What Happened

Shining Stars

 

Falling Stars dorm:
 
Hana's Pov:
 
Miyoung was cooking in the kitchen while Hyun Jae sat on the couch, eyes glazed and eyebrows creased. I fidgeted from my spot on the couch, crinkling the empty candy wrapper in my hands.
 
Melody was an hour late.
 
I cleared my throat and looked up at Hyun Jae, who was still looking out the window. I had gotten up earlier to go help Miyoung with food but she had told me to go away and stay out of trouble. The television had been on for a while but for some reason it felt as if it was too loud.
 
So now we sat in the silent living room, except for the sound of frying and boiling in the kitchen. Sunddenly we heard the door opening and Hyun Jae and I get up from the couch.
 
The door opened, Melody…or what seemed to be Melody, stepped in. 
 
There was a loud clang as the spoon that Miyoung had been holding to fell to the tiled floor. 
 
Melody was covered, from head to toe, in dirt. There were bruises forming, cuts on her normally flawless face, and her lips cracked and bleeding. Her eyes were looking down at the floor.
 
"Melody." Miyoung took a step forward towards Melody who stopped in her tracks. Hyun Jae seemed to have frozen, and I looked shock. Miyoung took another step and then a couple more until she was running towards Melody, and grabbed her face in her hands. "What happened?"
 
"Nothin’, I’m okay." Melody mumbled, trying to pull away from Miyoung's grasp, but Miyounng didn’t move, trying to get Melody to look her in the eyes, so she could see the damage that was done.
 
“Look at me!” Miyoung ordered, her own eyes burning and then she froze. Her words seemed to have triggered a reaction from Melody that she’d never seen before.
 
Melody flinched, violently, shocked, Miyoungy let go and Melody stepped back, her eyes suddenly squeezed shut and her hands clapping over her eyes.  
 
“No no no-” Meldody whimpered. Miyoung felt paralyzed at the fear that broke through Melody's composure.
 
Then I shoved her to the side and she hit the wall. She started to shout out when she saw that it was me. Miyoiung fell into silence as she watched me with wide eyes.
 
I grabbed Melody by both shoulders and shook her. Her eyes opened in panic and her hands fell from her eyes, only to be held weakly out in front of me in a defensive position 
 
"Please don’t-"
 
"Melody, what happened?" My voice was bubbling with anger, and Meoldy flinched – again. 
 
"Please-" Melody started weakly, and looked up at me imploringly. 
 
"Don’t touch me," Melody whispered, and I heard not only pain in her voice, but fear as well. 
 
My hands fell from Melody's shoulders, and Melody nodded, seemingly in respect, before walking past me and as she brushed past Miyoung, Miyoung couldn’t help but grab her hand. Melody flinched again, and tugged weakly at her grip.
 
"Melody, what happened?" Miyoung asked softly. Miyoung pulled at Melody's hand, trying to get her to turn around, but worried about what she’d see in Melody's eyes.
 
"Please let me go, unnie." Melody's whisper was cracked. She stepped closer and noticed Melody's body tense up. 
 
"No." Miyoung said, before wrapping both arms around Melody's body. Melody's back was still to Miyoung, and I wondered if she was grateful for it or not. She sniffed Melody's hair, and smelled dirt.
 
Melody wrenched out of her grip, and spun around, eyes landing on Miyoung's widening ones.
 
"Don’t touch me!" Melody shouted out, her voice breaking with the sobs that were wracking her shoulders, and spun around, limping a little, making her way to her room. Everything was silent except for Melody's heavy breathing, silent sobbing noises. 
 
What had happened to Melody?
 
______________________________________________
 
hope you enjoy the update.
 
Remember to comment and subscribe!