The Kims

Journey to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul-yi was never one to feel nervous, that was until she met Yong-sun. 

The other girl made her heart flutter, her stomach churn and her head spin.

Meeting the people Yong-sun loves and who loves her made Byul-yi anxious. She wanted to make sure she gave them a good first impression, she is the first person that Yong-sun is bringing home to meet her family. 

"You look good." Yong-sun smiles, leaning against the frame of the door to Byul-yi's room, "Beautiful as ever." 

The taller girl spins around, dressed in a shirt with a jacket over and jeans, "How did you get in?" 

"I memorized the passcode to your door." Yong-sun walks in and grabs her girlfriend's hand, "Are you ready to go?" 

"I think so," Byul-yi chuckles nervously, "I hope they like me." 

"They'll love you," The singer reassures the other girl, giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

Thirty minutes later, the couple found themselves standing, hands interlaced in front of a door to Yong-sun's family home. 

"Welcome to the place where I grew up," The older girl smiles, opening the door to the house, "Come on in." 

"Beautiful place." Byul-yi comments, looking around the house that's decorated with family and childhood photos of Yong-sun and her siblings, "Look at you in that hat, how adorable." 

"Don't make fun of me," Yong-sun pouts, leading Byul-yi down the hallway to the living room, "Appa, Eomma, I'm home!" 

"Yong-sun-ah," A voice belonging to a man bellows as soon as they reached the room, "How are you?" 

The singer grins and runs towards her father, "I'm good Appa, what about you? Have you two been taking care of yourselves?" 

Mr Kim laughs, "Yes, we have, thank you for asking." 

"This must be Byul-yi." Mrs Kim smiles warmly, "Welcome to our home." 

Byul-yi bows, putting out a hand for a handshake, "It's my pleasure to meet you Mr and Mrs Kim." 

"Our picky daughter finally brought someone home to meet us," Mrs Kim remarks, her hands clasped with contentment, "I'm so excited to show you her child hood photos." 

Yong-sun groans, "Eomma." 

"We can do that after dinner," Her father smiles, "Whee-in is on her way, Yong-hee is out of town for a business trip so she won't be able to join us tonight." 

"Oh," Yong-sun responds, visibly deflated and disappointed, "I thought she was going to be here." 

"Are you okay my love?" Byul-yi asks, as she follows the other girl out to the garden. 

"I miss Unnie," She sighs, twiddling her thumbs, "I haven't seen her in while. We used to be close but then we both started working. Whee-in's in the entertainment industry too so we see each other quite often since we get invited on the same talk shows and what not." 

Byul-yi wraps her arms around Yong-sun's waist and pulls her close, allowing the latter to rest her head on her, "I'm sorry Yong-hee unnie can't be here tonight. I would've loved to meet her." 

The couple stood in silence, watching as the sun set and the skies turn pink around them. 

A few minutes later, Whee-in comes flying through the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter