Please Be Okay

Journey to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul-yi felt her heart stop. 

Those pairs of heels, they belong to Yong-sun. 

In that moment, she couldn't tell if this in was reality or a dream. She squeezed her eyes shut, hoping she'd open her eyes to realize she's back in bed, with her girlfriend right next to her. However, when she opened her eyes, her fear was confirmed.

She narrowed her eyes, trying to look for Yong-sun amongst the chaos but she was nowhere to be seen. 

Byul-yi's heart thumped violently against her chest, starting to believe Yong-sun was dead. Memories came flooding into her brain and she had to fight with all of her will not to break down. 

After what felt like forever, she finally saw her. Byul-yi's knees almost buckled from the way her entire body relaxed from relief, but instead, she used all she had in her and ran towards Yong-sun. 

"Yong-sun!" Byul-yi exclaimed as she approached the other girl, who was sitting at the back of an ambulance, her hands and clothes covered in blood, "I'm so sorry." She sobs, falling to the ground and on her knees, "I'm sorry I yelled at you. Are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm okay, Byulie," Yong-sun smiles softly, her hand rubbing Byul-yi's back, trying to calm her down, "Two cars crashed while I was trying to cross the road, well, before I could actually cross it."

"Then how did you end up in here?" Byul-yi asks, looking up at her with teary eyes, her hands finding Yong-sun's and grabbing ahold of them. 

"The crash was pretty bad, and I decided I had to help when one of the cars started to smoke." The older girl explains, helping Byul-yi off the ground and onto the steps of the ambulance. 

Byul-yi's eyes opened wide, "Why are you such an idiot Yong-sun? You could've died!" She chides. 

"Those people could've died if I hadn't done that," Yong-sun tries to reason, "I'd rather risk my life to save six than watch from the sidelines."

Kind and considerate, even when it meant endangering herself. That's just how Yong-sun is. She has always put others' needs before her's, and she has never said no if she knows she could help. 

Byul-yi sighs, unable to refute her statement, nodding her head, "Did they say you're good to go?" 

"Yeah, they've cleared me to go, they just wanted to make sure I had someone bring me home." 

"Why didn't you call me?" Byul-yi asks, standing up and giving the smaller girl her hand to hold on to. 

"I left my phone behind when I stormed out," Yong-sun admits, biting her lower lip, slightly embarrassed by the scene she had caused in their apartment. 

"You could've asked someone for their phone, you know," Byul-yi points out, leading Yong-sun through the crowd, that is now smaller, and back into the building. 

"I didn't have to," Yong-sun replied, entering the lift with her girlfriend following behind, "I knew you'd come for me." 

Byul-yi presses the button to their floor and turns to face Yong-sun, a warm and reassuring smile on her face, "I always will."

"I'm sorry about what happened just now," Yong-sun apologizes, "You'd never cheat on me, I should know that."

"That's okay, YeBa," Byul-yi answers, pulling the girl in for a hug despite her blood stained clothes, "I should've just answered your question, could've prevented all these from happening." She chuckles. 

Yong-sun snuggles her face into Byul-yi's neck, happy to be back in her arms again after the series of events that happened. 

The elevator dings, and the door opens, "Let's get cleaned up, and if you want, we could eat the steak I made earlier?"Byul-yi questions, to which

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter