Try Again

Journey to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: absolutely love this song, fits this chapter perfectly 

Byul-yi barely had time to comprehend the fact that Yong-sun had just caught her with another woman before Whee-in came barging into the apartment, "Moon Byul-yi!" She shouted, storming her way towards the older girl.

The sudden intrusion interrupts Byul-yi's train of thoughts, "What?" 

"Don't play dumb with me," Whee-in shoves the other girl, causing her to fall backwards, "What the hell did you do ?" 

Whee-in is petite but she could be the force of nature if she wanted to be.  

"Whee-in, stop," Hye-jin slots her body between the two girls, stopping the smaller girl from shoving Byul-yi again, "Violence isn't the answer." 

"Oh, it is when you hurt my sister!" She screams over the shoulder of her girlfriend. 

Hye-jin sighs, unable to diffuse Whee-in's anger, "We saw Yong-sun unnie crying in her car when we were downstairs." 

"Oh," Byul-yi mumbles, guilt eating at her from the inside out, "I was sending my one night stand out and Yong-sun was right outside when I opened the door." 

"One night stand?!" 

Byul-yi cringes at Whee-in's angry, ear splitting tone, "Look, I didn't know she was going to come tonight. If I had known I wouldn't have done it."

Whee-in shakes her head in disbelief, "How could you have moved on so quickly?" 

"I haven't moved on," Byul-yi replies, trying to stay calm. 

"Then why would you bring another woman home?" 

"Don't push her," Hye-jin quickly stops her from saying anything more that could make the situation worse. 

"Do you know how much pain I've been in? I just want to forget about Yong-sun, I need to forget her." Byul-yi says, her eyes closed in frustration, "I can't keep hurting like this." 

"She's hurting too unnie," Whee-in, who has yet to calm down replies, "She came here to try and fix things but -" 

"She broke up with me!" Byul-yi yells at the younger girl, unable to hold back her feelings, "I have to move on, or at least try to. Just because I'm sleeping with other people doesn't mean I'm over her, I'm not and I feel so ed because god, I don't think I can ever love again." 

The room fell silent with only Byul-yi's cries being heard and Whee-in instantly feels apologetic. After all, she knows what Yong-sun had done and Byul-yi didn't know the truth. 

"Unnie didn't want to break up with you, she did it for your sake," Whee-in says after the silence that seemed to have gone on forever, "Your mother made a deal with her to leave you alone if you gave your father your liver." 

"What?" Byul-yi and Hye-jin both turn their head to look at Whee-in at the same time. 

Less than thirty minutes was all it took for Whee-in to explain everything, most of the questions coming from her girlfriend and Byul-yi just staring into space, unable to believe her ears.

"Well, that was a wild ride," Hye-jin blurts out, leaning her back against the couch lazily, "I knew the break up wasn't as simple as it looked like." 

"I can't believe this, why is she such an idiot?" 

"That's how much she loves you, unnie," Whee-in responds, "She was willing to give up her own happiness just so you could have yours." 

"If I had known about this I wouldn't have let her go," Byul-yi pinches the bridge of her nose, shaking her head, "I wouldn't have slept with all those women and we wouldn't be in this situation." 

"It's not too late unnie," The youngest girl offers Byul-yi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter