

"Oh, it's gonna be twice as hard for sure." Kierra reasoned as the other two laughed.

"Serena's karma is definitely gonna treat her to some major payback."

Melanie laughed as Linna looked over at her, curiously.

"By the way, Melanie, what's your situation with Jake now."

"I don't know what you mean."

"Oh, c'mon. I saw you holding hands with him throughout the whole night." Linna commented with a knowing look.

"Y'all only let go when the other had to get up, but other than that, y'all would go back to holding hands. Kinda cute to be honest."

"Okay, first of all, Jake initiated it. Second, Jake wouldn't let go no matter what. So, thirdly, I had no choice, but to keep holding his hand, too."

Melanie tried to remain aloof about the whole thing, but the other three just 'ooh' and 'ahh' her as well.

"Whatever. I just can't believe that our relationship with them advanced to where it is now despite all that happened last semester and through the summer."

"Technically, Kierra's situation has been in the works since high school with lots of detours." Serena clarified.

"The same with Linna, but it just manifested in university."

Serena looked at her sister while pointing between the two of them.

"As for you and I, it just sprung up out of no where to be honest although yours had a late bloom that didn't active until later while mine just seemed like it was about timing or whatever."

"Basically." The other three agreed before Kierra gave them a look.

"Um, anyway, I think it would be great if the two of you also come on the dates with me and Linna."

"Why?" Serena questioned as Melanie chimed in.

"Yeah, why?"

Serena gave Kierra a knowing look.

"Haven't you gone on indirect dates with Jay before? Why is this one different?"

"Because it's an actual date." Kierra reasoned while explaining further.

"Also, I'm pretty sure I will bail and ghost him if given the chance."

Linna agreed with a nod.

"Oh, yes. I think I would do the same thing."

She gave her sister a look.

"Honestly, I'm sure Kierra and I would bail just as we're heading over there and do something else instead within the vicinity."

"True." Melanie and Serena agreed, laughing alongside their cousins.

"Yeah, exactly."

"So, will y'all join us?"

"Sure."

"So..."

"So..."

Both Linna and Sunghoon spoke at the same time, but things seemed more awkward and weird than they had anticipated, not knowing how to go about the date or the conversation in general. The two burst into laughter due to the awkwardness they felt and they both knew it.

"Why is this so much more awkward?" Sunghoon questioned as Linna responded.

"Because we're overthinking this."

"How?"

She flashed him a small smile with a shrug.

"Honestly, we're trying to gauge the other by not making things difficult than before."

Sunghoon smiled, nodding.

"You're right, Jiyeon."

"I know."

She shot him a knowing smile as she looked about the cafe before fixing her eyes on to Sunghoon.

"You or me first, Sunghoon?"

"I'll go first."

Sunghoon began with apologizing for his behavior this past semester, the pretend dating, that he didn't think she had liked him like that with the incident with Eunsoo, and over the summer so far a well. Sunghoon further admitted that he liked Linna since their first year of high school, but didn't have the courage to ask her out. The more he talked, the more Linna enjoyed the way he talked and seemed comfortable enough to express all of this to her. Sunghoon caught how Linna was observing him and grew shy.

"Sorry if I'm ranting."

"Oh, no, no. You're not. It's cute actually."

"Oh?"

Linna chuckled, feeling at ease and not all shy like she usually would've been.

"Yeah, but you really thought that I was out of your league though? C'mon, Sunghoon, you practically had all the girls in our class distracted and from girls from other grades coming to see you every chance they could. The hallways were busy regardless of class time or not and the teachers were always annoyed."

"But they just stared or just complimented me. None of them treated me the way that you did though. You actually talked to me normally."

"So did Youngseo. So, why didn't you fall for her?"

"Because she wasn't in the same classes as me and Jake already liked her, too."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"So, if Youngseo was the one that had classes with you and I had them with Jake instead, then you and I wouldn't be like this right now? Is what you're saying?"

"What? No. Maybe. I'm so lost." He admitted as she chuckled.

"I'm joking, but I guess our fate worked out differently for us."

"It did. Anyway, I noticed you better because you treated me like an actual person."

"Because being starstrucked by you got me nowhere though."

Sunghoon chuckled, giving her a warm look.

"Well, it brought you here, didn't it?"

"Yeah, yeah, it did. Although the journey wasn't easy."

"Yes, it wasn't, but I'm happy that we are here."

"Me, too."

The two shared a knowing look as Sunghoon nodded, indicating for her to go next.

"Now, it's your turn."

"About what?"

"What was it about me that made you fall head over heels for me in our first year of high school? You didn't mention that in the letter."

Linna scoffed, leaning away.

"Can't you just accept that I just liked you since then?"

"No. So, what was it? Was it my charming looks? The way I smile?"

"You want the truth?"

"Yes."

"Besides what you mentioned, there were a few other reasons."

"Like what?"

"Your eyebrows. Your fangs. Your dimple. Overall, the way you sulk and pout when you don't get your way or lose in a game."

Sunghoon's expression shifted.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

The two shared a laugh and soon enough, the ease of conversation flowed between them, and further continued when their drinks and snacks arrived.

"That's cute." Serena commented from a safe distance away, watching them.

She ended up accompanying Linna with her date while Melanie joined Kierra with hers as Serena wanted to visit this cafe for their summer specials just like Melanie wanted to visit E-Chan for the same reason.

"Do you mind if I join you, Minseo?"

A familiar voice drew her attention away from the pair and towards Heeseung, standing close to the table she occupied with a warm smile. Definitely deja vu, but the feelings and vibes were totally different this time around.

"Uh, yeah, no, Heeseung. Go ahead, please."

Serena motioned for Heeseung to join her although she didn't think she would have to deal with him so soon though, but grew suspicious of his presence. Heeseung took the seat across from her, the smile still evident on his face.

"Why do I have a feeling like this was planned?"

"Not at all."

"Yeah, right."

"Oh, alright. Partially."

"I knew it."

He chuckled as she still regarded him, but her attention went towards the staff as the waiter brought over the summer specials while introducing each items.

"This is the raspberry wine ice, the mulberry ice, and the pine blossom ice. Enjoy."

"Thank you!"

The staff bowed and walked off while Serena picked up one of the wooden spoon, but then remember she wasn't alone. Her eyes shifted towards to Heeseung as he watched her, arms on the table, and leaning slightly towards her.

"Don't mind me, Minseo. Go ahead. Pretend that I'm not here."

"But you are here, Lee Heeseung."

Heeseung chuckled as Serena leaned backwards, eyeing the male.

"And for some reason I believed that you have some type of ulterior motive to be here, too."

Heeseung laughed at her words, slightly turning away before facing her again with an amused look.

"Do you think so badly of me, Park Minseo?"

Serena spoon one of the ice items before answering Heeseung.

"Not entirely."

She chuckled as she took another spoonful of the delicious treat.

"But I'm just wary that you might pulled another stunt like that one night several days ago."

Heeseung laughed.

"If I recall, Minseo, you kissed me first."

Serena scoffed.

"Because you instigated it."

"You made me jealous." He admitted.

Her brows furrowed.

"Wait a minute. You were jealous?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"The other guys."

"What guys?"

"Back home."

"Oh, the ones that I treat like actual brothers that aren't blood related to me?"

"I dunno, you tell me."

Heeseung's expression turned serious as Serena was amused now.

"You're kidding, right?"

He shook his head, still serious all the way she was giggling.

"I can see that you still find this funny, Park Minseo."

"Sorry, Heeseung, but I mean it is."

"I'm serious though."

"I know, but like, Heeseung, come on. What is there for you to be jealous about though? It's not like you liked me like that."

Despite all the interactions these past few weeks, Serena tried to deny that Heeseung may like her and that she may like him in return.

"I do like you though."

Serena stayed silence after Heeseung confession. A slow smile graced his features.

"Is that surprising?"

"Kinda, but not really. It kinda makes sense now."

Serena remained nochalant, keeping her cool.

"Oh?"

Amusement gracing his features as a slow smile setted on his lips.

"How so, Park Minseo?"

She made a face, but replied.

"Your persistence all this year, Lee Heeseung."

She stared at him as Heeseung chuckled, but remained quiet to let her continued.

"Your constant persistent. Our friends teasing me about you more than before, but I didn't believe them and just thought it was a joke."

Serena still brushed off Heeseung's feelings for her by being nonchalant and in denial.

"Anyway, Heeseung, I don't know why you would like me, bu-"

"I just like you, Minseo." Heeseung interrupted her with a smile before elaborating further.

"You're cute, strong both in mentally and phsyicality, definitely can play sports, have different sides of you that you're not afraid to showcase, and I just like the way you play hard-to-get."

Heeseung chuckled as Serena scoffed.

"Wow."

However, she still kept herself at bay from him.

"But like seriously, you were jealous of the boys back home? There's nothing to be jealous, Heeseung."

"It's hard not to be jealous when you treat everybody the same." Heeseung admitted as a soft look setteld on Serena's face.

She unconsciously let her guard down and let the words flow on out.

"It's easier to treat everybody the same without getting caught up in the feels, Heeseung. Honestly, I don't like them like that or anyone else for that matter like I do for you. You're enough for me as you are."

Serena just processed the last part of what she had just said as she caught the way Heeseeung looked at her now, and she knew that she had confirmed something for Heeseung upon seeing his sweet smile.

"What, Lee Heeseung?"

"Let's date, Park Minseo."

"How do you like your green grape ade?" Jay asked Kierra as she smiled.

"It's delicious. How about your grapefruit ade?"

"Better than I thought."

"That's good, but I definitely can't wait for the chamomile tea and the tradtional variety of bugak."

Kierra looked about the cafe, sipping her drink as Jay observed her with a soft look.

"Yellow is a good look on you, Hayoun."

"Oh. Thanks, Jay."

Kierra looked down at her floral mini dress she had borrowed from Linna. Honestly, Kierra was just gonna wear a long sleeve shirt and black pants, but her sister convinced her to wear something pretty for the date and so here she was. Luckily Jay wore something similar and so she didn't stick out like a sore thumb.

"Green is a good color on you, too."

He smiled.

"I know."

"Of course you know."

She chuckled as the two sipped on their drinks.

"I don't think I ever seen this side of you before, Hayoun." Jay commented as Kierra eyed

Please log in to read the full chapter