Post Partum

Shining Stars

 

Minho's Pov:
 
Tethelle tensed away from me when I got into the bed to cuddle her. I bit my lip and turned over, staring at the crib in the darkness. Tethelle wouldn't even touch Sabrina, why?
 
I couldn't help but sense that there was something wrong, but I just couldn't figure it out. I was trying not to think up stupid things, but I just couldn't see a valid reason for Tethelle's behavior. 
 
“Why won't you hold her, Tethelle?” I whispered.
 
“Because she hates me.” Tethelle's voice startled me. I hadn't realized that she was awake.
 
“She doesn't hate you, you're her umma and she loves you.”
 
“Then why does she scream any time that I touch her, she even looks like hse's going to start crying when I get close enough for her to see me.”
 
“She's just a baby, babies cry.”
 
“They're not supposed to cry when their ummas are around.” 
 
“I don't think I was never meant to be her umma.”
 
I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to me,“You're a great umma, the twins and I love you.” 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Tethelle's Pov:
 
I did my best to try and be a good umma, I wanted to take care of Sabrina, but she didn’t want me to take care of her. I was able to get away with it for three days. Minho would still come and sleep with me at night, he wouldn’t say anything when I whimpered when the babies would cry, and he didn’t yell at me for not touching Sabrina. Then on the third day he blew up. He grabbed Sabrina and came and tried to shove her into my arms. I wouldn’t take her though, I felt a horrible panic bubble up in my chest, and I practically flew to the other side of the bed. 
 
“Fine, don’t be a parent.” Minho yelled and walked out of the room. 
 
Sunddenly Violet walked into the room and sat down on the bed next to me. 
 
“Tethelle, what is wrong with you latley.”
 
“Sabrina doesn’t love me.”
 
“She is six weeks old, she doesn’t have an opinion of you.”
 
“Then why does she scream every time I so much as breathe around her, but then she calms down the second Minho touches her?”
 
“Minho said that you’ve only touched her two or three times since you had her, he said all you do is whimper and try to hide from your responsibility.” 
 
“I’m not a good enough umma to her!”
 
Violet sighed, “I think you have post partum depression, you feel sad all the time and you don’t think you deserve your family?”
 
I shook my head, “It’s common new mothers get it all the time.” 
 
 Before I could react Violet grabbed me and pulled me to living room. She plopped Sabrina in my arms, and just as I had expected she started to cry. I bounced her up and down like I had seen Minho and Violet do, I pressed a kiss to her tiny forehead but all she did was scream even louder.
 
Tears welled up in my eyes and started pouring down my face. Sabrina squirmed in my arms, I looked around and the first open arms I saw were Violet's. I put Sabrina down in her arms, covered my ears, and curled up in a ball on the ground. I heard the crying soften.
 
I was pulled to my feet again, and Sabrina was put in my arms once more, Minho looked up at me. He wanted me to be better than I was. 
 
“Like this, Tethelle.” I heard Violet behind me and then her arms wrapped around my waist, taking control of my arms. She rocked Sabrina, and held her closer to my body. Slowly Sabrina stopped crying and Violet stepped away, leaving me alone.
 
I waited for the screaming to start up again, but it didn’t. For the first time since I had given birth to her, she had fallen asleep in my arms, and my very presence didn’t make her scream bloody murder and it made me feel very good.
 
___________________________________________________
 
hope you enjoy the update.
 
Remember to comment and subscribe!