Stay with Me

Journey to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yong-sun runs with all her might through the hospital, finally reaching the room that Byul-yi has been transferred to for recovery. She couldn't remember how she made it to the hospital, everything was a blur; All she knew was that she needed to be by Byul-yi's side. 

"What happened?" She asked, trying to catch her breath, "What do you mean something happened during the surgery?" 

"She lost a lot of blood during the surgery," Hye-jin explains, eyes still red and swollen from crying, "They had to do a blood transfusion, and the doctor said the transfusion was successful but she hasn't woken up since."

"Did the doctor say when she is going to wake up?" Yong-sun holds back her tears, trying to remain composed and strong - she can't break down, not right now. 

"He isn't sure when she'll wake up, complications like this doesn't happen often." Whee-in replies, holding on to her girlfriend who was worried to death for her best friend. 

Yong-sun closes her eyes, letting out a deep breath, "Can I go in to see her?" 

The couple nods and steps aside, allowing the older girl to enter. Yong-sun opens the door and sees Byul-yi lying on the hospital bed, connected to machines and breathing with the help of a one. 

"Byulie..." Tears threaten to spill over as she walked towards the other girl, her voice cracking, "How did things get so bad? They were supposed to get better."

The singer sits down on the chair right next to the bed, reaching out to hold Byul-yi's cold and limp hand, "I'm sorry Byul. I'm sorry I hurt you so bad." 

All Yong-sun wants is to hear Byul-yi respond and know she is going to be okay. Instead, all she hears is the beeping of the machines and the swooshing sounds of the ventilator. 

Days pass without a change in Byul-yi's state. She wasn't getting worst but she wasn't getting better. Her parents had conveniently stuck to their promise and did not bother visiting their daughter, who had donated a part of herself and ended up in a coma because of them. 

"How can they be so cruel? Even my parents have come to visit a few times." Hye-jin sighs, watching over her best friend who still hasn't woken up, "Piece of s they are." 

"Unnie, you should go home and rest, we can take over." Whee-in offers the older girl who has been sitting by Byul-yi for the past ten hours, "It's your off day." 

"I'm fine like that," Yong-sun smiles, her hands holding on to Byul-yi's, "Thank you." 

"You can't just sit here all night unnie," Hye-jin says, her voice laced with concern, "At least go get yourself something to eat? We promise we'll call you if anything changes."  

"Fine," Yong-sun gives in, standing up from her seat.

"Good girl," Whee-in smiles, "Go on now."

Before Yong-sun could let go of Byul-yi's hand, she felt a light squeeze, "Byul!" She exclaims, shocking the other two girls, "She squeezed my hand!" 

Hye-jin gasps, her eyes wide open, "Are you sure?"

A few seconds pass and Byul-yi squeezes Yong-sun's hand again, "She did it again! Byulie, can you hear me?" She asks, "Byul, stay with me, okay" 

"I'll go get the doctor," Whee-in runs out of the room, excited and completely forgetting that t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter