Chapter 1

Can I be her?


l'm Alexis Kira, 19 sophomore at UCB, taking Business Course.


Another year, another...

"Alex my baby!!" yeah another eventful year.
 

Elizabeth "Lizzie" Anderson. My nemesis... kidding. Close friend of mine, a year older than me, she's taking Political Science. I met her in their high school senior year. A social butterfly.


"Did you eat a pack of chocolate? What's with your energy Liz?" 

 

"Aren't you excited? It's our first day back." she said. "Is your vacation tiring?"

 

"Yup, summer means business training liz." My family owns restaurants for business. They wanted me to be a part of it as early as now.
 

"Hey gays!" Daniel Lopez. Another friend of us. Totally gay. Same with liz he's also a year older than me, well technically all of my friends are. He's taking Computer science.


"Hey Danny, how's your vacation?" i said. 
 

"So many hot guys." Told ya. 


"Where's the gang?" Liz said putting her arm in my shoulder. There are six of us in the group and all of them are a year higher than me.


High school

"Hey Collins!" I stopped walking

 

"Yes Cap?" 

 

"You should skip the game tomorrow." 

 

"Why?" so your friend can substitute, i know. It's the championship game my parents could be there.

 

"Coaches from uni will be watching. You don't need that. Let Murphy play." I know her squad hate me for being part of the team and became the coaches' favorite. Like I wanted that.

 

"You should talk to coach about that, not me Cap." i said trying to get away from this conversation.

 

"Of course they will choose you, that's why I'm telling you to not go. Pretend your sick or what." She said getting annoyed. I scoffed.

 

"Should I just break your arms?" I saw her squad walking towards us.

 

"Stop bothering the kid, Kelly" I heard someone behind me. A familiar voice, Elizabeth.

 

"Already in HQ, come on Noah brought coffee for us." 


Our HQ is the music room. They have a music band, they've been performing since high school. Here's the story, on their freshmen year they kept playing instruments on different parts of the Uni, their group is already famous because of competitions. 
 

Campus head keeps on telling them to just always ask for the music room since no one else uses it, in the end they basically gave the keys and gave permission to have the room. 
 

That room became their sanctuary, no our sanctuary. 


"I missed you guys!" Liz shouted. Seriously her energy is in another level today.

 

"Liz you're absorbing Alex's energy let go of her." Noah Davis the big brother. He's the mediator, he's been taking good care of me and us, also my cousin is his Girlfriend. Same as Lizzie, he's a PolSci student.

 

I scanned the room, i kinda missed this homey vibe. I saw Sam and Ethan laughing at the dining table. Cool right? This big dusty room in the past, was now designed as a cute comfy home. 

 

"Sup Lexi!" Ethan Nicholas Smith. Heartthrob of the group. Famous drummer guy with a dimple. 
 

"Come have coffee before you all go to class." Noah called us. 

 

"Here's your iced chocolate baby girl." Noah really loves me. He always remember I don't drink coffee.

 

I pouted. "Thanks Noah". I looked at Sam. "Hey Azi" she smiled at me. Samantha Azalea Miller Lizzie's bestfriend. Ethan and Sam are Business students like me.

 

"We haven't seen you all break lexi." 
 

"Been busy with family matters." Mom wanted me to start engaging with their business. My family owns few restaurants around Cali.

 

"I heard art students from Bcc are looking for you." Danny said. I saw Sam eyeing me.
 

"Don't mind them they will stop eventually. It's Sanchez's fault." That human used my name for his stupid dates. 
 

"I think you have a magnet. You're adorable and charming they won't stop coming for you. It may become a competition on who will you date." Liz said laughing I throw a crumpled tissue at her. "What am I? A toy?" 

 

"Wanna date me instead?" She's been saying that for years now. "Haha funny Lizzie." I rolled my eyes. "I'll be going first, thanks noah, see you later humans." I said as I go.

 

"Want to date me so they won't bother you? I can handle them" she said laughing. I know her parents own the school. And she's kinda popular, well they all are.

 

"No thanks Elizabeth" I don't get why they always try to talk to me while I kept on ignoring them.

 

"Ouch. Rejected poor Lizzie" I heard her friend Daniel.

 

"Come hang out with us Alexis, it will be fun." The good looking guy said. Ethan

 

They're well known and everyone wants to befriend them. Because they look cool? I'm not really sure. I only know her before, but since I like watching their performances I get to recognize them all.

 

"What do i get from that?" "Vip ticket for the upcoming festival next week. Come on we will be performing." I eyed Elizabeth not budging "With a backstage pass?"

 

What will I do there "Okay a tutorial in Electric guitar with me."  Liz said. That's tempting, I wanted to learn how to play. Danny scoffed " No, you're just going to annoy her the whole session."
 

"Fine! Then tutorial with Sam?" I looked at sam, she smiled. "Hmm, deal" maybe that's fair enough.


"Alexis~" 
 

"Marcus" I answered not looking beside me. Marcus Sanchez a close friend of mine, only because he gives free food haha. He put his arms on my shoulder.

 

"Sorry for telling Hailey your contact number. She totally tricked me!" 


"You mean you were totally blinded by pretty girls." I said laughing at him. "Did she bother you?"

 

"Nah. Fortunately she only texted me once, asking me if I will be going to Madison's party"

 

She's been telling me that she's interested and wanted to catch up, hell we don't even sit in the same table. I am already ignoring her messages in my social media accounts and now she got my number.
 

"Will you go?"

 

"Nope" i emphasized the 'p' "And when will you stop using my name in getting girls? Seriously" 

 

"Lizzie will chase them away from you anyway. Besides you are already well known and also single. A gorgeous cold hearted famous athlete from UCB" he said wriggling his eyebrows.
 

I elbowed him in the stomach "Ow" "That was your fault too! You posted my picture." 


"Of you singing and playing guitar where you look really cool and pretty! I didn't know it would cause that much attention. That was amazing by the way" i glared at him.
 

"It was Lizzie's birthday, everyone basically knew her. Of course it would be attention seeking. And I don't even remember why you were invited that night." That was almost two years ago.
 

"Well, I'm your best friend" he said with a smug.

 

We went to class bickering.