boys

let me in [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I can't believe our moms updated all these photos and videos of us on their Facebooks just now." Melanie commented, lounging on a bean bag alongside Linna as she agreed with the other two sharing the sofa.

"I know right. They even posted the same type of photos yet at different times and posts."

"Oh, yeah, most definitely so annoying."

"Who sent them the photos and videos though?" Kierra inquired as Serena answered.

"The boys. Like always. They even sent them the ones that they took on our phones, too."

"Right, but I thought we told the boys not to share the Anime Expo one. No? We made that so clear."

"That one was strictly Hannah and Alex." Serena clarified with a shake of her head.

"They can't say no to our moms at all."

"Psh, so true." The other three agreed.

"They even had to share the clip of me falling into the water when we went pier fishing, too." Serena scoffed.

"I didn't even know Victor was filming me."

"Victor was filming everybody that day." Melanie remarked with a laugh.

"He got the video where the seagulls chased Tommy and Jackie because they kept teasing the birds with their food.

The other three laughed at the memory as Linna recalled another moment.

"Don't forget about the beach one where Serena tackled Corbyn, but he ended up throwing her into the waters."

"Ugh, don't remind me." Serena groaned.

"I almost got swept away by the current."

"Yeah, well at least you didn't get buried by Jeffrey and Evan as a part of their so-called sand castle." Kierra responded with a click of her tongue.

"I was trapped for like ten minutes."

"I'm pretty sure Carmina had to rescued you out of that." Melanie remarked as Kierra nodded.

"Yes, thank goodness they did because Evan and Jeffrey basically forgot about me when they went to play football with the others."

"Oh, true."

The four reminisced some more as they scrolled through their mother and aunt's facebook pages.

"Our moms really got all the photos and videos of us throughout the summer from the boys." Serena stated with a shake of her head.

"I'm pretty sure this is the most content that they've got of us in all our lives."

"Nah, for real." Linna agreed.

"Us playing sports. Us eating. Us dancing. Us doing almost everything and anything this whole summer, basically. Wow, I can't believe there's even one of me and Melanie just sleeping. That's so embarrasing."

The others laughed, agreeing with Melanie speaking next.

"Honestly, just us minding our own business and they always wondered why we rather not get photographed or share the ones when we're in Seoul."

"Always." Kierra and Serena chimed in unison before Kierra frowned upon seeing a few familiar clips.

"Did the boys really send our moms these TikToks of us?"

"Yeah. I thought you already knew that." Linna commented as Kierra shook her head.

"Nah, but I knew I should've seen this coming though."

"Yeah, pretty much." Serena agreed.

"I don't know why we never learn though. They always get the best of us."

"For real."

"Hey, y'all's dad is on Facebook live right now." Linna said, noticing her uncle going live.

Melanie groaned.

"He's been on Facebook live since we've come back."

"Nah, for real." Kierra agreed, nodding.

"My dad has been doing the same, too."

"He's on Facebook live, too." Linna stated, giggling.

The quartet were hanging out at Serena and Melanie's house as it was just them while Kierra and Linna's house was being used to entertain their parents' friends and the pair didn't want to be around that since no other young adults or kids would be around.

"By the way," Linna interjected, wanting to slightly change the topics.

"What should we tell our friends back in Seoul?"

"What do you mean?" Kierra and Serena chimed, not remembering.

"About who the boys are and if any of them are our boyfriends." Melanie explained.

"Oh. That's gross. I totally forgot about that."

"Forget that. I don't wanna tell them anything."

"Yeah, they don't need to know."

"They're pretty persistent though." Melanie remarked with a laugh, checking the KaKao chat instead.

"Yeah they are." Linna agreed, also checking the KaKao chat.

Serena sighed.

"Well, we need to clarify the blood-related one to us though so they don't actually start shipping us. Some of them are already telling us how cute we are with a few of them and that's just so gross to be honest."

"Yeah, right. They wanna ship us with you know who back in Seoul anyway." Melanie remarked with a knowing look.

"No way some of them would allow us to be with someone else than the ones they know or think we like."

"Oh, so you do like Jake then?" Serena teased as Melanie shrugged with a small smile.

"Maybe. Maybe not."

She eyed her sister.

"Do you like Heeseung?"

Serena shrugged with a smile.

"Maybe. Maybe not."

"Ugh, I can't take it anymore. I really do like Jay." Kierra suddenly and unexpectedly confessed.

"Like, like like, him."

"Whoa."

The trio faced Kierra, surprised. Kierra awaited for the teasing, but none came. Kierra looked at them, curious.

"Y'all aren't gonna tease me?"

"No." The replied as Kierra's brows furrowed.

"Why not?"

Serena gave her a look.

"Because you actually acknowledged your true feelings for Jay."

Kierra groaned, placing her face into her hands.

"I know, but like, ugh. I'm not ready for this."

Linna chuckled, nodding understandingly.

"Yeah, I agree that none of us are, but it is what it is."

Kierra glanced up at the others.

"So, I like Jay and now I just need to give him an answer like Linna does to Sunghoon."

"Yeah, pretty much." Melanie responded as she made a face.

"Okay, I like, like Jake, too. I kinda miss him."

Linna chuckled.

"So, Melanie now need to confess her real feelings to Jake when we go back, too."

"True." Kierra agreed.

The trio looked at Serena as she just stared at them.

"What?"

"Your turn."

"Oh, I dunno. Heeseung's cute, but it hasn't settled in yet that I may actually like the guy as more than a friend."

Serena chuckled as Melanie shot her sister with a judging gaze.

"Girl, you've been hugging and talking to that BiHye plushie since we came home. Of course, it's settled and you like him as more than as just a friend, but like always you're just in denial of your feelings."

Serena laughed with a nod.

"Yeah, so? The dragon is cute. Anyway..."

Serena shot them all a nonchalant look.

"We shall see how things go when we return though and how I actually feel about Heeseung for sure. However, I would rather not let the others know because it was fun messing with them for a while now."

"You would." Melanie commented as Serena shrugged.

"Oh well."

The four laughed at the overall situation now that it basically settled amongst them despite now having to involve the other party. However, that made them think some more of him and that they'll be returning to Seoul in less than a week. Even though throughout the month of July, each pair have been messaging each other more often and even have had constant phone or video calls every now and then, too. However, the more she had these interactions with him, the harder it was for her to deny the growing feelings she had for him. She guessed that the idiom, distance makes the heart grow fonder, seemed fitting at this point. 

Linna was in the midst of her nightly skincare routine when Sunghoon video call and she debated if she wanted to answer or not due to wearing a sheet mask. At the moment she was in the midst of watching her drama series, but propped the phone better so that she can see the caller better and vice versa before answering. Because she wanted to be comfortable with him even like this and this would depend if he was, too, or not.

"Hi, oh. Sorry. Am I'm interrupting you?" Sunghoon asked in mid greeting upon seeing Linna wearing a Hello Kitty design sheet mask.

"I can call back after you're done, Jiyeon."

Linna smiled, but shook her head.

"No, you're fine, Sunghoon. I'm just doing my nighttime skincare routine."

"Oh. Are you sure?"

"Yes. I have another minute before I remove it. By the way, hi."

"Hi."

Sunghoon watched Linna for a few seconds as she continued with her activity. Linna's eyes flickered from her mirror to Sunghoon's small figure on her phone before back to organizing her products.

"So, did you call just to watch me or was there something else?" She mused a moment later, enjoying teasing the male upon hearing his stuttered with responses.

"I, well, um, you, I, uh, so, yeah, no."

Linna laughed, removing the sheet mask and then started applying some eye cream around her eyes. She continued the conversation as Sunghoon stayed quiet.

"So, how's your day going?"

Sunghoon seemed at ease now.

"It's going well. I went to a brunch cafe and had a strawberry mango slushie."

"Oh, nice. Is that all you had?"

"No."

Sunghoon chuckled as he continued while Linna finished applying cream and focused her attention onto her phone device.

"I also had a fruits crepes. There were a lot of fruits on it."

"Sounds delicious. I always wanted to try Tteuran Teahouse, but never found the time to check it out."

"Hmm, when you return, Jiyeon, we can visit the place together."

"Oh, as in like a date?" Linna mused in a playful tone with Sunghoon smiling, but confirming that it would indeed be one.

"Yeah, it can be a date if you want to."

"I'll think about it."

Linna smiled as she started applying moisturizer onto her face. Sunghoon slightly rolled his eyes, but a ghost of a smile lingered on his lips.

"Anyway, are there any other cafes you wanted to visit, but haven't found time to go?"

"Oh, yes. There'sa lot since I started living there."

"Is it because you had no time or someone to go with?"

"Um, both, but more on time although I don't really like going to places on my own."

"Well, you have me now, Jiyeon."

Linna caught his smile as she shifted her gaze to her reflection while talking again.

"Um, yeah I do, but um, some of the places I want to visit are Nuldam Space, Onion Cafe, Daelim Changgo, Soha Saltpond, and Hyemindang for sure."

Sunghoon smiled, nodding attentively as the two continued to converse about more cafes before switching to various topics until the two bid each other goodbye as Linna prepared for bed and Sunghoon would continued to go about his day.

"Ooh, dang."

Melanie settled into her bed after finishing her nightly routine and was now catching up on one of her drama series when a video call by Jake came through.

"Hmm, should I answer or not?"

Melanie answered the call while re-positioning herself to lie on her stomach and propping her phone against her pillows to stay upright.

"Hi, Jake." She greeted first with Jake greeting her a second later, a smile on his face.

"Hi, Youngseo. Did I call at a bad time?"

"Nah. Just watching one of my shows."

"Oh, what are you watching?"

"Um, it's called Station 19 and it's about a group of firefighters."

Melanie briefly explained the show as she wasn't sure how to explain it to Jake, not knowing if he did watch stuff like this or not.

"Oh, interesting."

"Mmhmm. So, what are you calling about for today, hmm?"

Jake chuckled.

"Why do you think I always gotta have a reason to talk to you?"

"Because you always do." Melanie remarked with a small smile.

"So, what is it?"

"Alright, you got me." He admitted with a laugh.

"I was wondering if you're still in need of my tutoring for the fall semester?"

"Hmm, are there gonna be any issues if I don't?"

"Well, I'll be sad if you find another tutor."

"I'm pretty sure you were jealous the one time I had another tutor teach me math that one day."

"I wasn't jealous, Youngseo."

"Right. Says the one when I was gonna go back to him that one time, too, after our so-called break up."

"Things happened that time, but not now since we figured all that stuff out."

"But did we?" She teased as Jake rolled his eyes, but a hint of a smile graced his features.

"Yes, we did, Youngseo and we'll leave it at that."

She giggled, seeing Jake pout afterwards, enjoying teasing the male.

"Anyway, yeah, I'll be in need of your services again, Jake."

"Lovely, glad to hear because I personally just wanna tutor you."

"Really? No other motive behind it?"

"Hmm, maybe."

He giggled as she smiled, too. Soon the conversation flowed from various topics as the two conversed comfortably in both English and in Korean, becoming a routine between the two. The pair have been doing that lately since she's gone back home for the summer holiday. Anyway, some time during the call, Jake noticed Melanie drifting off to sleep and asked if she wanted to end the call. She declined and said she was fine, but a few minutes after saying that, Melanie fell asleep for sure with Jake chuckling.

"Youngseo?" He called her name softly, but Melanie didn't budge like previously.

Jake smiled as he observed her sleeping face a little while longer and even took a few screenshots for safekeeping.

"Good night, Youngseo. Dream of me."

Jake ended the call a few seconds later with a giddy expression.

"Hi, Jay. What do you want, hmm?" Kierra answered his video call as she went about her room, packing.

Jay watched Kierra go back and forth, but having a limited view of her room and of her whenever she went out of frame. His lips quirked upwards.

"Why are you always so mean, Hayoun?"

Please log in to read the full chapter