The Truth

Journey to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yong-sun stares at the photo of her and Byul-yi that is placed on her bedside table. She's beyong tired but found it difficult to fall asleep. Whenever she would close her eyes, she'd see the scene where she left Byul-yi crying and pleading for her not to leave. Remembering the way the younger girl begged for her to stay broke her heart, she so badly wanted to drop the act and tell Byul-yi the truth.

The last time she saw Byul-yi was the day she woke up from a coma as a result of a surgical complication. That very day, Yong-sun had hope that everything would be okay when Byul-yi finally woke up. She wanted so desperately to call Byul-yi hers again, but the latter made it clear that she did not want her back. 

Broken heart syndrome - Yong-sun wondered if that is true. The tendons within the heart chambers snap, resulting in the physical pain that people feel when they go through a heart break. With enough loss of tendons, the heart stops working properly and leads to death. 

She sighs. At least death ends, when will this torment stop?

She knows she could just tell Byul-yi the truth, but the guilt of putting her through hell is holding her back. The things she said weren't true, but the pain she inflicted on her was real and Yong-sun knew that very well. On top of that, Byul-yi almost lost her life because of her. 

Yong-sun just wants her to be happy, nothing else mattered, not even her own happiness. When Mrs Moon made her that deal, she knew she had to do it - she needed to make sure Byul-yi can break free from the past that continues to haunt her no matter how hard she tries to escape. 

When Byul-yi refused to listen to anything Yong-sun had to say about her father's liver transplant, Yong-sun was left with no choice. There was no point dragging the decision making on either, Byul-yi was only going to become more stressed and frustrated. Seeing her girlfriend so unmotivated and lifeless, she did what she had to do. 

A knock on her bedroom door snapped Yong-sun out of her thoughts, "Yes?"

The door opens and Whee-in walks in, "Unnie, what are you up to?"

"Nothing, just thinking about some stuff." The older girl smiles, moving herself to the side of the bed and pats the empty space next to her, signalling for Whee-in to sit. 

"About Byul unnie?" Whee-in prods; They haven't talked much about the break up and neither Hye-jin nor her knows what exactly happened and how the situation became so bad it couldn't be fixed. 

"It's nothing Whee-innie, don't worry." The singer smiles, but Whee-in knows she isn't okay. 

"I need you to talk to me unnie," Whee-in frowns, "I'm worried about you, I know you're just pretending to be okay. What happened?"

Yong-sun breaks down, holding her face in her hands, "I hurt her so badly Whee-innie, I wish I could take it all back but I can't."

Watching her sister cry broke the younger girl's heart, Yong-sun had always been a happy go lucky person, she's never seen her in such a run down state. 

"What do you mean?" 

"I said some really nasty things to Byulie," She sniffs, wiping her tears with the back of her hands, "And I told her our relationship wasn't wort

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter