Chapter 2

Can I be her?

First day means nothing to do day.

 

"You need a ride again lex?" 

"No. I'll be going with one of the adults. Drive safe Marcus."

"K. Text me if you need anything." 
 

I haven't even decided where to stay tonight. I live alone in my condo few minutes away from here. I also stay at the dorm sometimes with some of my team mates. But since we don't have a training for a week I should go and check my unit.

 

I yawned while walking. "You look really tired Kira, did you drive from the airport?" Sam walked beside me.
 

"No, Marcus picked me up earlier. Are you going home already?"
 

"Maybe, I have nothing to do for today. Need a ride?" We live in the same condominium. My Dad bought that unit, and later I found out that Sam's family owns the buildings.
 

"It will be boring at home anyway. Let's just wait for them at HQ" 

 

Sam gave me a cup of juice. I think Noah already arranged the groceries here. "Thanks Azi. I wish i drink coffee so I can fight my sleepiness." She laughed at me.
 

"Noah keeps on treating you like a kid so I don't think you will ever like drinking coffee." I love the smell of coffee because that's what HQ smells like, but it's funny because I don't really like the taste of it.

 

"Look at this Liz, new pretty guy in my block." We saw Danny and Liz looking at his phone while entering the room.
 

"Really Dan, first day and you already took pictures." Ethan said behind them. 

 

Liz sat beside and hugged me. "Where's Noah?"
 

"He is going on a date with your dear cousin." Right, Avery also went home and have been busy all break. 
 

"I heard Madison is hosting a party next week, will you come lexi?" What's with people ang parties today.

 

"I heard Mills kids are also coming, should we go lizzie?" I teasingly asked her back. She once had a guy fling there and I know he won't be missing that party.

 

"I will pluck their eyes out." She answered. What?

 

"What's with MC?" Sam asked.
 

"That girl, Hailey. She's trying to flirt with Alex!" My eyes widen. That's not what I meant What the? How did she— they all suddenly looked at me.

 

"What?!" They asked in unison. Hailey I don't even remember her full name, a well known party girl. Well they knew her because of band competitions, I heard she was a vocalist. 

 

"Wait wait wait. I was trying to tease you on that half a year fling guy. And what the hell how did you know about that?"

 

That girl have been trying to reach out to me. She told me some of the scu students or athletes wanted to meet up with me, why would I accept the offer I don't even remember having the same interests as them. She said I competed with some of them in high school.

 

"See she didn't tell you also! I saw the picture I have a proof. You are so dead when Noah finds out." Seriously does Liz have a camera all around me? 

 

"About what?" Danny asked. That stupid party. "That term end party at Oakland." Liz answered 


"How did you end up there? You hated parties." Ethan asked me. I eyed Sam and looked back at Liz

 

"Hey, that was a misunderstanding. I didn't go to that party, it was a coincidence. I was visiting a friend that night." 

 

Liz then took out her phone and showed them the picture. It appeared like we are having a conversation but no. She grabbed my arm because I was trying to get away from her. 
 

"Look closely, I even looked uncomfortable." I uttered. I know they hate Hailey, that's why I didn't tell them that she has been bothering me since last term. Liz would totally start a war with her.

 

"Hailey is a big no lexi, remember that" Liz pinched my cheeks. I know who that hailey girl is, she's the reason why Sam and her ex broke up.


Sam cleaned the cups we used.

 

"Let's go eat out. I heard there's a new place few blocks away" 
 

"Make sure that's not a bar Ethan." Sam stated
 

"It's too early for a bar. Come on Let's use my car"



The place is pretty and the food is really great. 
 

"I'm so full, I can sleep peacefully tonight."

 

"Lexi you only ate pasta, are you sure you're full?" 

 

"Yup! Carbonara takes all the hungriness away" i said with a thumbs up. 


"Should we hang out at my crib tonight?" Ethan said while entering the university parking 

 

"Alex needs to sleep now. Let's do that tomorrow. I'll take her home. Let's go kid" Liz called me.
 

"She can go with me it's too far from your house."
 

"It's fine Sammy I'll be staying with her tonight, she needs help with cleaning." she patted my head.

 

"Are you my mom?" I waved at them. "Take care humans."

 

I yawned again inside the car. "Should I kill Marcus for trying to set you up with random people?" I laughed at her. "I can totally do that by myself don't worry."