Awkward

Tiny B
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday came again and both women compromised to put their projects aside to spend a lazy day with their child.

Moonbyul was lying on the couch with the head on Yongsun's lap while Behan was resting on top of her.

The teacher started reading a book out loud for tiny B and the adorable girl was paying full attention.

Someone rang the bell. So Chorong came from the yard and opened the main door.

The housekeeper was taken aback for a second, enough time for the Kims to enter the house uninvited.

Yongsun's father greeted the employee with half a smile but frowned his forehead the minute he saw the domestic scene on the couch.

_______ Kim Yongsun! Is this the type of education you are giving to your child? I can't believe you now bring women into your house and live THAT style of life. Aren't you ashamed?

Moonbyul held tiny B and slowly sat while Yongsun stood up and walk toward her parents.

_______ I'm gonna ask you to lower your voice in front of my child. Otherwise, I'll force you to leave.

______ How dare you speak like that to your own father.______ The older man was nervous.

Gritting her teeth, the teacher murmured:

_______ How dare YOU? This is MY house. And that is MY  family. You have no right to come uninvited and speak like an uneducated ogre. I'm not bringing women into my house. Byul-YI is the mother of my child. But even if I brought them here, it's none of your business

______ She is what? You must be going insane. Should I get an intervention?

______ Honey, look at your grandchild. She is exactly like that lady. _____ Mrs. Kim touched her husband's shoulder and whispered.

Staring at the author and at tiny B, Yongsun's father became speechless.

The 3-year-old pouted and asked Moonbyul while pulling her sleeve:

______ Mommy, why is my grandpa arguing with Maman?

The blonde caressed her baby's chubby cheeks and replied:

______ It's just a misunderstanding. Not a real argument. Wanna go to the pool?

______ Yeah. Will maman come with us?

______ She will join us soon. Okay?

______ Oui.

Moonbyul held Yongsun's hand with affection and told her:

_______ Don't let this affect you. Our daughter and I will be outside waiting for you. 

______ It won't take long.______ The older one smiled softly.

As soon as her child couldn't hear them anymore, the dark-haired one exclaimed:

______ I'm really tired, dad! You never supported me in any way. Your participation in my life was just about money( which was a basic obligation) and showing criticism. It's ridiculous that you think you have any right to come here and start preaching about the right way to educate a child.

______ I'm too shocked to argue right now. What does this all mean? So she isn't your daughter? How can she be like that woman"s clone? Does she have a ? Is she like those things trending now? A transgender?

Mrs.Kim rolled her eyes and slapped her husband's arm.

 _____ For God's sake, man...Think before you open your mouth.

Taking a deep breath, Yongsun tried not to release her anger.

______ Transgender is not a trend. They are people like any of us. Although this doesn't concern you, Byul-YI isn't trans. She did the same fertility treatment I did. We didn't know, but they used her eggs in me. It doesn't matter now. Behan is and will ALWAYS be my child. She has 2 mothers. And if you insinuate that she is not your granddaughter, you better forget that you had a second child. 

Still a bit puzzled, the old man asked:

______ So what now? Are you two living like a couple? Are you marrying her? Does Behan know that she has another mother? Aren't you worried that she may be confused?

______ Honey, stop trying to interfere. She knows what she does.

______ It's okay, mom. I'm gonna answer it. No, we haven't told B about it yet. However, she loves Byul from day one and she already calls her mom. Behan asked us permission to do it because she has this type of affection. I doubt my child will waste a second being affected by such a trivial detail. Love is love. She has 2 mothers. DNA is too overrated.

______ Yes, I agree that love comes first. Some blood-related people don't know it. I could love an adopted child with the same energy I love you and your sister._____ Mrs. Kim commented.

_______ I don't have a problem with that. My only concern is your lack of fear regarding God. Living in sin is already damaging.  But raising your daughter around this...

______ Oh, for Christ! Enough, honey! I miss my child and my precious grandchild. If you are going to insist on this type of conversation, just go back home._____ Yongsun's mother shouted.

______ Sweetie...you never spoke to me like that...______ The older man was shocked.

______ A huge mistake. It seems I should have. So please go home. We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter