Daughter of love

Tiny B
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24-year-old Behan had just given a speech at a UNESCO conference as one of their goodwill ambassadors.

A reporter asked for an interview and the beautiful young lady promptly accepted it because she knew how to use the media for good causes.

____ Ms. B, Is this really how you like to be called?____ Asked the guy while smiling a bit confused.

____ Yes. B is a childhood nickname and I'm very fond of it.

____ Speaking of which, you became an instant success with your first book, published when you were just 14 years old. Is it really true that you got no help? It's hard to believe, considering your family,

____ It is true. And I would have no problem giving credit to my mothers and my aunt Rina if I had gotten help to write and edit it.

____ Speaking of your mothers, how does it feel to be the daughter of two iconic names in the literature and education field? And how does this affect your career decisions?____ The reporter tried to add some drama.

____ It feels amazing. Both my mothers taught me to love reading and to seek knowledge. They are my daily source of inspiration in every area of my life. Although I wasn't pushed to become a writer, I guess it was inevitable that I would get bitten by the passion to develop new worlds and defend the ideas I'm passionate about.

____ That is certainly a powerful couple. Those women were nominated for all possible literature awards on the planet and won a good number of trophies, Do you feel any pressure or some kind of competitiveness to surpass them?

____ Not at all. I suppose any award is just the consequence of good work and a lot of hours spent on something you do out of love. My mothers never expressed any desire to publish a book to win a trophy, Even though all of us are thankful and proud that we have a Pulitzer and a Nobel prize at home, there isn't any issue regarding ego. They have contributed to education and Literature and this helped so many children and adults too that notoriety means nothing compared to the real impact on society. ____ The young writer smiled.

____ Your first book was about being raised by two women. Now that you are an adult, how do see your life without a father figure? And what is your view on children who just have the same couple as their model of family?

Glancing at the reporter with pity, Behan shrugged and declared?

____ I can't speak in the name of every child who was raised by two fathers or two mothers. But as far as I know, kids who are raised by a heteroual couple have the same chance to be good or bad people as those who are raised by a gay couple. Actually, I had more than one father figure. My uncle Chang-sub played a fundamental part in my life during my first 10 years. And my grandfather has done a great job too. I never missed having a father. This didn't turn me into a men's hater either. My whole existence is filled with tenderness, affection, understanding, and dialogue. Never have I heard my mothers screaming at each other or being passive-aggressive. Those women wanted to be mothers with all their hearts. And destiny brought the three of us together. Or God, if you believe him. They are my safe place and my role models. Those two are about to celebrate their 20th anniversary without crises or pettiness. I hope every kid has the chance to grow up in a similar family environment. it doesn't matter if they have 2 fathers, 2 mothers, both parents, or if they are raised by a grandparent or any other relative. As long as they receive love and support, the rest may be overcome.

____ You have been publishing texts about feminism, women empowerment in general, and advocating against domestic violence. Why are these subjects so important to you if you come from a peaceful family environment?

____ Do we need to be the victims to care about those who are in pain?_______ Behan was running out of patience and her sarcasm was about to burst.

_______ Thank you for sharing your time with us and for this precious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter