Chapter 6

Can I be her?

"We couldn't introduced ourselves last time because you kinda ran away." She said chuckling.

 

I didn't, I was just hesitant and it was actually awkward to be in front of them, they're popular in campus you know.

 

"Sorry.." I mumbled.

 

"It's fine. I'm Elizabeth but you can call me Lizzie. This is Daniel, Noah, Ethan, and Samantha." I shyly looked at them one by one. They are all smiling and waving at me.

 

I looked down. This is really.. I feel like I'm with celebrities. 

 

"I should formally thank the one who helped me, with knowing the name of course." Daniel said

 

"Ah.. right. Alexis.. Alexis Kira." I slightly smiled at them.

 

"Thank you, Alexis"

 

"Come in! You all look gorgeous! Especially you Danny." Ethan's Mom warmly greeted us. We all hugged her. "Ethan is just busy greeting other guests, there's a designated table for you kids." Then she called a helper to guide us.

 

Ethan's Birthday is celebrated yearly in his parent's house. They have this big hall specially for parties and gatherings.

 

I scan around looking for.. oh there she is. I excused myself and walked towards Madi. She must've been bored with a party full of old people haha, her Father is a lawyer and also a close acquaintance of Ethan's parents.

 

I saw her face brightened when I got closer.

 

"Oh, thank god! I was getting bored." She beamed. I laughed at her. Only the Sons and Daughters of their family friend and the Boy's swimming team of our Uni are the same age group with us here. Ethan is part of the Swim team.

 

"Come on, just join our table." I invited her. Of course I wouldn't let her be bored alone in this party, she's my friend.

 

"Are you sure? I mean it's fine–"  

 

"They wouldn't mind. And I think your Dad will introduce you to some boy here." I shrugged.

 

She clung on me quickly. "No way! Come on!" 

 

I cleared my throat when we sat. "Hey guys, this is Madison." I introduced her. They already know each other's names because of casual parties. But they haven't really met with proper introduction. 

 

Lizzie already knew her since they also have mutual friends. They started to have a casual talk. 

 

A few minutes later, Ethan's parents are already on the stage giving their speech for him and for all the attendees. 

 

Ethan also gave his appreciation to his parents and everyone. He even waved at our table and we cheered loudly. We look like kids noticed by a celebrity.


 

There are waiters serving food in every table. After this will be our surprise performance. 

 

Sam is sitting to my left so I handed her some glass of water.

 

"Thanks." I saw Madi on my right looking at me intently. 'What?' I mouthed and she just slightly shook her head.


 

"Let's go prepare while Ethan's gone." Noah said to us. Madi looks confused, I forgot to tell her.

 

"We have a surprise performance for him." 

 

"Really? That's cool!" 

 

Ethan saw us and he was surprised. "What are you doing there?" He shouted and everyone laughed.

 

"Hi! We are Ethan's bestfriends slash bandmates. For anyone who doesn't know, he's our drummer. This is dedicated to our boy! Happy Birthday!" Liz introduced.

 

Sam started the count by tapping her drumsticks 

3 2 1

 

She had a face straight out a magazine

God only knows but you'll never leave her

Her balaclava is starting to chafe

When she gets his gun he's begging, babe stay, stay
Stay, stay, stay

I'll give you one more time
We'll give you one more fight
Said one more line
Will I know you?

 

I looked at Ethan, he's smiling and he looks at us proudly. 
 

And when she's leaving your home
She's begging you to stay, stay
Stay, stay, stay

I'll give you one more time
We'll give you one more fight
Said one more line
There'll be a riot, cause I know you



Ethan hugged us all. We're all glad that he enjoyed. He looks so proud of us, he even teased Sam to exchange band position with him. 


The drinks are being served. What's a party without alcohol right? And of course, everyone doesn't want the night to end without hearing Ethan sing. So talented.

 

Your touch blurred my vision
It's your world and I'm just in it
Even sober I'm not thinkin' straight

'Cause I'm off my face, in love with you
I'm out my head, so into you
And I don't know how you do it
But I'm forever ruined by you, ooh-ooh-ooh

Can't sleep 'cause I'm way too buzzed
Too late, now you're in my blood
I don't hate the way you keep me up

 

Lizzie's enjoying the drinks too much. I just laughed and shook my head, she will complain again tomorrow  with a hang over. I glanced at Sam, she's just drinking lightly. Maybe because she would take care of Liz later.

 

I am washing my hands and I saw Madi looking at me in the mirror.

 

"You still like her." She said. 

 

"I never stopped." 

 

"I think.. you should give it a try." Should I?