The Surprise

Journey to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Pay me attention," Yong-sun complains, dragging her feet across the floor of her bedroom in the villa and towards Byul-yi who was lazing on the bed, using her phone.

She jumps and landed tummy down on Byul-yi, causing the latter to deflate from the sudden weight on her chest, "Why do you weigh as much as an elephant?" She jokes, to which Yong-sun pouts and slaps her on her arm, "And why are you so mean?"

Byul-yi chortles, putting her phone away, "Okay, I'm sorry my love, you're as light as a feather."

"Now you're just being annoying," Yong-sun rolls her eyes and pushes herself off of the other girl. 

"That's why you love me, don't you?" Byul-yi grins cheekily, her cheeks puffing up.

"More like, I'm the only person that can stand you and your antics," Yong-sun laughs. 

Byul-yi nods, a smile on her face, "True, I'm glad that person is you."

Yong-sun looks into Byul-yi's eyes, "Me too." She whispered, carressing Byul-yi's face with the pad of her thumb, "You're so beautiful, how did I get so lucky?"

Byul-yi lets out a breath and responds with a small smile, even till today, Yong-sun makes butterflies erupt in her stomach and her heart race. The couple laid in comfortable silence, their eyes on each other and legs intertwined. 

"I have something planned for us tonight," Byul-yi informs Yong-sun, breaking the silence, "Dress warm."

Yong-sun raises an eyebrow, "Where are we going?"

"To the beach," Byul-yi replies, propping her head up using her arm, "I think it's going to be cold."

"We're going to the beach at night?" Yong-sun asks, trying to prod Byul-yi into telling her the details for the night.

Byul-yi shakes her head, "I know what you're trying to do YeBa, I'm not dumb."

The older girl groans, giving up, "Fine." 

Yong-sun had relentlessly pestered Byul-yi for the plans she had made for this trip and to her surprise, Byul-yi haven't given her a single clue. The younger girl would either ignore her questions and pretend she didn't hear her or stick her tongue out playfully and tell her she's not going to budge. 

She, however, had her suspicions about what Byul-yi was going to do tonight. 

Yong-sun arrives at the door that she had knocked on a few days before, about to burst into tears. Except this time, she had a new theory about why Byul-yi was acting weird, and that it wasn't as simple as the other girl's reasoning that she was planning a vacation for them both. 

She knocks and soon, Hye-jin opens the door. 

"Unnie? What are you doing here at this time of the day?" The younger girl asked, surprised to see Yong-sun, "Aren't you supposed to be at work?"

"I start late today, aren't you supposed to be at work too?" Yong-sun questions, finding Hye-jin being home when she's supposed to be working weird. 

"I took the day off to be with Whee-in," She lies with a smile and lucky for her, and everyone else involved, she is a better liar than Byul-yi is. 

"Don't you two spend enough time together already as it is?" Yong-sun teases, entering the apartment when Hye-jin steps aside to let her in. 

"I guess it's just never enough," Hye-jin chuckles awkwardly, following behind the other girl, internally panicking. 

"Who knew you were as mushy as Byulie?" Yong-sun jokes, putting her bag down on the dining table, "Is Whee-in home?" She asks. 

"Yeah, she's just in the shower." Hye-jin replies, "I'll go check on her." 

"Okay," Yong-sun nods, making herself at home on the couch. 

Little did she know, Byul-yi was hiding in Whee-in and Hye-jin's bedroom, trying to keep quiet. 

"What is she doing here?" Byul-yi whisper screams, her head peaking out from inside the closet just in case her girlfriend came in. 

"She's looking for Whee-in," Hye-jin replied, her voice barely noticeable, "I told her you're in the shower." She looks at Whee-in, who still had agape from the unannounced, surprise visit. 

"Okay, I'll go and talk to her," Whee-in says, "You, stay inside." She adds, pointing at Byul-yi who immediately disappears into the closet. 

"Wow! Who knew I'd be back in the closet." The tallest girl mumbles under her breath, absolutely frustrated by the situation.

"Unnie! What are you doing here?" Whee-in walks out of the room hastily, Hye-jin following suit and closing the door behind them. 

"Didn't you just take a shower?" Her sister questions her lack of wet hair, or signs of a person who had just showered. 

"Oh, Hye-jin told me you're here before I could get in." 

Yong-sun hums, "I'll get straight to the point, I'm here because I think Byul-yi is going to propose to me."

"What?" Both girls gasps and Yong-sun opened her eyes wide, stunned by their exagerrated responses. 

Whee-in coughs, trying to collect herself to avoid spilling the tea, "Ah, what makes you think that?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter