Happily, Ever, After

Journey to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul-yi stood in front of the mirror and stared at her reflection, who was, inevitably staring back at her. She couldn't believe the day is finally here, the day Yong-sun and her pledge their hearts to each other for the rest of their lives. She takes a deep breath, the hundredth one (she thinks) of the morning. 

"Pre-wedding jitters?" Hye-jin asks, walking into the toilet of the guest room in her family Villa in Jeju. 

"I hope I don't make a fool of myself during the vow." The older girl chuckles, spinning around to look at her bestfriend who was dressed in her bridesmaid outfit. 

"Your days of being single is about to end in," Hye-jin stops talking and looks at her phone, "Less than an hour and that's all you can worry about?"

"I don't see that as a bad thing." Byul-yi smiles, leaning against the bathroom counter, "It's the start to a new life with Yong-sun, and I can't wait."

"What else did I expect from a hopeless romantic like you?" Hye-jin laughs, taking a step forward and giving her bestfriend a hug, "I can't believe you're about to get married."

"Me neither, it felt like yesterday when we were just kids," Byul-yi murmurs, reciprocating the hug. 

"How's Yong-sun doing?" The taller girl asks when they pulled away from the hug. 

"She just got her hair and make up done when I left to come check in on you," Hye-jin responds, "She's probably getting into her dress by now."

"Byul-yi!" A set of familiar voices calls out. 

Byul-yi looks up and locks gaze with Hye-jin's parents, who had a proud smile on their faces. 

"Abeoji! Eomeoni!" Byul-yi squeals, running towards the people who felt more like her parents than her biological parents ever did, "You made it."

"I heard from Hye-jin your parents aren't coming," The older woman smiles sadly, holding one of Byul-yi's hands between her own, "I'm so sorry about that."

"It's okay, eomeoni." Byul-yi answers, "I have you both here, and that's what matters." 

"I was hoping if you'd let me stand next to you at the altar."

Byul-yi looks at Mr Ahn, tears whelming up in her eyes. As much as she hated her parents, she's always wanted them at her wedding. Growing up, she'd imagine her father walking her down the aisle, giving her hand in marriage over to the love of her life. When she realized that wasn't going to happen, it crushed her. 

"I would love for you to do so." Byul-yi sniffs, "Thank you." She adds, throwing herself into the man's embrace.

"It's my pleasure." He chuckles, ruffling her hair. 

"No more crying unnie," Hye-jin reminds her, "Today's a happy day, besides, you're going to ruin your make up."

"She's right, Byul-yi." Mrs Ahn agrees, patting the girl on her back. 

In the other room, Yong-sun was with her family, who were taking photos of her getting ready. 

"Yah, enough of the pictures already," Yong-sun whines in annoyance, swatting the phones out of her face. 

She was lacking sleep from being way too excited the day before which kept her awake the entire night. She's surviving on four cups of coffee and of course, the adrenaline that was pumping through her veins. 

"But you look so beautiful, my darling." Her mother responds. 

"You really do, unnie," Whee-in nods, smoothing out the creases in Yong-sun's dress, "Are you ready? The wedding's about to start." 

Yong-sun nods and starts walking towards the door, "More ready than I'll ever be."

The yard of Villa was decorated with all sorts of white flowers - orchids, lilies, tulips, you name it, they've got it. There were so much flowers one could smell them from within the house. White garlands and vines hung above the entire area. Rows of white chairs lined the sides of the aisle, which was decorated with petals of different colours. White garlands and vines hung above the entire area. 

Byul-yi stood at the altar, Mr Ahn and Hye-jin standing behind her. Seeing that Byul-yi was getting more nervous by the second, he puts a hand on her shoulder, offering a warm smile. She lets out a shaky breath and nods, turning her head back to look at their guests who were already seated and waiting for the other bride. 

Today, she dedicates her life to Yong-sun and becomes accountable to someone else other than herself. That thought was rather intimidating but she knows there is nothing to fear. She knows, together with the other girl, she will be ready for anything and everything that comes her way. 

Slow, gentle music plays and Whee-in begins to sing one of her OST tracks as the couple has requested. 

"Don't let me trip Appa." Yong-sun says, linking her arm with her father's and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter