Hopes and Prayers

Journey to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Brace yourselves. 

Byul-yi didn't believe in happily ever after, at least not after what happened with Mi-jin, the person she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. That's until she met Yong-sun, the woman that ignited something within Byul-yi, something that made her feel alive again. 

A year has come and gone since Yong-sun entered her life and Byul-yi couldn't be happier. Despite Yong-sun's busy schedule, especially during her come back period, she always made sure to spend quality time with the younger girl. 

Byul-yi on the other hand, has decided to focus on her YouTube career and leave the matters of MMM to Seok-jin, with her only checking in once every week to make sure everything's okay; She is the boss after all. 

YongKi has grown into a beautiful medium sized dog that has stolen the hearts of her owners. After puppy boarding school, her behavior has, thankfully, changed for the better. With consistent reinforcement, YongKi is now a well behaved dog. 

"I can't believe you're doing this, Unnie." Hye-jin comments, scanning the shop they had just stepped into, "How are you so sure you're ready?" 

Byul-yi thought about Hye-jin's question, and realized there wasn't an exact answer, "When you know, you know." 

"Wow," Her best friend replies, sacarsm evident in from her voice, "So helpful." 

"There really isn't a way to explain it," Byul-yi shrugs, looking through the rows of glass cabinets, one of which she knows encases the thing she was looking for, "Obviously, I didn't wake up one day and decide that she's the one I'd like to spend the rest of my life with, it was a slow process. With time I came to realize, nobody else could move my heart like Yong-sun does, and now it belongs to her, and only her." 

Hye-jin cringes and shakes off her goosebumps, "God, I never knew you could be such a sap." 

"Don't you think I feel the same when you get all mushy with Whee-in?" Byul-yi teases, stopping by a cabinet when a shiny object caught her eye, "That's the one." 

"Yah, you didn't have to - woah." The younger girl exhales when she saw what Byul-yi was looking at, "Yong-sun unnie would love that." 

"You think so?" Byul-yi smiles, turning her head to look at Hye-jin, "It's perfect." 

After paying to customize the chosen item, Byul-yi dropped Hye-jin off at what used to be their apartment and made her way back to her own. 

When she opened the front door, she was greeted by not just YongKi, but also Yong-sun who had came home early from work.

"Where have you been?" Yong-sun asks, a pout on her face, "I was hoping to see you when I got home." 

"I was out with Hye-jin," Byul-yi smiles, leaning in for a kiss but Yong-sun dodges her attempt, "Whee-in told me they had plans this afternoon." She frowns, feeling suspicious about Byul-yi's reasoning as to why she wasn't home. 

Byul-yi chuckles awkwardly, "Uh... she probably told you the wrong date to their plans," She lied, stumbling over her words.

Yong-sun's heart sank, "Oh."

The younger girl has never lied to her face, besides, Byul-yi was a bad liar and Yong-sun knows it.

 Why would she lie?

"Maybe she did," Yong-sun smiles, trying to hide her disappointment in the other girl. 

"Can I kiss you now?" Byul-yi raises an eyebrow playfully, pulling the girl closer to her by the waist. 

The older girl nods, and the two shared a gentle kiss. 

Over the next one month, Byul-yi planned the perfect surprise for Yong-sun. Her girlfriend deserved only the best and she wasn't going to settle for anything less. This however, meant that she had to cover up lies with more lies, just so she could keep everything a secret. Despite her good intentions, Yong-sun was starting to get suspicious. 

Yong-sun knocks on the door to Whee-in and Hye-jin's apartment, and waited for Whee-in to answer. When the younger girl opened the door, she was faced with her sister who had tear stained cheeks and teary eyes. Immediately, she pulled the older girl in for a hug. 

"What's wrong unnie?" She asked as Yong-sun cried into her shoulders, "Did something happen with Byul unnie?" 

Yong-sun nods and Whee-in brought her to the living room so they could talk while seated. 

"I...I think Byul is cheating on me," Yong-sun manages to say in between sniffles, using the tissue Whee-in gave her to wipe her tears. 

Hye-jin overhears Yong-sun's statement as she was walking into the living area, "Why do you think so unnie?" She asks, taking a seat next to Yong-sun and offers her a hug. 

"She has been lying to me, a lot," The oldest girl replies, a lot calmer than before, "Disappearing early in the morning, coming home late at night, making secret phone calls, text messages."

"I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter