Chapter 23

Can I be her?


I prepared extra clothes, just incase. Lizzie likes adventure too much, we might get wet or something.

 

Ethan told me that Ali and I should just ride with him and Sam today, it's better so we won't have to worry about many cars, the others are with noah. I invited Marcus and his girlfriend, I think they're going too. I also invited Madi, she said she'll try.

 

Ali texted me earlier that she'll have someone drop her off here since Ethan will pick us up. 

 

"You scared me!" I exclaimed seeing Sam when I opened my door.

 

"Sorry, I was supposed to ring your bell. I think Ethan is almost here so I was going to call you down." She laughed.

 

I got out closed my door, "Come on, Ali must be close too."

 

"Right, she's coming too." I heard her mumble something.

 

"Hmm?" 

 

"Nothing, does she like scary rides?"

 

"I don't know.. I told her what we're doing today, she didn't say anything about it. So I guess she's fine." 

 

We went inside the elevator. I didn't want to ask her or any one, but I think Jules isn't coming. I'm not curious, really.

 

"Why do you look so cute today?" She suddenly said.

 

"Really?" I looked at my outfit, I'm wearing a denim overalls with a shirt under. "Thanks, you're wearing a different style too. A familiar one."

 

I can see her toned abs with her cropped top.

 

"Plaided long sleeves are definitely familiar to you." She chuckled.

 

"Looks great on you."

 

I immediately saw Ethan and Ali talking when we got to the lobby. 

 

"Hi cutie!" Ali greeted me with full of energy.

 

I smiled at her, "You seem excited." I said.

 

"Let's go, we'll just meet the others there." Ethan said.

 

I sat in the back seat with Ali, I texted Marcus that we're on the way and he said they'll get going in a while too.

 

"What do you think is better, this one?" Ali swiped her phone, "or this one?" She showed two long gowns, she needs it for a corporate party her family has to attend. 

 

"I think the black one, I like its shiny style. It looks elegant." I said. 

 

"Right? I was thinking of that too. But doesn't it look too much?" 

 

"Of course not. Classy style suits you."

 

"Okay!" 

 

 

We arrived at the park in no time, the weather is really great today. Danny waved at us when we were walking towards them. 

 

"Hello Alicia!" Danny went closer to Ali to talk.

 

"What's with the cute outfit today?" Lizzie said putting her arms on my shoulder.

 

"I just found this on my closet, where's Noah and Avery?" 

 

"They went to the restroom. Do you remember the last time we went to an amusement park?"

 

"Yeah, you cried riding the roller coaster." I said laughing.

 

She pushed me, "Not that part! The one that got us all soaking wet."

 

"Oh, definitely. I'm ready now though, I have my extras." I pulled her when I saw a cotton candy stall, "Buy me this one!" 

 

"Okay, kiddo."

 

 

"So... what should we do first?" Lizzie asked looking at the map.

 

"We should try the mild ones for now. Good thing we're even in numbers, we won't have to worry about the pairing in rides." Danny said. 

 

"Why am I paired with you?" Lizzie asked Danny, we're actually positioned by twos.

 

"Sorry lady, I don't think you have a choice." Ethan .

 

"Come on, let's pick randomly per ride. For fun!" Danny suggested.

 

"We have two couples," Lizzie glanced at them, "what do you guys think?"

 

"We don't mind." Marcus answered. 

 

"Us too." Avery said.

 

"How about you?" I whispered to Ali.

 

"I also think it would be fun that way. Besides, I can get closer to your friends." 

 

"They're also your friends now." 

 

"We're settled then. Let's go have some fun!" Lizzie shouted.


 

I was paired with Lian twice, from the tea pot to this boat ride. 

 

"Thanks for inviting me too." She said, "I was shy when Marcus asked me, but I think the rest of the day would be fun."

 

"Of course, thanks for coming actually. I hope we get to do things like this more often now. My friends are easy to be with."

 

"They totally are. I'm glad." I smiled.

 

The next thing we did was the bump cars, I got paired with Noah.

 

"What's happening?" He asked trying to get away from others.

 

"What?"

 

"With Sam, she seem quiet since we arrived."

 

"She is?" I glanced at her she's looking at me too, I smiled and she smiled back. I looked back at Noah. "Might be saving her energy for later, we're just starting you know."

 

"Yeah, maybe you're right. I'm just worried, as the big bro."

 

"Don't be. Come on! Let's freely enjoy the day." I said grinning. I'll just try to watch Sam closely.

 

 

"I found a kart track, wanna race? The last pair will buy everyone ice cream." Ethan suggested.

 

"Do you wanna drive?" I got paired with Sam.

 

"You can drive." She nodded, "Are you okay?" I asked.

 

"Yeah, of course." She helped me fix my helmet.

 

"You can talk to me."

 

She stared back at me. "I know.." She said almost like a whisper.

 

"Let's do this safely, kids." Noah shouted.

 

We fastened our seatbelts, she even double checked mine.

 

"Things like this aren't always safe. We can actually win, but I prefer to be safe." 

 

"I just don't want to lose." I grinned.

 

"Got it! Just tap me if I'm too fast, okay?" I nodded at her.

 

We didn't win, but we didn't lose either. I can see Lizzie and Danny bickering again because they lost. 

 

"We should eat lunch first before we continue going around."

 

We went around taking pictures after eating lunch, just a break before the extreme rides.

 

"I hope you're having fun." 

 

"Oh, I am." Ali said smiling.

 

"It's getting hot, should we ride that water thingy before the roller coaster?" Lizzie suggested and everyone agreed.

 

"Let's go with two groups, 5 people each." Danny said, I went to Marcus and Lian pulling Ali with me.

 

"I'll go with them." Ethan faced us, "Alex doesn't know how to swim, I'll save her." I jokingly elbowed him.

 

The ride was totally fun, and as expected, we got soaked with water. We immediately changed into a new clothes since they don't plan on riding something same as that.

 

"You look nervous." I said to Ali, we're on the way to lineup for the roller coaster. Lizzie wants to have a photo challenge, like she'll be able to smile at that time.

 

"I'm not?"

 

"You're not sure?" I chuckled and tapped Lizzie's shoulder, "I'll sit beside Ali." 

 

She nodded at me, "You can ride with who you want this time." She said to everyone.

 

"Thanks." Ali said to me.

 

We chose the middle part seats, I noticed Ali getting pale.

 

"You don't have to ride this, we can go down." I said.

 

"It's fine, it's a new experience. Don't worry!"

 

"Are you sure?" She nodded, "You can hold my hand." I offered and she took it saying thanks.

 

The ride is starting, I can hear the metals rumbling. Ali's eyes are closed. 

 

"You should shout later on, it'll make you feel better." I said and squeezed her hand.

 

I keep on glancing at her before we got to the extreme part, she did shout loudly after it.

 

"Is it your first time riding a roller coaster?"

 

Ali nodded with her hands on her forehead, I handed her the bottled water when she looked up at me.

 

"You should've refused."

 

"New experience?" I just shook my head at her.

 

"We're riding the tower next, you still good Alicia?" Danny asked. Ali put her thumbs up.

 

"No, she's not." I said glaring at her, "We'll stay here for a while, you can go on." He nodded and ran up to the others.

 

"Okay, maybe I do need a breather." She said. We stayed at the bench for awhile watching some kids running around.

 

"Are you good at shooting games?" She suddenly asked.

 

"Maybe, why?" I glanced on where she was looking, "You want that bear?"

 

"Will you get it for me?"

 

"Is that a challenge?" I smirked, "We can go there if you're feeling okay already."

 

I texted Lizzie that were going around, she said we can just gather again later for the last ride.

 

 

"I thought you can get the big one." Ali teased me.

 

"In my defense, my right hand is tired, you were gripping it hard earlier." I handed her the mini bear, "Come on, the sun is setting."

 

"Here they are," Lizzie announced, "as I was saying, I'll let Noah and Marcus ride the ferris wheel with their loveys, and the rest of us will do it randomly again."

 

"You won't go with this one right?" She asked me.

 

"Why?" Ali curiously asked.

 

"Alex thinks it's too romantic." Ethan said chuckling. Ali looks confused and Marcus was ready to tease me.

 

I ate the candy and commented "I'll ride it today." before he could say anything. 

 

I told Marcus and Kiarra in the past that I want to have someone special with me while seeing the view, the sun setting with the celestial appearance of the sky. Cringey right?

 

"Why is it too romantic for you?" Ali asked sitting in front of me. 

 

I glanced at the window, the clouds looks like cotton candy.

 

"I just want to think of it that way, because this view is pretty." I said, I looked at her when she transferred beside me.

 

"Your side has the prettier view," she said glancing over the window too.

 

"Alex.."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"What do you think with the idea of dating someone?"

 

"Why are you suddenly asking that?" I chuckled awkwardly.

 

She faced me, "What about dating a friend?"

 

I got confused, "Wha–" as the sun is giving a fiery kiss to the night, Ali pulled me by nape and kissed me. 

 

"One chance Alex, just give me one chance." She whispered looking straight into my eyes.

 

 

I fiddled with my fingers looking at the ground, I felt someone sat beside me.

 

"We should go somewhere for dinner." I heard Noah.

 

"Agreed, I'm hungry! I'll search for a place." Ethan said.

 

Marcus and Lian left a few minutes earlier. Same with Ali, she was fetched by their driver earlier.

 

"I'm not going to let you avoid me after this. But I'm giving you time to think about it." She said while I'm walking her to the parking.

 

"Ali, what if I'm currently moving on from someone these past few weeks?"

 

"Then I'll make you fall for me hard," she faced me, "until you forget that person." 

 

"Don't you think it isn't fair for you?"

 

"You already thinking if it's fair for me means I have a little chance," she giggled "but no, I don't think it's unfair. I wanted this, I like you a lot. And I'm taking the chance even if it will cause me a heartbreak." 

 

"What's on your mind?" Lizzie asked, leaning her head on my shoulder.

 

"Nothing much."

 

"Doesn't look like it," I sighed, "do tell."

 

"What if a friend told you that they like you, romantically, and you're in this complicated situation where–"

 

"You're moving on from someone you never had?" She continued leaning back, my eyes widen, how?

 

"Of course I know, I've been waiting for you to tell me."

 

"How come you and Ethan noticed everything but she doesn't." I chuckled.

 

"If what's stopping you is because you're still waiting for Sam, then that's your choice. But if you're hesitating because you don't think you're worth it, don't, you are worth it lexi." Danny signaled us to go to them so we stood up.

 

"Are you uncertain because you think you'll get hurt?" She asked again.

 

"I don't think she'd hurt me intentionally, she's too kind to do that." I said.

 

"Then that's your answer, you can take all the time you need to consider giving Alicia a chance. You deserve to be happy too."