Overwhelmed

Tiny B
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The teacher had carefully laid Moonbyul on the grass and sat beside her to try to help the woman.

When the writer recovered consciousness, Yongsun held her hand and asked:

__ Would you like me to take you to the hospital? Or maybe you take some medication?

The blonde sat and shook her head.

__ No, I don't take any medication. And I'm okay.

__ Are you sure?

Glancing at the stunning brunette, the charming one responded with a panicked expression:

__ No!

__ I'm sorry. I should have found another way to tell you. Or another moment...__ Yongsun showed her sincerity.

__ Why do think...what you think...?

__ Well, she is just like you. Didn't you notice it?

__ I don't know. She seemed familiar. And I felt some type of connection. But that doesn't prove anything.

__ I...did my procedure in the same clinic. With that doctor...

Even more shocked, Moonbyul got back on her feet and leaned on the car to keep her balance.

__ This is too surreal. I can't believe it. Actually, I shouldn't. Not without a DNA test...

Yongsun started crying and begged:

__ Byul-Yi, please don't take her away from me. Behan is my life.

The taller woman got closer to the teacher and wiped her tears before responding:

__ I would never do that. You ARE her mother. 

__ And so are you...

Feeling troubled, the author shook her head:

__ We don't know that. There are cases of people who have a big resemblance to each other but have no connection.

__ It's easy to find out.

__ Why are you so open to this? I've met many women who had their lives messed up by that man. And even though a lot of them felt sympathy for the others, I never saw one who would take the risk to lose their baby like this.__ The blonde was frankly surprised.

__ You just said you wouldn't.__ Yongsun held her chest.

__ And I won't. But you barely know me.

__ I trust God wouldn't give my daughter a mean mother. Byul-Yi, I've been following my instincts since I saw you on tv. And to be honest, I was always a practical person. Not an emotional one. 

Exhaling, the famous writer fixed her hair and commented:

__ I'm too overwhelmed right now. Losing my baby was the most painful thing in my life. Traumatic. To the point that  I rejected the idea of trying another pregnancy. I don't wanna feed false hope and then get crushed again. Is it okay if we talk again some other day? 

__ Of course. I totally get it.

__ Thank you for being honest, Yongsun. You're an amazing woman.__ Moonbyul got inside her car.

__ I'm far from amazing. I'm feeling like a coward since I watched the news that day.

__ We may have met now. But I doubt that you have any trace of cowardice in you. I'll call you soon.

Moonbyul's smile warmed the teacher's heart. Not just for being just like Behan's.

There was something about that woman that made Yongsun trust her.

The brunette entered the house and was welcomed by her tiny B, who hugged her legs and asked her mom to play together.

__ You didn't tell her, did you?__ The male nanny questioned with concern.

__ Yes, I did.

__ Oh my...What happens now?__ Chorong murmured while widening her eyes.

__ I don't know. But I don't wanna think about it.__ The beautiful woman declared and focused on her kid.

___ x ___

The 31-year-old writer drove to her editor's place without even knowing if the woman was home.

Moonbyul had used that as an excuse to leave Yongsun's house when she felt weirdly connected to the child. But now, the blonde was on the verge of a breakdown.

Chae Rina, a successful 44-year-old businesswoman who owned an empire decided to enter the publishing market ten years before and Moonbyul was her first author.

Their partnership brought her a lot of benefits. However, they became like family.

When the blonde got to the older woman's house, she found her in the company of some of their friends in common.

__ Hey, sweetie! I didn't know you would drop by. Have you eaten yet?

__ Yes, thank you.

__ What's with this face, girl?__ Yubin, Rina's second in command, asked and laughed.

Pale, the writer slowly sat beside her editor and murmured:

__ I think I met the mother of my child.

Rolling her eyes, the second most successful writer in their group exclaimed:

__ I thought that you had matured and moved on from that phase of falling for every girl, Byul-Yi. Didn't you learn the lesson 5 years ago?

__ For s' sake, Hyejin-ah. I said I met the mother of my child. Not the future mother of my children..__ Moonbyul stormed out.

Yubin made a puzzled expression and declared:

__ I'm sorry. Now you lost me.

Exhaling, the handsome woman tried to calm down and then explained:

__ I've met someone who also did her insemination in that clinic. Her daughter is like my clone...She told me she thinks the child is mine.

Worried, Rina exchanged a look with the other women before affirming:

__ Honey, this may be a scam. You can't simply trust people without caution.

Smiling brightly, the blonde shook her head enthusiastically while responding:

__ No. Yongsun is not like that. She's a great mom and the kindest person. Besides, she is okay financially.

__ As far as she told you.__ Hyejin pointed out.

__ Look, I've met all types of people during the clinic scandal. I'm used to scammers. She's not like that. And they are such an adorable duo. Tiny Behan worships her mommy.

Rina caressed her loved friend's knee and asked:

__ So what are you gonna do? I mean...if it's true.

__ Byul-Yi should ask Bada to take care of it.__ Yubin suggested.

__ No! Yongsun opened up to me. She could have kept silent. I don't wanna take the baby away. I can't! I don't want to involve lawyers in it.

__ So what are you planning?__ The other writer asked.

__ I don't know...My head is a mess right now. I'm afraid of ruining their lives if...it's true.

Yubin and Rina patted the blonde's back and the oldest one said:<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter