Finding Out

Shining Stars

Tethelle's Pov:

 

It has been seven weeks since I last seen Minho, I still love him, very much, but I can't get the image of him and Starla kissing out of my head, and latly I have been feeling sick.

I ran for the bathroom and made it just in time, I slammed the door behind me, lifted the toilet lid, and puked my guts out, I groaned to myself and turned my face away from the toilet and flushed it, glad to have the goo dissapear from mysight, I turned to the sink and brushed my teeth in order to get rid of the bad taste lingering in my mouth.

After my clean-up, I sat against the wall and held my head in my hands, I moaned softly into his hands, rubbing my soft pale face, I just didn't understand, for the past few weeks, I have been vomiting non-stop, as much as it irritated me, the rest of the members, blessed their hearts and have been extremely patient with my toilet breaks, they tried to convince me to visit a doctor but I refused to, as I didn't feel that it was that important, dismissing it as food poisoning.

But, it had been a long time, it has been getting worse over the weeks, it went from vomiting only early in the morning, and increase to at least 3 times a day, and sometimes more.

"There must be a problem with me.." I thought to myself, "I mean who suffers from food poisoning for weeks, for crying out loud?"

I have not been eating much anyway, latly I just eat certain kinds of food, depending on my mood on that day, wait a second.

I lifted my head from my hands, my long brown hair brushing against my cheeks, my eyes widened and my mouth dropped open slightly.

My mind quickly worked everything into position, I gave a soft whimper at the conclusion, I stood up quickly, feeling slighty dizzy and made my wayto the mirror and examined myself.

Nothing different, except that I had bags around my eyes due to my lack of sleep and I looked thinner, I inched the bathroom door open just a little and looked around, the coast was clear.,no Meiying, Saya, Maroua, and most importantly, Vioelt, who has been watching me alot latly was not in sight.

I gave a huge sigh of relief and quickly ran down the hall, making my way to my room. 

"Tethelle."

I froze, as I turned, I saw Violet sitting on the couch with her arms and legs crossed, I smiled as she got up and walked over to me, pulling into our bedroom.

“Why did you pull me in here?”

“Tethelle, are you hiding something from me?” Violet asked, arching her eyebrow.

I looked at her with a confused look, “Eh?” I said tilting my head to the side and blinked at her.

“I’m your best friend, you can’t hide stuff from me.”

“I’m sorry, but I really don't know if I'm hiding anything.” I shook my head.

“Okay, then I'm going to start beating around the bush.”

 I nodded with a small smile.

“Are you pregnant?”

“What?”  

My eyes were wide open, I was in shocked, I can’t believe she just asked that question, Violet bit her bottom lip and looked at me, I didn’t know how to respond this.

“Tethelle, I read this on the internet, stay here and I’ll show you.” Violet said and went out of the room and came back with her laptop, she showed me an article. 

The title was, "I see a idol baby coming along"

The article said, "Once again, the hawk-like eyes of the reporters have spotted something, during the past six weeks, we have notice Tethelle's stomach," then it shows picture of me and the girls dancing and my shirt flew up a little bit revealing a little bit of my stomach, "In her choreography, she has to jump and she sometimes her shirt goes up a little but that’s not the probably, the thing that has got people’s attention is her stomach, her abs have disappeared and it seems like it’s been replaced with a possible baby bump?"  

I stopped reading and looked up at Violet, “I really don’t know if I am or not.”

“How can you not know, your stomach looks a little bit bigger, if you know what I mean.”

“But my abs disappeared because I didn’t exercise.”

“Right, and they also disappear when you’re pregnant, anyways, the only way we can know for sure is." Violet paused.  

"Is…” I looked at Violet.

“Well, have you had your time of the month?” 

“I don’t know, we've been so busy with promoting our song, I haven’t really worried about it.” 

Violet smiled at me, "I know how to find out for sure." I said, as I gathered up my hoodie, sunglasses, and car keys. 

"Where are you going."

"I'm going to the pharmacy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kept calm as I walked through the pharmacy, I convinced myself that no one would recognise me in my hoodies and sunglasses.

 I searched through the millions of boxes displayed and I picked one box and made my way to the counter to pay, the old man at the counter eyed me suspiciously.

I gulped, I blinked at the cashier and smiled, after a while, the he smiled back at me and handed me the box.

"Good luck with that, dear," the man patted my hand.

I smiled and made my way to the car to get back to the dorm. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I got back  to the dorm, I ran into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. 

I slowly plopped myself on the floor tiles and opened the box, inside was a white plastic stick with two little squares on it, plus, an instruction sheet, I pulled the sheet out and read it.

 "Remove test stick from kit, remember to read all instructions before beginning the test, hold the swab end of the stick in the urine stream for 10 seconds, place the stick in its holder for 3 minutes, you will know that the test is working when a blue line appears in the first window, if you see a blue line in the second window, no matter how faint, you are pregnant, if there is no blue line in the second window, you are not pregnant. 

How ridiculous,  who could pee for 10 seconds straight, I pushed those thoughts out of my head as I picked up the stick from the box and then wiggled out of myself out of my pants and sat on the toilet, as I positioned the stick in between my legs, I closed my eyes, breathe in deeply, and tried to count to ten.

 I was only able to count to 7 seconds before my bladder ran dry, nevertheless, I placed the plastic stick in its holder,  pulled up my pants, flushed the toilet, and sat back down on the floor. 

I closed my eyes and waited for 3 minutes, as I waited I though of Minho, about how much I loved him, how he care for me and take care of me.

Before I knew it 3 minutes had pasted, as I opened my eyes, I saw a flash of blue on the stick, I grabbed it, remembering what the instruction sheet said.

Two lines.

I dropped the stick and watched it fall to the floor, I smiled as I fell to the floor, my arms wrapped around my stomach, I pressed my palm against my tummy, imagining the feeling of little life growing in there.  

_________________________________________________________________________________________________