The Breakup

Journey to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: The rise of Wheesa and the fall of MoonSun?

"Everything looks good Miss Moon," The nurse smiles, removing the blood pressure cuff from Byul-yi's arm, "The doctor will be with you any minute." 

"How are you feeling unnie?" Hye-jin asks, placing her hand over the other girl's. 

"I'm good," Byul-yi offers her a small smile, but her nervousness evident on her face, "I just want to get this done and over with."

Before any of the girls could respond, the doctor walks in, interupting their conversation, "Good day Miss Moon, I'm glad you decided to do this." He greets. 

Byul-yi smiles, not knowing exactly how to respond. She wasn't thrilled to be doing this, but neither did she feel forced, she's just trying to save a life, or so she tells herself. 

"Before we proceed with the surgery, I'll have to run through the risks of this surgery with you. It's a four to six hour procedure to procure a segment of your liver for donation, during this time, surgical complications could occur, such as extensive bleeding or blood clotting, and post surgical complications which include infection, pneumonia and in rare cases, death." The doctor explains, handing a form over to Byul-yi, "If you're okay to do this surgery, you'll have to sign this form and pass it to my colleagues here who will prepare you for the surgery."

"Are you sure you want to do this Byul unnie?" Whee-in asks, "I may not know much but I know enough to understand that you're not obliged to do this. There's too many risks."

Byul-yi smiles sadly, looking down at her wrist where the bracelet that Yong-sun gave her used to be, "There's no reason why I shouldn't, at least not anymore." 

The brunette signs the form, handing it over to the staff working for the doctor and changed into the surgical gown, "I'll see you in a bit girls, you two don't have to wait around, they'll let you know when I'm out." 

"We want to be here when you're awake," Hye-jin replies, "We're not going anywhere!" She exclaims after the girl who had been wheeled out of the room and towards the operating theatre.

"I can't believe Yong-sun unnie isn't here," She sighs, her body sprawled across the couch in the surgical suite, "I know they're broken up but she obviously still cares about Byul-yi."

Hye-jin had returned home to see Byul-yi sitting all alone in the living room, absolutely heart broken. When asked about what had happened and where Yong-sun is, the older girl broke down and bawled, her face in Hye-jin's shoulder and Hye-jin's arms around her, trying to provide comfort. 

"We have to breakup."

Byul-yi shoots up from the bed she has been lying, "What? Why?"

"This is getting too depressing, you moping around all day, doing nothing." Yong-sun responds, her tone harsh, "I simply can't take it anymore. We've barely even talked the past few weeks."

"I'm sorry, I'll make myself better, I promise." Byul-yi apologizes, desperate to get Yong-sun to stay, "Please, we don't have to break up. I'll stop being like this, just give me a chance." She pleads, watching as the other girl pack her things into her duffel bag. 

"I just don't think this is going to work out anymore, Byul-yi." Yong-sun says, walking towards the door, back facing the other girl. 

"Don't go, please." Byul-yi begs, hot tears streaming down her face, "I'll change, don't leave me."

Hearing those words broke Yong-sun's heart. This isn't what she wanted, but she knows this is the only way to get Byul-yi to give her father a part of her liver after many failed attempts at trying to convince h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter