sleepover

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"So, who's gonna tell him that we're not making anything for them?"

Serena glanced at her sister and cousins as they were currently making beaded keychains for themselves from Woojoo's beads collection while in the kitchen. At first it was just Serena and Kierra, but their sisters joined them later, not wanting to participate in the board games happening in the living rooms. Sunghoon had come upon the group when he needed to use the toilet and casually commented that he wanted a necklace that was 'bright' and 'colorful' before walking away nonchalantly. At the moment, neither of the four completed their own art beads and hadn't even thought about making the others something either.

"Actually, someone can make something for him, specifically though."

Kierra cast her sister with a knowing look.

"Jiyeon."

"What? No way." Linna rejected immediately.

"That would be totally obvious."

"To which could be what got you guys back together." Kierra reasoned as Linna made a face.

"No way. We haven't really even talk about that day much either."

"Okay, so then how about this?"

Serena looked over at her sister.

"Youngseo could make something for Jake so that Jiyeon won't feel like she's the only one then."

"What? No way." Melanie disagreed.

"That will be totally obvious with what's been going on lately even though he's apologize since then."

"So, we just don't make anyone anything." Kierra reasoned as Serena shook her head.

"Yeah, right. They're gonna bother us if we don't make them something because Sunghoon expects something and probably told the others by now."

"So?" Linna questioned, although she knew that Sunghoon would sulk if he didn't receive something.

Then again, Linna wasn't obligated to make him anything though. Currently, the others were playing Halli Galli with the cousins having no idea on who was winning or losing yet they were competitive due to all the yelling and screaming they could hear from the second living room.

"Well, they're distracted with playing games and so Sunghoon might not even noticed or have said anything either." Linna later reasoned as the others nodded.

"True."

Still, Kierra wanted to sister some more.

"But then again, he might be expecting someone to gift him a small gift."

"I'll make one if you make something for Jay, too."

"No." Kierra refused immediately as Linna scoffed.

"So then don't encourage me to do something when you wouldn't do it either."

"Touche."

Serena and Melanie chuckled with Serena coming to a conclusion.

"Let's just go about making something for the each of them as a summer goodbye gift, yeah?"

"Are they still playing the pirate pop-up toy?" Kierra asked, the last of the cousins to shower and changed into her pajamas.

"No. They've moved on to two others since then." Linna answered.

"Yeah, they're on Penguin Pang Pang now." Melanie informed as Serena laughed.

"But Woojoo and Sunoo keeps losing while blaming one another."

"I know right." Linna agreed with a nod and a chuckle.

Soon enough, both of the Kim siblings had enough of the games and declared they were going to shower. The others just watched the pair rushed off, leaving the rest to pick up where the duo had left off. However, the two argued about who was gonna shower first as they rushed to take over the bathroom before the other.

"You would think by now they would be more civilized." Sujin commented, coming up to the four as she was done playing games, too.

The cousins laughed in agreement.

"Yeah, true."

"But that just shows that for them, they're close, too." Kierra reasoned.

The five focused their attention onto the other six as they continued playing, but this time with Jenga. Sujin glanced at the four with a knowing look.

"Well, y'all don't act like siblings or even related at all while together and in public despite confusing people when they do ask if y'all are related."

"We know." They chorused with a laugh.

"Oh, this is for you."

Serena handed Sujin a beaded keychain.

"Aww, thanks."

Sujin took the gift happily, admiring the colors and design itself.

"Y'all didn't have to make me anything."

"Welcome." The four responded.

"It's a going away present until we come back next month." Melanie explained as Sujin smiled, apprecitatively.

"Thanks. Anyway, I'm done playing games, too. I'm gonna get ready for a bath, too."

Sujin went to join the other two, leaving the four with the rest of them.

"So, should we join in on the games or just give them their gift now?" Serena asked, looking at the other three with a playful smile.

"Honestly, I'm surprised they're taking turns to play the Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet versions." Linna commented as she, her sister, and her cousins watched the seven males play on Serena and Kierra's laptops against one another.

Sunoo had joined the party after learning they would be playing the latest Pokemon games and so gave up his turn to shower to Woojoo instead. Earlier, Serena and Kierra were gonna play with their nintendo switches to play the Pokemon games while Melanie and Linna were gonna play on their phones, but somehow the others found out about Kierra and Serena owing the games and suggested on having a Pokemon battle instead. Serena owned Violet whereas Kierra owned Scarlet and they split into two different teams to play based on who was challenging who after drawing lots.

"So," Melanie began as she announced who is battling who with a makeshift score board.

"Ni-Ki verses Jungwon. Sunoo verses Heeseung. Jay verses Sunghoon. And Jake would play against whoever wins from Jay and Sunghoon's battle."

"Whoo!"

The seven cheered as they readied themselves for battle, taunting one another with Melanie shaking her heads at their antics. The cousins opted in not playing, not wanting to join in their competition and preferring to watch the whole thing go down. Linna had also gone to make some popcorn after hearing Sunoo mention it and remembered seeing some packets from earlier. Meanwhile, Kierra and Serena talked amongst themselves.

"Better message in the cousins chat about us not playing the game though." Serena informed Kierra.

"Otherwise, the pop-ups are gonna distract them."

"Oh, shoot. True. They'll keep sending us invites, wondering why we're not joining despite being on and who knows which of those seven will end up on clicking them."

The two shared a giggle as they messaged in the cousin chat about what was going on their side if they happend to see them online on their end whereas the others were too focused on Ni-Ki beating Jungwon and moving on to the next set of challengers.

"Here."

Melanie tapped Jake's shoulder in the midst of Jay and Sunghoon's match.

"This is for you."

Jake stared at the beaded keychain with his name on it.

"Aww, thanks, Youngseo."

He happily took the item while gazing up at her sweetly.

"Is this a good luck charm for me to win the Pokemon battle?"

"No."

"Oh."

Melanie chuckled at Jake's reaction.

"Anyway, you can use it however you want or not use it at all, Jake. It won't bother me."

"It'll bother me though."

"Why?"

"Because you made it for me."

He flashed her a sweet smile and Melanie ree of her own, not saying anything.

"Anyway, I'll use it for sure, Youngseo."

"Okay. Oh, by the way, this is also for you. Jaeho asked me to return this back to you."

Melanie also presented him with his book, The Little Prince.

"Oh, right. I forgot I lent him this. Thanks."

"You're welcome."

Jake took the book while placing the keychain into his pocket as he watched Melanie make her way over to Jungwon and also handed him a beaded keychain. His smile slightly dimmed as he believed she only made him one and no one else. A slight pout settled onto his face.

"Oh, thank you, Youngseo."

Jungwon took the item as he stared at the word that Melanie had chosen.

"Kitty? That's not my name."

"I know. It's your nickname."

Jungwon eyed her, weirdly.

"Really?"

Jungwon made a face as Melanie laughed.

"No. I'm just kidding. This one is for a friend back home."

She took back the item and gave him the right now.

"This one's yours."

"Ah, okay. Cool. Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Here, kid."

Serena tapped Ni-Ki's shoulder as she presented him with a beaded keychain with the word 'ducky' on it instead of his name.

"What's this?"

Ni-Ki took the item to stare at it.

"Some type of charm you can put on somewhere or give away if you want."

"How come it doesn't have my name on it?"

"Because I chose a nickname and spelling your full name takes up too much time and beads."

The two stared at one another as Serena chuckled.

"Do you want it or not?"

"I guess I'll take it."

Ni-Ki made a face as Serena giggled at his reaction.

"I'm kidding. Don't sulk."

"I'm not sulking."

"Right. Anyway, here."

Serena took back the item and gave him another one, but the word 'puma' was on it instead.

Ni-Ki eyed her with a pout as Serena laughed.

"I'm kidding. Sheesh, I thought it was funny a second time."

"Well, it's not."

"See, this is how the others feel when you do the same thing."

"Yeah, right."

"Whatever."

Serena gave him the one that said 'Ni-Ki' on it and took back the other one. Ni-Ki noticed a fourth one in her hand when he took his actual one.

"Who's that one for?"

"Heeseung."

"So, I'm not your favorite anymore?" Ni-Ki teasingly sulked as Serena rolled her eyes.

"You were never my favorite."

"Wow, don't be shy. You know I'm your favorite, always."

"Yeah, yeah."

"But so Heeseung is someone you like?" Ni-Ki stated as Serena shook her head.

"I don't like him like that. We all split on making something for someone and I happened to get you and him."

"Right."

"I did."

"Uh huh."

"Shut up or I'll take it back."

"Yeah, right."

The two shared a laugh as Serena just patted his shoulder, wishing him luck against playing against Heeseung. However, Serena didn't give Heeseung his beaded keychain just yet, causing Heeseung to wondered if she lied after overhearing her conversation with Ni-Ki as she left the room instead. A moment later, Serena came up to him alongside carrying a small bag that held his suit jacket from back in March. Heeseung totally forgot about that.

"Hi. I finally remembered and got around to returning your clothes to you. Sorry about that."

Serena handed him the bag while offering the keychain with it.

"This beaded charm is for you, too, unless you wanna give it away or not use it either. Doesn't matter to me."

"Now why would I wanna give away something you personally made for me, Minseo?"

Serena shrugged as he took both items.

"I dunno, you don't seem like the type to have such a keychain of sorts."

Heeseung's lips curved upwards, amused.

"What kind of type do you think I am then?" 

"The type that's too friendly and a playful flirt."

Heeseung chuckled, not really expecting Serena to give that answer.

"Do I?"

"Yes, Heeseung. For a sweet deer, you're a friendly flirt of a hamster."

His lips curved upwards upon hearing those words fall from her lips.

"Oh, really?"

Serena scolded herself from saying that out."

"Yeah, and now, I'm leaving."

She hurried away as Heeseung smiled goofily, rubbing the beaded charm between his thumb and forefinger.

"Here you go, birthday boy."

Linna dangled the beaded keychain in front of Sunoo as the latter's eyes lit up upon seeing it.

"Ooh, thanks, Jiyeon."

"You're welcome."

Sunoo chuckled upon reading 'ddeonu' instead of his name on it.

"You really couldn't help choosing that, huh?"

Linna laughed with a nod.

"Yeah, but I can make another one if you prefer the original spelling."

"It's all good. I don't mind it and I really like the colors you chose."

"Thanks. I knew you'll like it."

She waved him off as she made her way to give Sunghoon his. Luckily, Sunghoon seemed distracted and his focused was on the match between Heeseung and Ni-Ki. Linna maneuvered around the others, approached Sunghoon from behind to steathily give him his item, and just as she placed the beaded necklace beside him, Sunghoon caught her in the act. The two quietly stared at one another before his eyes caught sight of the item.

"Oh, you actually made me one."

"Um, yeah, I did."

Linna straightened herself out and presented the beaded jewelery to Sunghoon.

"Hope you like it."

"I like it very much."

Sunghoon happily took the item and instantly placed it over his head as the item now settled itself nicely around his neck. Linna let out a relieved breath that the item wasn't too big or too small for him. She figured it might've been too big when she used herself as a model for the necklace as she didn't want to bother Sunghoon for his measurement for it. However, she didn't realized that she stared a tad too long as Sunghoon's lips quirked mischievously.

"Handsome, aren't I?"

"Yes." She answered without thinking, but came to her senses and tried to play it cool.

"Yeah, of course the necklace makes you handsome, Sunghoon."

Sunghoon chuckled with a sincere smile this time.

"Thanks, Jiyeon."

"You're welcome, Sunghoon."

Linna soon remembered the sunglasses she needed to return to him.

"Oh, hold on."

She ran off to retrieved the said item as Sunghoon's eyebrows furrowed. She returned a moment later.

"Nayoon gave me this as you lent it to her boyfriend."

"Ah, yeah, I did. Wow, I forgot about it."

Sunghoon took back his sunglasses.

"Thanks."

"Mmhmm. Okay, bye."

Linna rushed away with a giggle as Sunghoon watched her go with a dumbfounded expression, but a slow smile graced his features.

"Ahh, the bath was something I needed." Woojoo said in a relieved tone as she entered her bedroom where Kierra was grabbing some things.

She looked at her friend, amused.

"I wouldn't doubt it."

Woojoo sat on her desk chair, watching Kierra go through her things.

"So, when are y'all leaving again?"

"The twenty-eighth, Wednesday afternoon."

"And coming back?"

"Uh, around the second to last week of July, I think. I actually forgot the date, but don't worry, we'll be back for your birthday weekend trip, though."

"Y'all better. Some already are unable to come and don't need even less than that."

"Yes, yes, Woojoo, we know, and we'll be here."

Woojoo nodded, happily while towel drying her hair when she was presented with a beaded keychain from Kierra.

"By the way, this one is for you."

"Ooh, thank you, Hayoun!"

Woojoo happily took the item, admiring it.

"You even got my favorite colors, too."

"Of course. If not, then you wouldn't use it."

"I would, too."

"No you wouldn't."

Please log in to read the full chapter