The Barista

Journey to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm so tired." Byul-yi sighs, plopping herself onto the couch, "Get me my dinner Hye-Jin-ah."

 

Her roommate rolls her eyes, "You're so demanding, you're lucky I love you."

 

Byul-yi sticks out her tongue, "I know you do," She replies as she took the lunchbox from the latter's hand.

 

"Pft, a thank you would be nice."

 

"Thank you, my dear Hye-jin-ah." Byul-yi replies, getting a smack on the arm in return.

 

Kim Solar 9.14pm

 

How was your day?

 

The blue haired girl's phone buzzes and Byul-yi smiles immediately, knowing that it was a message from the older girl.

 

Moon Byul-yi 9.15pm

 

I was starting to think you had forgotten about me.

 

Kim Solar 9.20pm

 

How could I ever forget such a beautiful face?

 

Kim Solar 9.20pm

 

Besides, I've shared too much about my personal life with you last night to ghost you

 

Moon Byul-yi 9.21pm

 

Tsk, you did disappear since we called last night. I figured you were busy though, how was your day?

 

Kim Solar 9.25pm

 

Not telling you until you answer my question

 

Byul-yi grins; It's only been a day since they met, but she's already crushing big time on the other girl. Despite barely knowing each other, their video call lasted a whole 3 hours, only hanging up when Solar had to end the call to attend a meeting.

 

Moon Byul-yi 9.30pm

 

Tiring, as usual, but I enjoy what I do so it's okay.

 

Kim Solar 9.31pm

 

You never told me what your job is

 

Moon Byul-yi 9.40pm

 

I'm a barista.

 

Kim Solar 9.41pm

 

A hot barista? I bet you make great coffee

 

"What are you smiling at?" Hye-jin asks, appearing out of nowhere behind the older girl, causing her to jump in her seat.

 

"Jesus!" Byul-yi exclaims, locking her phone and holding it to her chest, "Don't do that."

 

"Why not?" Hye-jin smirks, "Hiding something?"

 

"No?" The latter responds, "You're being absurd."

 

"I haven't seen you smile like that for years, don't judge me for being suspicious about it." Hye-jin replies walking away, a smug look plastered across her face.

 

Kim Solar 9.45pm

 

Which cafe do you work at?

 

Moon Byul-yi 9.46pm

 

You flatter me, Miss Kim.

 

Moon Byul-yi 9.46pm

 

I work at MMM Cafe.

 

Kim Solar 9.58pm

 

Where is that?

 

Moon Byul-yi

 

Bukchon Hanok Village

 

Byul-yi groans as she stretches after being woken up by the sunlight seeping through the curtains.

 

It's morning already? I must've fallen asleep.

 

She gets up from her bed, then proceeded to do what she considers the most mundane part of her mornings - getting ready for work. She'd wash up, brush her teeth, change into her clothes and leave her house, forgoing her breakfast most days because she never really had the appetite for it.

 

However, today was different; Byul-yi felt a sense of excitement for the day, something she hasn't experienced in a long time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter