Chapter 10

Can I be her?

Lizzie's fav humans

Liz: Rise and shine people! Who's riding with who?

Noah: Good morning, don't forget to double check your things. We can pick up anyone, I'm with Avery already.

Ethan: Let's use my Car Lizzie.

Sam: Danny do you want us to pick you up?

Danny: Nah, I'll go with Liz and Ethan. 

 

"Are you still sleepy?" Sam asked me. It's almost noon but I keep on yawning. We're here in my couch waiting for their go signal.

 

"I slept late last night while talking to Marcus about his love life." 

 

She laughed "How about yours?" She suddenly asked.

 

"What about mine?"

 

"Your love life." I avoided her gaze and laughed awkwardly.

 

"I don't have one. Let's go before I fall asleep here." I stood up to get my things.

 

"You can sleep later in the car. Let's grab lunch on the way." 

 

"I think it's just a 30 minutes drive, I'll be fine."

 



I played some music so we won't get bored along the way.

 

All I know is (ooh ooh ooh)
We could go anywhere, we could do
Anything, girl, whatever the mood we're in
Yeah all I know is (ooh ooh ooh)
Getting lost late at night, under stars
Finding love standing right where we are, your lips

 

The weather is great today, but I don't think we will swim at the beach It's still cold. Good thing the house has a really big jacuzzi where we can relax.

 

'Cause anywhere with you feels right

We both sang the chorus part.

Anywhere with you feels like
Paris in the rain
Paris in the rain

 

I smiled, this is nice. Car rides feels like our thing. Sam actually taught me how to drive.

 


"Do you want to learn how to drive?" We're here at Ethan's place playing a racing game in his console.

 

"Suddenly?" I won against her.

 

"Just a thought, you're good at this."  She laughed and put the controller on the table.

 

"You lost too Sam? I told you Alex is totally cheating!" Danny said. I glared at him.

 

"So? What do you think? I also noticed you love cars." I've been going home with her from time to time.

 

I also told the gang the story when one time they wanted to hang out somewhere and Sam had to bring a separate car for me. 

 

"I think that's a good idea. I would love to learn how to drive." 

 

Sam was very patient in teaching me. It was scary at first but eventually I learned well. Dad was surprised that I've been trying to drive, he offered to find someone to teach me but I refused and said that it was more comfortable to learn from a friend. My parents got worried but they were proud and even bought me my own car.

 


"What are you thinking of?" She glanced at me.

 

"Just my first driving experience." 

 

After explaining every basic details, she encouraged me to start driving slowly.

 

"You don't have to learn everything fast, you can take your time. Tell me if it feels scary." She smiled and reassured me that I'm doing fine.

 

 
We arrived first, the house caretaker opened the gate for us. We settled our things inside and looked around. The scenery is so pretty not to take pictures. I also took a candid photo of Sam.

 

The others arrived a few minutes later.

 

"Finally! The smell of the ocean! I wanna swim." Danny exclaimed. 

 

"Let's swim in the pool later! I asked them to heat the water." Lizzie said. Right, there's also a swimming pool here.

 

"We can go to that famous museum tomorrow. I heard it's open." Avery said.

 

"Really? Okay great! Let's put our things in the room. You love birds can have your own room. Boys room on the left. And us pretty girls on the right." Liz instructed us.

 

"Thanks, Lizzie" Noah said.

 

Avery side hugged me. "How are you lexi?"

 

"I'm good! Completely healed."

 

"That's great. Did you like my gift?" Avery bought me a new shoes. We haven't met for awhile so she handed the gift to noah to give it to me.

 

"Yes! Thank you! I'll use it on my upcoming games." She smiled.

 

"Kira, let's go near the beach." Sam called me.

 

I hugged myself, the breeze is cold.

 

"Let me take a picture of you come here." I looked at her phone. "You look like a kid." She laughed. 

 

I also took her photos. Her wavy hair is blown by the wind.

 

"Your hair is getting longer." She brushed her hair with her hand.

 

"Should I let it grow or cut it again?" She had her hair shoulder length a few times.

 

"Any hair length suits you, but i like you hair now." Her hair grew a little below her shoulders.


Anything really suits her. She had a long hair when I first met her on my 10th grade. Then she cut it short when they were in 12th grade and let it grow when they entered college. 

 

"Really? Okay." 

 

We walked back to the house and rested while watching some vlogs.

 

 

"We'll buy foods and drinks." Noah said holding Avery's hands. 

 

"We'll go with you." Ethan pulled Sam's hood.

 

"Wait! Kira could you reach my phone at the table." I looked at the table and took her phone but a message popped up.

 

         Jules: Thanks, Az. I'll see you soon! :*

 

Oh.

 

I handed the phone to her immediately and acted like I didn't saw it.

 

"Thanks. Text me if you need anything." I just nodded at her.

 

"Buy a watermelon! It looks delicious." Liz said while a vlogger eating watermelon on the tv.

 

"I wanna swim, let's go swim." Danny invited us.

 

I changed and wore a long sleeve over my two piece.

 

Danny is already floating in the water when i went down.

 

"Is it cold?" 

 

"It's warm, come on." I walked to the stairs of the pool to sit. Liz came with her flashing red bikini.

 

"Ooooh y!" Danny cheered.

 

It wasn't that long when the others came back. Liz invited them to swim with us.

 

I got out of the pool to prepare what they bought while they change. I almost dropped a bottle when I saw Sam walking towards me, she's wearing a blue bikini under her opened thin long sleeve shirt.

 

She wrapped a towel in my shoulder.

 

"It's cold, you'll get sick." She said.

 

"Thanks." I muttered.

 

We ate dinner and chill at the pool while drinking few bottles of beer.

 

Lizzie back hugged me when we dipped in the pool again. I noticed she's going to the deeper part with me. Here's the thing, I can't swim.

 

"Hey hey!" I tried getting out of her grip. 

 

"I'll hold onto you, don't worry!" She laughed. She's just holding my arms now.

 

"Lizzie, Kira just recovered from an injury." Sam pulled me by the waist. She's not wearing her long sleeves now. Jesus.

 

"Hey Liz! Let's race." Danny called her.

 

We only stayed at the pool a few minutes more because it's getting cold already.

 

 

 

Liz's leg was on my legs when I woke up, I sat and glanced on Sam sleeping on her side with her back on us. I carefully removed Lizzie's legs to go to the bathroom.

 

It's just 7am so I decided to cook breakfast for them.

 

"Good morning. You're early" I saw ethan already making his coffee.

 

"Good morning. Maybe because we're athletes." I laughed. "I'm cooking breakfast." 

 

"Okay I'll help. I think we're going out at 10." We will visit a museum and then eat lunch somewhere.

 

"Liz wants to go drink at a bar later." She said since we cannot swim on the beach we should just enjoy our night out.

 

He's cutting the spam. 

 

"Did Sam tell you about Jules?" He suddenly asked. I continued on mixing the egg.

 

"No, but I heard about it." 

 

"She didn't tell me either, but I saw Jules and her dad on a business meeting I attended with my Mom. "

 

She didn't tell Ethan either huh, I also don't think Liz knew. Now that she's here again, are they getting back together?

 

"Good morning to you two." Noah entered the kitchen followed by Sam. 

 

I just continued cooking quietly. 


 

We all ate in silence. Sam placed a glass of juice in front of me when we finished. They offered to wash the dishes so I showered first. The day just started but I'm feeling gloomy already. I sighed.