Chapter 3

Can I be her?

"Kira"

"Hm?"

"Nothing, I like your second name."

"I like yours too. Azalea" "I'll call you Azi"

"Okay cutie" she laughed



"Kira"

 

It has been a few weeks since the start of this term and we're back to regular happenings.

 

"Hey Azi" I smiled at her "I was going to drive today, but since I saw you I'll hop on." I walked to her car.

 

She laughed at me "It's better if you keep on going to uni with me, I know your leg hurts with the training." Right, weeks of regular routine also comes with deadly training. 
 

"I often stay at the dorm when I get lazy anyway. You're early today, isn't your class starts at 10?" It's still few minutes from 7am.

 


She started driving "Yeah. I got something to do" she the radio. "Wanna grab some breakfast?"


 

"Sure" 

 

But I can see us lost in the memory

August slipped away into a moment in time

'Cause it was never mine

And I can see us twisted in bedsheets

August sipped away like a bottle of wine

'Cause you were never mine


Back when we were still changin' for the better

Wanting was enough

For me, it was enough

To live for the hope of it all

Cancel plans just in case you'd call

And say, "Meet me behind the mall"

So much for summer love and saying "us"

'Cause you weren't mine to lose

You weren't mine to lose, no

 

"Thanks for the ride and food Azi! I told you i'll pay."

 

She patted my head. "It's fine, maybe next time. See you later at HQ" I jog to the gym waving at her. 

 

I saw some of my team mates already warming up. 
 

"Low Alex. Bcc kids were looking for you last friday." My senior said. Madison really invited everyone huh.

 

"Right lex you were the talk of the town!" I glared at my other team mate. "I even saw the famous Hailey making out with some guy." Gross.

 

"Why didn't you go? Your friends were there tho."

 

"I chose to sleep"


"Aren't you friends with Kiarra? I saw her too." 
 

Kiarra Peterson she is actually the one and only serious ex of my dear friend Marcus. We three have been friends since we were kids, puppy love huh. They got together when we were in high school even if Kiarra attended a different school from us, and they both decided to be platonic when we entered senior year.

 

"Yup I am, she messaged me too asking me to go"

 

We started preparing for a morning run. We're the Volleyball team of the Uni. I played in high school but i stopped when I entered 11th grade because of some issues. Fortunately I fell in love with the game again when I entered college.


 

The team and I decided to have an early lunch at the cafeteria. Mostly to avoid people, like this one

 

"You look pretty today Alex and you girls too, have a nice day!" I just slightly nodded at him and sighed when we walked pass by.
 

"Sometimes I think Clifford is a good guy to date." She said looking back at him.
 

We all groaned at her. "Dina! Stop saying cringey things." Our senior, Kyla said. "Why? I think he's cool."
 

Clifford is the captain of the Swimming team, he is a respectful guy but a total playboy. He once pursued Lizzie but failed. He's also kinda close with Ethan.

 

Many student athletes are also taking their early lunch today, it's almost 11. 
 


I went to sleep at HQ since I still have more than an hour before class. 

 

 

I woke up hearing people chatting. "Good sleep?" "Yeah" I sat beside Lizzie who is sitting on the floor. 
 

Sam and Ethan entered the room with food. "Did you eat already Lexi?" Ethan asked me as he put what they brought on the table.

 

"Yes, I ate with the team earlier"

 

I put my head in Lizzie's shoulder. "Are you shopping again?" 

 

"Yep. I'm looking for something to wear on upcoming parties, like Ethan's world wide celebration." I laughed "That will happen in like 2 months? Why are you shopping this early?" 

 

"Excuse me, the party will be on October. It's September already next week." 

 

I still have 30 minutes before my class.



"You're preparing earlier than the birthday boy." Danny mocking Liz, she just make face at him.

 

Ethan's family is well known in Berkeley, his mom is part of the City's council, that's why his birthday celebrations are grand and full of politicians.

 

"Gotta go! I'll be staying at the dorm tonight. Don't worry about me." I said leaving the room.

 

"Don't forget to eat later!" Noah reminded me.