studies

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"So, you sent my mom pictures of you in a hanbok, but you couldn't send me any?"

Kierra heard Jay said as he joined her at the school's cafeteria early in the morning. Ever since the fall term started, the two have been having their little early morning meet ups here before their classes started for the day. Surprisingly, their schedules were similar and the two found time to hang out every day. Kierra chuckled while eating her breakfast.

"Your mom asked and I couldn't deny her. Besides, I was in the middle of sending photos to my mom and aunt, too."

Kierra happily munched on her meal as Jay sat, sulking. Chuseok was a few days ago and she, her sister, and cousins dressed in hanbok with Eunmi to explore around Seoul without all the hustle and bustle.

"Yeah, but you could've sent some to me in the process, too."

"I thought your mom would show you them."

"She showed the other relatives as I was too busy with other things."

"Aww, poor you."

Jay continued to sulk as Kierra chuckled at his reaction.

"Didn't you like the photos of the other stuff I sent you though?"

"They were nice, but none of them were of you in a hanbok though." He responded, but continued to sulk.

Kierra smiled at his behavior, but still, she grabbed her phone, went through it, and then set it aside after doing whatever she intended to do on it. Jay's phone beeped a second later, indicating a notification. He checked his phone as a small smile graced his features upon seeing the photos that Kierra had just sent him.

"Yellow is a really good color on you." He complimented as she smiled.

"I know. Just as green fits you, too."

Jay eyed her.

"My mom sent photos of me to you, huh?"

"Mmhmm."

She cast him with a teasing look.

"Her handsome boy."

Jay turned shy with a sheepish smile as he looked away, avoiding her eyes. Kierra smiled and continued to eat her breakfast. As for Jay, he focused his attention onto his phone, scrolling through the images of Kierra with a smile on his face.

"Aww, did he miss me that much?" Linna mumbled with a small smile upon seeing Sunghoon once she stepped off of the bus.

Usually Sunghoon waited by the school's gates for her, so that they could hang out for a bit before walking her to her first class. Sunghoon's face brightened upon seeing Linna as he waved. She waved back and hurried towards him. He offered his hand as she placed hers in his before the two headed towards their school.

"Did you have a fun chuseok?" Linna asked as Sunghoon nodded.

"Yes, but I wished you were there."

He shot her a sweet slook as Linna just smiled.

"Anyway, how about you? Did you have a good chuseok?"

"Ooh, I had so much fun this year. There was so much to do that I wished I had more time to do them."

Sunghoon eyed her enthusiasm.

"What did you do?"

Linna began listing the stuff she did get to do as well as things she didn't have time to do.

"I got to make songpyeon with the girls and even the boys. I even played a game of ssangnyuk with Hanjun, got to play jegichagi with Seohoo, and even made arrows with Taeyoung. Minhee and I were going to make clocks and knotted art, but the boys wanted to play yutnori and spent most of our time doing that."

Sunghoon enjoyed listening to Linna talk about her activities and her day, but he didn't like how she spent most of her time with these four males though.

"Ooh, but the highlight of chuseok was going to the observatory at Lotte World Tower for the 'full moon tour' where we stargazed. It was so fun."

Linna happily swung their intertwined hand as she spoke nonchalantly, but felt a tug when Sunghoon stopped walking. She casually turned to face him.

"Something the matter?"

Her lips quirked upward upon seeing him sulking. Linna decided to as he didn't respond to her and even went up to him to mess with him some more, not really taking in account of what her words could mean between the two of them.

"Aww, is my ice prince sulking because I didn't spend chuseok with him?"

Sunghoon observed her as Linna maneuvered closer and immediately pulled her closer to him to wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Yes." He admitted right away, not wanting to play around.

"Your ice prince is sulking because he didn't get to spend the last four days with you. What of it, hmm?"

"I mean, it is what it is, Sunghoon." Linna stated with a small laugh.

"My father's family is no longer living here, so there's no traveling for me to do all that, but your family does and so you do have to travel and celebrate it with your families. So, of course we're going to celebrate chuseok differently and not with each other."

"Yet." He mumbled, but a silly smile graced his features soon after.

"So, your ice prince, huh?"

Linna didn't acknowledged it as Sunghoon frowned. However, she then pulled herself from out of his grip and took his hand in hers.

"C'mon, let's get to class. I don't want to be late today."

Sunghoon reluctantly allowed himself to be pulled along by Linna although the sulking expression remained on his face.

"So, what did you do over the weekend?" Jake asked Melanie when they settled in their seats for their first class of the day together.

The two also ended up having a class together this fall semester as well.

"A lot of things."

"Yeah, I can tell."

Melanie laughed, facing him with a look.

"Then why did you ask?"

He cast her with a pouting look.

"Just wanted to make sure you didn't have too much fun without me."

"Oh, but I did."

Melanie continued to tease the male.

"I wore such a pretty blue and cream hanbok where I received lots of compliments from everyone, especially these older men, and took a lot of pictures, too."

She started mentioning the Baek brothers and Minhee and what they did, almost as if it was a romantic four-day holiday.

"Minhee makes terrible tasting songpyeon despite all of us using the same ingredients and cooking it for the same amount of time. However, I finally beat Seohoo during jegichai while having Taeyoung help me make arrows as it wasn't coming out right, but Hanjun is such a cheater dur-"

She instantly stopped talking when she felt Jake placed a firm hand on her upper right thigh. Melanie slowly looked at him with curious eyes as Jake cast her with a sweet smile, but there seemed to a mischievous tint in his eyes. Even the hand on her thigh was patting her in a gentle and rhythmic manner.

"Go on."

Jake calmly spoke, but Melanie wasn't sure how to interpret that. Maybe she should stop teasing him.

"Ah, no, no. I'm done."

She flashed him a small, but sheepish smile while placing her right hand on top of his left hand to remove it from her thigh, but it was no use as he instead took her hand in his, interlocking them. Melanie eyed Jake as a smirk graced his lips a second later. Fortunately, she could write with her left hand, but that didn't mean she wanted her other hand to be occupied during the lesson. Then again, this was all on her for messing with him and should've known that constantly teasing him would have her wind up like this. However, Jake just smiled throughout the whole lesson, not minding this at all.

"And where do you think you're going, Park Minseo?"

Serena got caught by Heeseung as she tried to leave the school's gates once classes were done for today while he pulled her back by her backpack. She assumed she could make her escape without having to interact with the male after the four-day holiday.

"Um, home. I'm not feeling all that well."

She faked cough while shooting him a pleading look.

"I think I caught something during chuseok."

Another fake cough.

"I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to hang out as you might catch it, but I was gonna messaged you when I got home though."

Serena faked another cough as Heeseung chuckled, shooting her a knowing look.

"Sure you were."

He let go of her backpack, but had taken her hand in his instead.

"If you were really sick like last time, Minseo, then you would've gone home way earlier."

"Dammit." She muttered as Heeseung laughed.

"Either way, you said you would spend time with me once the holidays were over."

"I only said that to get you off my back as you wouldn't stop messaging me over the weekend."

Heeseung chuckled while giving her an amused look.

"You make it sound like it's a bad thing."

"I'm not, but still..."

She eyed the male.

"We hung out all day Wednesday before you left on Thursday, Heeseung. That should've been enough."

"Yeah, I know, but I could never get enough of you, Minseo."

Heeseung smiled while swinging their intertwined hands back and forth.

"Besides, that was then and this is now."

He flashed her a charming smile that she wanted to smack off of his face right then and there.

"Besides, you got to have fun with other guys that weren't me and so, now you have to make up for it."

She made a face as he chuckled, but faced forward.

"Don't you have the winter dance show thing you have to practice for though?"

"I do, but I have time to play around before then."

"I bet."

Still, despite just dating as Serena would like to say and think, they seemed more than that in general. However, neither of them mentioned it and just went with the flow of things. Serena worried that she wouldn't be able to give him a definite answer if he asked her to be his girlfriend officially if he asked sooner than later. 

Serena dropped the chubby deer plush doll and her phone on Heeseung's bed, startled by the door being opened and the lights flipping on.

"So, were you just gonna leave it there and not say anything like a secret admirer?"

Came Heeseung's teasing voice as Serena straightened up as her eyes adjusted to the brightness while facing the male with a sheepish smile.

"Hi, Heeseung. What are you doing here?"

He cocked a brow, an amused look on his face with his arms folded across his chest as he leaned against his bedroom door. The only way in and out of his bedroom.

"I'm pretty sure this is my room and I'm allowed in it."

"Oh, right. Right. Yeah."

What was it about this man that made her lose her composure so easily? However, she got back to her senses as Serena cast him with a pleasant look.

"Anyway, that's your birthday present and I'm gonna go now. Again, happy birthday, Heeseung."

Serena had pointed to the new stuffed toy on his bed while grabbing her phone in the process and turning off the flash on it. She picked up her tote bag and stuffed the phone inside as she waited for Heeseung to move out of the way, but he stayed where he was, the amused look turning into a playful one.

"Aww, but don't you wanna spend your time with me for my birthday?"

"I already have despite there being other people present for you to play with. Anyway, you still have your other friends to hang out with for the remainder of the night."

She gave him a pointed look.

"Besides, I already wished you a happy birthday by text, phone call, in person, just now, and even while singing the birthday song, too. So, that should be enough."

Today was Heeseung's birthday and their friend group were celebrating it at Heeseung and friends' place, dubbed as Boys One with their other male friends living in Boys Two. They've just finished singing the birthday song and were in the midst of cake cutting that Serena decided to secretly leave Heeseung his birthday gift in his room. However, Serena had asked her sister and cousins to be lookouts in case Heeseung came to his room, but that failed.

"Oh, it's never enough when it concerns you, Park Minseo."

Heeseung pushed himself off of his bedroom door and headed towards her slowly. Serena panicked upon his movements and backed away, resulting in her bumping the back of her knees against the edge of his bed and falling upon it, dropping her bag on the floor in the process. Before Serena could lift herself off of Heeseung's bed, she froze as he was already hovering above her. His upper body just leaning slightly over her with a mischievous look as he placed his arms on either side of her head, trapping her from escaping.

"Relax, Minseo. I'm not going to do anything to you."

Serena saw how Heeseung's eyes twinkled.

"Unless you want me to."

She made a face as he chuckled, grabbed the deer stuffed toy, and straightened upright again.

"But thank you for the gift. It's cute."

Heeseung admired his new birthday present as Serena tenatively sat up, observing him. Maybe because of her constant teasement of her sister and cousins over the years that karma decided to give her a taste of her own medicine and gave Heeseung the tools to mess with her. However, the constant uneasiness that Serena had in her chest wasn't the thought of being teased, but the possibility that Heeseung may not be the one after all and she'll end up with heartache instead.

"Minseo?"

"Hmm"

Serena hadn't realized that Heeseung's been calling for her attention for a few seconds now, too lost in her thoughts. He cast her with a worried look.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." 

She feigned a smile.

"I'm just tired with all the studying for the midterms next week."

Which wasn't a partial lie. The midterms this time around were much more stressful, time consuming, and took up a lot of her free time and spending them late into the night. Heeseung placed a comforting hand on top of her head, storking it even as a gentle look settled upon his face. Serena soon became relaxed and calmed by the action although before she would have shied away from such affection and slapped away his hand.

"You can sleep in my bed until the others want to go home."

"I'm fine, Heeseung."

She shot him another feign smiled.

"It's okay. I'm good. Really."

She wasn't sure if she was trying to reassure him or herself, but still, Serena made an attempt to stand back up, but Heeseung gently yet firmly pushed her back down and even placed the deer plush toy in her hands.

"No, Minseo. Take a nap." He ordered with a firm tone.

He lowered his head to be at eye level with her.

"I don't want you to faint during your studies and some random guy has to take you to the infirmary tomorrow."

Serena didn't bother to argue with him. Too tired and too aware of their proximity.

Please log in to read the full chapter