plans

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Oh, yes! Exams are done for today." Linna quietly said to herself, happily as she packed up her belongings.

While doing so, Linna was approached by one of her classmates.

"Jiyeon."

"Hmm?"

Linna faced the person.

"Oh, hi, Nayoon. What's up?"

Nayoon extended her arm to reveal a sunglass case in her hand.

"Your boyfriend let my boyfriend borrowed his sunglasses awhile back, but I'm giving them to you to give it back to Park Sunghoon instead."

"Oh."

Linna assumed everyone knew that she and Sunghoon had supposedly broken up, but it seems that Nayoon didn't or her boyfriend.

"How come your boyfriend couldn't return them?"

"I accidentally took them this morning, thinking they were mine since the cases looked similar, but they're not after Chaemin explained it when I asked. So, it's easier if I pass it along to you instead since you're his girlfriend and all."

"Ah, okay."

Linna took the accessory from Nayoon as she smiled, not wanting to make it awkward that she and him had broken up. She figured that others would've known that, but apparently not.

"Thanks. Anyway, take care during your summer break. Hope we have classes together again in the fall."

"Me, too. You have a wonderful summer vacation, too."

The two classmates bid one another goodbye as Linna stared down at th black case.

"Maybe I could get Sunoo, Jungwon, or even Ni-Ki to return it to him instead." Linna mumbled as she stuffed it into her backpack alongside the unsent final love letter.

"Now, I can sleep for a bit until Monday's final." Melanie said, tiredly, after turning in her final for her Tuesdays and Thursday's class.

She was packing up her belongings when a classmate called out her name.

"Hey, Youngseo."

"Hmm?"

Melanie turned to face the person.

"Oh, Jaeho, hi."

"Hey. I was wondering if you could do me a favor?"

"What's up?"

Jaeho pulled a book from out of his backpack and handed it towards Melanie.

"I forgot to give this back to Jake yesterday. Do you think you could give it back to your boyfriend for me?"

Melanie quietly stared at the book Jaeho held, The Little Prince. She hesitated as she assumed everyone would have known the two had 'broken up' since the two of them never sat together in class after that. However, she wasn't even aware that Jaeho and Jake shared a different class.

"Oh, yeah, sure, Jaeho, I can do that for you."

Melanie slowly took the item from out of his hands. Not having it in her to make the situation awkward. Jaeho shot Melanie a grateful look.

"Thanks. Tell him 'thank you' for letting me used it for my project and sorry for keeping it longer than intended."

"Yeah, will do, and no worries."

"Anyway, have a great summer vacation, Youngseo."

"Yeah, the same to you, too."

Melanie stared at the book a little longer before putting it inside her backpack. She wondered if she could give it to to someone else to give it back to Jake instead.

Serena hummed in a good mood while on her way to the cafeteria as she was done with finals for the week until next Wednesday. Now, all she wanted to do was to get some food in her until the others were done with their own things. They were gonna meet up with Minwoo at a cafe near his work to go over the plans the quartet came up with for a weekend getaway date for Eunmi. Their sons weren't helpful and the four actually suggested for the cousins to help out instead. On her way to the cafeteria, Serena ended up running into Yonghee as the the two happily greeted one another with a hug while they caught up over a late lunch shortly afterwards.

"I can't believe you and I attended the same university, but didn't even know until you became my cousin's tutor." Serena remarked with a laugh as Yonghee agreed.

"Yeah, most definitely. I thought you wanted to attend Yonsei University or even Korea University?"

"I wanted to go to Korea University, but Hayoun had plans for Yonsei University. Yet after much discussion we settled on Hyebi University as we didn't want to be like our fathers with the whole school rivalry thing. It's quite annoying as they still have their school pride."

The two shared a laugh as they continued conversing as Serena spoke.

"Any plans for summer vacation?"

"Some friends and I are planning on touring Europe in late July."

"What? No way! That's super cool."

"Yeah, and you?"

"Going back home."

Yonghee nodded, chuckling as a memory resurface.

"If I recall, when you went back during winter holiday the first year of us dating, I freaked out that I couldn't get in touch with you."

Serena laughed upon remembering.

"Oh yeah. I broke my phone and had to get it fix which took forever. My parents wouldn't let me get a replacement until then. Wow, good times."

"Says you."

The two shared another laugh as Yonghee finished his meal and began cleaning up his mess.

"Anyway, I'm heading out. Will you be okay?"

"Always. Don't worry about me. You no longer have to do that."

"You've always been independent for sure."

"Mmhmm."

The two friends bid one another goodbye with Yonghee ruffling Serena's hair in the process.

"For old time's sake."

"Of course you would."

Serena slapped his hand away playfully before fixing her hair.

"Take care, Yonghee."

"You, too, Minseo."

Serena nonchalantly went back to enjoying the rest of her meal before hearing something being set down onto the table and the sound of the chair moving away. She glanced up to see Heeseung before her as he settled in the same seat that Yonghee had just occupied not that long ago.

"Hi." Heeseung greeted with a small smile.

"I'm not interrupting you, am I?"

Serena shook her head.

"No."

"Good."

He flashed her another smile before eating his own meal.

"So, who was the guy that just left?"

"Yonghee? He's a friend I knew back in high school. He attended a different school than you and I."

Heeseung nodded as Serena wondered if she should revealed that he used to be her ex-boyfriend as well, but it's not like Heeseung needed that information though yet she provided the information anyway to clear out any confusion in the future.

"He used to be my ex-boyfriend, too."

"Oh, I see."

Serena observed Heeseung as he kept his head down, continuing to eat his food, not looking at her. She wasn't sure if he was upset or just didn't care about the little information she mentioned, but Serena re-directed the topic elsewhere.

"So, Heeseung, nervous about the showcase coming up this weekend?"

Serena observed Heeseung a little.

"Which means you should be at dance practice instead of here, right?"

"Thanks, Hayoun." Seoyeon thanked her friend as she and her boyfriend, Choi Seokjun, huddled around Hayoun's camera.

"You're welcome. Glad to help out."

Once her finals were done for today, Kierra planned out the requests from her couple friends' to do a photoshoot as campus couples. Seoyeon and her boyfriend were the last ones. Kierra observed the couple before her as they gushed lovingly at the images she had captured of them. Both Seokjun and Seoyeon wore couple clothes and Kierra found it adorable, but could never see herself doing something like that though.

"I like this one a lot." Seoyeon pointed to one of the photos.

"And this one."

He glanced at Kierra, curiously.

"Could I have copies of this, too?"

"Oh, yeah. Definitely. I can just send them to you online or would you prefer physical ones?"

"Both!" Seoyeon answered instead with a giggle.

"I want copies, too."

Kierra smiled.

"Of course."

They returned Kierra's camera as they bid one another goodbye while they went on their date. Kierra's brows furrowed, wondering if Seoyeon was skipping out on dance practice today as the showcase was just two days away. Somehow this thought led to her to thinking of Jay and she scowled, wondering why her mind did that.

"I hope I don't see him at all today though."

She groaned while rubbing her face with her free hand.

"I don't need the distraction."

"I hope you're not talking about me."

Kierra instantly froze, recognizing the voice interrupting her small moment as she looked up and over at the person that she had indeed been talking about.

"I am."

She might as well be honest about that despite feeling oddly weird ever since their hang out at the tea house. After that day, Kierra wondered if it was considered a date of sorts and realized compared to hers and her sister and younger cousin's so-called dates, she's hung out with Jay like that just the two of them a little too often than even two friends would.

"What do you want?"

Kierra turned away from Jay and back to her camera as the corners of Jay's lips quirk upward.

"So, you're back to being mean to me again? I thought we established a better relationship between the two of us at the Eerang cafe."

Kierra faced Jay with a teasing a smile.

"Yes, Jay, I am, and as for that, it's a different matter."

She changed the subject to focus the attention elsewhere.

"Anyway, aren't you supposed to be on your way to dance practice or something?"

"Yeah, but I got time until then."

Kierra made a face, still going through the photos in her camera.

"Well, I'm on my way to meet up with Minseo and them. So I-"

Jay remained nonchalant and cool.

"No worries. I can tag along until I need to go to practice."

He flashed her with his ever-so-charming smile.

"So, I got time until then."

"Seriously?"

"Mmhmm."

Kierra sighed deeply while gathering her things.

"Fine, Jay. I just don't know why you're so persistent though."

"Because I like you, Jung Hayoun." Jay confessed with no hesitation and all with a genuine feeling behind it.

Kierra froze in mid-swinging her backpack on and stared at Jay. A sweet smile graced his lips as his face softened upon looking at her. Just as she opened to ask him to repeat his words, Kierra closed it, thinking otherwise. Jay watched as Kierra tried to say something, but remained speechless. Just as Jay opened his mouth to comment something, Kierra held up a hand to stop him from speaking before running away towards the school's gates. Jay scratched his head, wondering if he should've waited to confess, but the words came out before he could even process that thought.

"I'll just message her later. She can't continued to ignore me forever. Right?"

Jay sighed as he made his way to the dance department. However, later that day, Kierra did ignore his messages and told the other three she wasn't feeling well and went home earlier without telling them. 

"Okay, Uncle Minwoo, these are the completed itineraries for your getaway weekend with Auntie Eunmi next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday."

A couple of days later, the cousins assissted their soon-to-be-uncle-in-law on this special date despite having their own things to do like planning on what to pack back home for summer break and helping Simplistic find new employees, too.

"Thank you all so much."

Minwoo cast them with a thankful look.

"Yes, thank you. Now, how should I repay you four."

"You don't have to." Melanie dismissed the idea, but Minwoo insisted.

"I insist. Y'all have been much more helpful than my son and soon-to-be-future-son-in-laws. It could be anything? Just name it."

"Okay, food." The cousins answered with a chuckle as Minwoo laughed.

"That's it?"

"Mmhmm."

"You can treat us out to dinner tonight." Linna suggested as Minwoo laughed at their simple request in good nature.

"Okay, then. What do you four want to eat for dinner?"

"Hi, may I get the Bas Burger Set, Double, please."

"I would like the Mushroom Burger Set, please."

"Yeah, can I get the Wasabi-Mayo Shrimp Burger Set, please."

"And could I have the Hawaiian Burger Set, please."

The four ordered their meals as Minwoo looked over at them, not ordering anything for himself.

"Anything else?"

"Uh..." The four looked at one another as they included two more items while facing the worker.

"Two Gucamole Dogs, please." Melanie and Linna chimed at the same time.

"And two orders of the Mac And Cheese Balls with Cheese Dip, please." Serena added a second later after confirming with Kierra.

"Okay, that's all." Minwoo informed the worker.

The worker nodded as he rang up the cousins' orders before stating the total as Minwoo paid for the four's meal as his 'thank you' to them.

"Thank you for the meal!" The quartet thanked him, taking their number as they walked towards a table.

"You're welcome and thank you."

Minwoo smiled gratefully as they bid each other goodbye. Once settled, all eyes were on Kierra.

"So, what made you really leave without waiting for us when we were supposed to meet at the cafeteria?" Linna asked first while Kierra hesitated in responding.

"Did something happened that day?" Melanie followed up as Kierra slightly nodded, still not speaking.

"Shake for bad or nod for good?" Serena suggested as a sheepish laugh left Kierra's lips.

She shrugged to the question before telling them what happened that day.

"Jay confessed to me earlier and I ran away from him. That's why I went home instead of meeting y'all."

"What?!"

"No way?!"

"Are you serious?!"

Serena recovered quickly and smiled playfully.

"I knew the situationship was gonna turned out like this, but I did not expect Jay to confess first though."

Kierra eyed her cousin.

"You thought I would confess first?"

"Yeah."

"Wow."

"Wait a minute. You're telling me that you ran away after Jay confessed that he likes you and you're over here telling me to confess to Sunghoon without running away from my feelings?" Linna remarked as Kierra shrugged, nonchalantly.

"Yeah. It is what it is."

The other two laughed as Melanie looked at her older cousin, curiously.

"So, what are you gonna do now?"

Kierra shrugged again.

"I have no clue. I mean, I have the one final and honestly won't be seeing him any time soon after that."

"The Summer Dance Showcase." Serena remarked as Kierra groaned.

"I totally forgot about that."

However she brightened up a second later.

"Then again, it's not like we're gonna meet up with them afterwards anyway."

"True, but who knows."

"Whatever."

"But do you like Jay like that though?" Melanie probed further, getting back on track.

"Remem

Please log in to read the full chapter