party

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"It's so freaking cold, man." Serena complained while shivering.

"And it's too eary for this, especially on a Sunday."

The quartet were currently on the rooftop of their home, co-owned by their fathers, while overlooking the city of their quiet neighborhood as they awaited for the early morning sunrise some time after seven. Linna and Melanie came into their sisters' bedrooms to coaxed the two into watching the first Seoul's sunrise of the 2023 new year and to wish on for some good vibes to began their new year, too. The four returned home late after hanging out with their friends and so the older pair were quite grumpy about being woken up while the younger pair had too much energy to continue to sleep in despite wanting to.

"It's because you're not wearing a puffer jacket, but a thick hoodie." Melanie deadpanned.

"Also, we're watching the sunrise which happened to fall on a Sunday, too."

"I know, but still, I had a thermal sweatshirt underneath last night, but took it off later on and just slept with my shirt instead. Anyway, this hoodie was also the first one I saw that was closes to me and put it on right away because two people wouldn't stop rushing us about it." Serena reasoned, still shivering.

All four wore hoodies, sweats, socks, and slippers to observe the scenery around them despite the chilly weather save for Serena as the other three also had on their puffer jackets to withstand the cold early morning weather. The trio offered each of their heat packs to Serena, which she graciously took.

"Anyway, why are we watching the sunrise again?" Kierra questioned with a yawn, uninterested.

"Because it'll be our first Seoul sunrise for the first day of the year." Linna explained.

"I mean, we always slept in on the new year back home so this should be added to our memories compare to previous years."

"I have enough memories." The older two chimed, yawning.

"Oh, just stay and then we can go back to sleep for a while after it's over." Melanie told them with her phone ready to capture the view.

Linna did the same thing before casting the other two with a weird look.

"Yeah. I thought y'all like the whole scenery thing."

"We do, but it's too early for this ." Kierra responded with another yawn as Serena nodded.

"Yeah, for reals."

However, amusing thoughts swirled around Serena's head as a slow smile graced her face.

"Anyway, here's to a new year of y'all chasing after your boys and making even more memories with them."

The other three glared at her.

"Shut up."

Serena giggled, but frowned after hearing their words.

"Let this be the year Serena has her own boy problems!" Melanie wished into the morning air.

"Yes, let Serena get a taste of her own medicine!" Linna chimed in soon after.

"And let that boy be Lee Heeseung!" Kierra added, laughing.

A moment later, the sun slowly rose a few minutes before eight and they wished each other a happy new year, remembering that they haven't done it yet. They watched as the colors in the sky changed with an awe look before heading inside after taking a few more pictures. The older pair return to their rooms to get in another two hours of sleep while the younger pair went about getting ready for work unlike their sisters even though they worked at the same time.

"If you two lose, then you'll have to give us kisses on the cheeks." A friend, Nicholas declared, smiling.

"If you win, then we will give you kisses on the cheeks."

"What's up with you and kisses, Nicholas?" Serena remarked with a laugh.

"Don't you have admirers that you can do all that stuff with?"

The cousins attended a female friend's birthday party and Kierra and Serena were currently playing a game against Nicholas and EJ.

"You know you and Hayoun love my kisses."

Nicholas blew them another playful kiss as Serena smacked the invisible kiss away.

"You're such a flirt and I'm pretty sure there's someone that likes you a lot, but unable to confess because of it."

"Who?"

He shot Serena a look as Serena shook her head.

"I ain't telling you since you're oblivious. Anyway, if Hayoun and I win, then you two have to give us piggy-back rides back to Girls One's house instead."

That house belonged to Woojoo, Sujin, and a few others as Girls One was one of the nicknamed of the homes of their female friends to tell which house was who for easier comprehension. Girls Two was the house they were partying at the moment. The same went with their male friends in a similar manner.

"Oh, are y'all staying with them tonight?" EJ asked.

"Mmhmm. Their place isn't as packed as this house." Kierra stated.

"Also, it'll be late to go back home after this since we're all drinking."

"Then EJ and I will just have to win then to get them deserved kisses."

Nicholas swung an arm around EJ's shoulders.

"Right?"

"Yeah." EJ agreed half-heartedly, but laughed nevertheless as he looked at the female duo.

"Now let's finish this game."

"Fine by me." Serena responded while shooting her ping pong ball, making it in.

"Whoo!"

The cousin high-fived as Kierra readied herself to shoot and also made it in a second later.

"Drink up!"

The male duo drank with the others around them while cheering for either team, wanting to see which one would win. Soon the pair won with Kierra making the last cup, causing the two males to down the rest of the remaining cups.

"Yay!" The cousins cheered as Serena faced Nicholas.

"Will you be able to carry me later?"

"Yeah...no." He responded with a giggle as he leaned onto a giggling EJ as well.

"Can you?" He asked his friend as EJ shook his head.

"I don't think so either."

The two let out giggles and just as they were about to drink some more, Serena took their cups from them.

"No more. We'll finish these."

Both Kierra and Serena drank both cups despite Nicholas trying to grab his cup back.

"I said no more, Nicholas."

Serena blocked him from reaching for his cups.

"But I'm not done yet, Park Minseo."

"No. I don't know why she would like someone like you."

"Who? Tell me."

Nicholas clung to Serena a she eyed the male and push him off of her her.

"Not telling and you need to figure that out yourself."

"Ugh, fine. Meanie."

"Good. Y'all need to sober up."

"Me, too." Kierra chimed in.

"I need to sober up, too. I can feel it hitting me now."

"Come sober up with us then."

EJ motioned for her to join them, but she dismissed him.

"Nah, I'm done for tonight and who knows if Nicho will try to give me kisses in the process."

Kierra shot Nicholas a playful look as he grinned at her while wrapping an arm around her and pulling her closer to him.

"Do you really think so lowly of me?"

"Yes."

The two shared a giggle as Nicholas leaned his head against hers.

"You always play so hard-to-get."

"No I don't."

"Yeah, you do, especially evading one particular person I know."

Kierra's brows furrowed.

"Who?"

"I'll tell you if you get Minseo to tell me about the person who likes me."

Kierra shrugged Nicholas away from with a nonchalant manner.

"Yeah, nevermind. I don't need to know that badly."

"Oh, c'mon. Please?" He begged, but EJ intervened.

"C'mon, Nicholas. Let's go chill over there."

EJ pulled his friend away as the pair bid the cousins a wave.

"Alright, now are they done playing their own beer pong game?" Serena said as glanced to the other tables.

"Oh, there."

Kierra pointed to the furthest table from them.

"They're going up against Fuma and K."

Murata Fuma was another of their friends.

"And apparently are winning against them."

The cousins got closer and watched their sisters finished the game against the male duo.

"No!"

"Yay!"

Came the two different responses.

"Hey, Minseo. You saw that Youngseo's elbow passed the table when she threw that last shot!" K called out to Serena.

"Right? You saw that, right?"

"Hey, I did not." Melanie disagreed.

"And don't bring her into it since you lost."

"Because she always takes my side that's why."

"Only because you're too clingy." Serena remarked as K pouted.

"Hey, don't say that. No, I'm not."

"C'mon, K. Let's just drink up and play another game." Fuma said as he handed K his cup of the remaining drinks on the table.

"Okay. Let's play another round."

The two males cheered as they giggled.

"No way, you two." Linna declined.

"I ain't playing another round with y'all. You two are too tipsy."

"No we're not." The two denied while giggling some more.

"Yeah, y'all go over there and sober up with EJ and Nicholas." Serena ordered the two as she grabbed their cups from out of their hands.

"Now, these are mine."

She blocked them from reaching for the cups as Kierra helped her to shoo them away to join the other two to sober up.

"Go chill and then we'll talk about another round."

"Okay. Another round for sure when we sober up." K repeated as the cousins nodded while the two went to join K and EJ.

"How are you feeling after drinking some more?" Melanie asked her sister as Serena finished the two drinks.

"Peachy."

Serena flashed her smile, knowing her sister knew she wasn't, while setting the cups onto the table and faced the younger two.

"So, are we done for the night?"

"Yeah." The younger two replied.

"But I think I need to sober up before we go though." Melanie said as she rubbed the side of her head.

"I'll get you some water or snacks to help you." Linna offered as she walked off first.

"And I'm gonna use the toilet." Kierra said as she, too, followed after her sister.

"Okay, so you," Serena pointed at her sister while pointing to the other side of the backyard, "Go chill with the others, needing to sober up."

"Yeah, yeah." Melanie dismissed her sister while already making her way towards that direction.

As for Serena, she pulled out her phone to messaged the others about leaving soon, not sure if they were ready to go or not. However, in the process she had turned around to walk off somewhere yet had taken a few clumsy steps. A hand immediately came out to steady her.

"I guess you're clumsy off the ice, too. Or is that just the effects of the alcohol?"

Serena briefly glanced at the person to see Heeseung, noticing a red flush on him.

"I guess to both, maybe? However, I noticed that you're way drunker than me, Heeseung."

"Nah." He giggled as she eyed him.

"Okay."

Heeseung giggled again before admitting a little bit.

"Maybe just a little though."

Heeseung chuckled as Serena smiled.

"Anyway, thanks, Heeseung."

"You're welcome, Minseo."

Heeseung flashed her a warm smile while letting go of her upper arm. Serena unconsciously rubbed at the spot that his hand was just at with her free hand, feeling weird about it, and remembered that she was supposed to contact the others upon seeing her mobile phone. Before she could excuse herself, Heeseung spoke first.

"So," He began as Serena tilted her head out of curiosity in wondering what Heeseung wanted to say to her.

"Hmm?"

"I shouldn't have agreed to a game with those two." Melanie muttered, rubbing her temples.

"Then again, Jiyeon wanted to play before school started up again. Of course, it's my fault for drinking more than I should have though."

She continued rubbing at her head while slowily making her way to the others when a water bottled popped up in front of her, causing her to stop in her tracks.

"Sorry, Youngseo, I didn't mean to frightened you."

The familiar voice came as she saw that it was Jake that offered her the drink.

"I watched you playing earlier and for your safety got you some water to help you out."

Melanie still seemed hesitant, but noticed that the bottle itself hasn't been opened.

"Um, thanks."

She shyly smiled as she took the offered drink as Jake smiled in return.

"Welcome."

His face became amused upon seeing Melanie struggle with opening the water bottle. He wanted to offered his help, but saw how determined she seemed in wanting to open the bottle by herself and didn't intervene. Melanie suddenly felt like she was being watched intently and l

Please log in to read the full chapter