Moving Out

Journey to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How about that one?" Yong-sun runs towards the little white puppy with brown markings on both eyes and a little spot in the centre of its head, "Isn't it cute?" She asks, taking a look at the information card at the front of the kennel, "It's a girl!"

"She is cute," Byul-yi nods, kneeling down to get to the excited pup's eye level, "Hello little one, I'm Byul-yi and she's Yong-sun."

Yong-sun smiles as she watches her girlfriend interact with the puppy who was wagging her tail fervently and doing little jumps. 

"I want her," Yong-sun decides with certainty, to which Byul-yi turns her head around in one swift motion, "Aren't we just here to take a look?" She asked, surprised by her girlfriend's spontaneous decision to commit to pet ownership. 

"I like her, and I think she likes you," Yong-sun replies, "She'd make a great addition to our family."

Byul-yi stands up and dusts off her knees, "Our family huh?" She grins, wrapping her arms around the waist of the older girl who had her hands around Byul-yi's neck, "Who will she stay with me? Do we get alternative weeks with her?"

"You make us sound like a divorced couple with split custody of our kid," Yong-sun rolls her eyes,  "Of course not, I was going to ask if you want to..." She trails off, nervous about the question she is about to ask, "Move in with me?"

The taller girl opened her eyes wide, "Move in with you?" She reiterated, causing the other girl to flush red. 

"I- I mean, it's just a suggestion. You don't have to do it if you don't want to. Just thought if we stayed together - I totally understand if -" Yong-sun rambles, panic rising within her but she was cut off by a pair of soft lips on hers. 

"I would love to," Byul-yi beams, placing a gentle kiss on Yong-sun's forehead, "I've been waiting for you to ask me anyway." She jokes, pulling away from the hug and slipping her hand into the other girl's, "So I guess we have a kid together now huh?"

Yong-sun nods, looking over at her new housemate, "I guess we do."

The two girls walked hand in hand to reception, talking about all the possible names they could call their new puppy.

"What about... YeBa?" Byul-yi pretends to ponder, eliciting a whine from the older girl, who had her lower lip jutted out in a pout. 

The taller girl feigns ignorance, furrowing her brows, "Why, what's wrong?" She questions, "Don't you think that's a good name?" 

Yong-sun grunts, retracting her hands and walking away from Byul-yi who was trying to stifle a laugh, "Call her whatever you want, I don't care."

The brunette raises an eyebrow, doing a light jog to catch up with the smaller girl, "Are you jealous baby?" 

"Pft,"Yong-sun stops in her tracks, spinning around to look at the taller girl, "Why would I be?"

"Why else would you be upset then?" Byul-yi chuckles, trying to intertwine her hands with Yong-sun who is shaking off her every attempt to do so. 

Yong-sun shrugs, then started walking towards reception again. After a short interview session to determine the couple's eligbility and ability to own a dog, they were deemed suitable as a new home for the puppy Yong-sun has chosen in a heartbeat. 

Signing the papers was a rather fast but tedious process. Byul-yi hated reading through documents and the other girl hated filling up forms. They decided to split the work, making it easier on the both of them.

"Congratulations on your new dog," The staff member attending to them smiles, "I see on the form here you will only be able to pick her up in a week?"

"Yeah, we just have some things to sort out before we bring her home," Byul-yi nods, a small smile on her face, "We want to make sure we dog proof the whole place, we weren't exactly here to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter