Chapter 5

Can I be her?

I'm in my morning jog at the field of our Campus.

 

Who's that? She's so pretty. I saw someone at the bench near our School's entrance. I think she's waiting for someone. Four people then went to her, must be her friends. 


Walking in the hallway for my next class I saw the pretty girl again. She's a senior, based on the color of her necktie she's from 11th grade. She's talking with a friend I think, smiling suits her.

 

Her friend suddenly looked at me then she turned too, I avoided the gaze. 

 

"There's a band competition after class, let's watch!" I heard my classmate say. 

 

The bell rang and I immediately fixed my things. I should text our driver to pick me up now. I heard chattering as I was going down the stairs.

 

I saw her again with some people. One guy is holding a drum stick. Are they competing too? That's cool. I closed my phone mid texting. I should probably watch.

 

I went to the open field and sat in one of the chairs. Students love this kind of events huh. I looked around trying to find her again. What is this? I look like a creepy stalker. 

 

I saw them walking near the stage, they must be performing next. She's holding a red guitar.

 

Their performance is so good! I know they will win this.

 

It's getting dark. My driver already texted me, I should go home.


Seriously, I didn't know these kind of events are fun. Or did I just enjoy it because of her?


 

Weeks gone by and it's already a day before Ethan's party.


All of us are here at Lizzie's place except Ethan, we decided to stay here so we can prepare all together tomorrow.

 

Liz is playing the guitar. "What song should we perform?" They wanted to have a surprise performance as a gift to Ethan.

 

"Since Sam will cover the drums, you should play as our lead Lexi." Liz said. She's the Vocalist and Rhythm guitarist. Noah plays the bass and Danny in the Piano.

 

"Okay. But don't expect too much, I'm not that great." 

 

"Of course you are great, you learned from me." Sam proudly said.

 

"Should we do Boys like girls' song?" Danny said

 

"I'm not gonna sing The great escape wearing a dress." Liz complains. 

 

"5sos? Ethan also like the band." Sam suggested.

 

"I like Ghost of you, but I think it's too sad." Liz said while strumming the song.

 

"How about Paramore or The 1975? You guys used to play their songs." I suggested.

 

"You do watch our performances back then!" Noah teased me. Everyone smiled, I just shrugged smiling.

 

"We can try the songs, then choose later." Liz started strumming. Her Dad provided this soundproof room where they practice since they formed their band, their instruments are also here. 

 

 

"I'm starving, should we order food or do you guys want me to cook?" Noah asked. 

 

"I'm craving for chinese food, let's order." Danny is already browsing his phone. "Are you guys good with that?"

 

"Yup!" We said in unison.

 

After eating dinner we all washed up ready to sleep.

 

"It's still early" Danny whined.

 

"Should we watch a scary movie." Liz suggested 

 

"Hey.." I complained. No way, it's amost halloween.

 

"Why? Are you scared?" Liz teased me. 

 

"How are you scared of films but not scared of people? I remember when we first met you" Noah laughed

 

I was heading to my locker when I saw 3 jocks pestering someone. Isn't he..

 

"Come on Daniel my boy. You're a close friend of Lizzie just help me one time. Her number and I will stop my boys from bothering you." 

 

"I told you Josh, she's not interested." 

 

"Then I'll let you have one of my boys. I know you're gay and interested." They laughed. One of them even put arm on his shoulder. 

 

"Stop pissing me off!" He tried to push them. 

 

"You're the one pissing us off!" Then that guy pushed him in the locker. I sighed and put my things inside the locker.

 

"ing gay! You don't even belong here. Should i make you suffer?" I sighed again "I just wanted you're help with Lizzie why are you so petty?"

 

"I told you so many times, she's not interested!" 

 

He suddenly throw his ball to that Daniel's chest and again. What the hell? I walked towards them and with all power kicked his legs behind. 

 

He fell on his knees "WHAT THE ?!" They all looked at me. So irritating. I picked up Daniel's books and pulled him.

 

"You think you could get away with that?!" One of his boys blocked our way.

 

Daniel held my arm trying to protect me. "What? you're going to hurt a girl?" 

 

"And what if I do?" He held my arm more tight like signaling. Daniel then pushed him and pulled me to run.

 

We were almost in the open field when we bumped into his friends.

 

"What happened Danny?" His guy friend ask. Then they saw Josh and his boys behind us.

 

"What the hell Josh?" His other guy friend angrily asked. 

 

"That kid! Just hand her over Ethan and we're good." He said pertaining to me. 

 

"No!" Daniel shouted. 

 

"Get lost Josh." The other guy friend said.

 

"Are you both okay?" I just stared at her. With this close I can't even move.


 

"I can't believe you kicked him so hard. I thought you do Karate." Danny blurted. 

 

"If it wasn't because of Alex we wouldn't know those jocks were bullying you Danny." Noah said.

 

"Right! You didn't even bother to tell us." Lizzie said headlocking him. 

 

"Owww. Lizzie was so amazed when I told them what happened that day. That's why she started pestering you." Liz then pinched his side. 

 

"Hey that wasn't pestering! I was trying to recruit her to our gang." She beamed at him. 

 

"Still pestering. She even rejected your offer a multiple times." Sam added. Right I was being shy with the sudden interaction. I was used to only watching them from a far.

 

"You guys should be thankful that I didn't stop pestering Alex until she befriended us." Liz said sulking hahahaha.

 

We all laughed at her. Sam patted my head.

 

"Okay I agree with Lizzie on that." She said. I looked up at her.