Trying to Forget

Journey to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: A MoonSun gif to get us through this angsty time in the story, thought I'll do a double update today just because :) thank you to those who vote and comment, really encourages me to continue writing! 

It's been two months since Byul-yi was discharged from the hospital, and almost three since Yong-sun left her sitting alone, sobbing into her hands. Byul-yi has woken up at least three times throughout the night, unconsciously reaching out for Yong-sun but each time, her hands were met with nothing but cold sheets.

She thought she would've been used to the other girl's absence by now, and it frustrates her that she can't seem to forget Yong-sun. If she couldn't forgive her, she'll at least have to be able to move on. However, Byul-yi still loved Yong-sun with every inch of her. Losing her was like losing a major part of herself or like a part of her was dying. 

Byul-yi had gotten rid of everything that reminded her of Yong-sun in her bedroom, replacing all physical remnants of her ex-lover with new items, but she couldn't replace the hole that the older girl had left in her heart. The youtuber had done everything in the book to try and fill up the bottomless pit; Immersing herself in nothing but work, clubbing with random strangers, one night stands, literally everything out of the ordinary for Byul-yi, things she would never have done. 

She was desperate, she was willing to do anything to stop the pain and her brain from replaying the scene where Yong-sun walked out on her. She wish she could forgive and forget, pretend the breakup never happened and take Yong-sun back, but she knows it was impossible and this was a grudge she'll hold against the other girl - it reminded her too much about how her parents had abandoned her. The trust she had for Yong-sun is broken. 

"Eomma, is Appa home?" Eighteen year old Byul-yi asks her mother, who was busy preparing dinner in the kitchen for the family. 

"He's in the living room, why?" Her mother asks, putting down the knife she was holding and wipes her wet hands on her apron. 

"There's something I need to speak to the both of you about, could you come to the living room please? This won't take long." 

The older woman raises an eyebrow, finding her daughter's behaviour weird, "Okay."

When the both of them reached the living room, the head of the family was seated on his chair, reading the newspaper. 

"Eomma, sit," Byul-yi said, dragging her mother by the arm and sitting her on the couch across from her father.

Byul-yi stands in front of her parents, "Appa, please put away the newspaper, I have something to tell the both of you."

"Did you get the acceptance letter?" Her father beams expectantly, clasping his hands, causing her mother to clap with excitement. 

"No Appa, not yet," Byul-yi responds, twiddling her thumbs, "I'm gay."

Almost immediately, the room fell silent and the smiles on their faces vanished. Byul-yi felt her heart drop, knowing her parents are disappointed in her.

"Maybe it's just a phase, Byul-yi," Her mother offers a smile, but Byul-yi knows she knew this whole time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter