Matched!

Journey to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How have you been my love?" Byul-yi mumbles under her breath, placing the bouquet of roses she bought at the gravestone beneath her, "I miss you." 

"Unnie, it's been 4 years." Hye-jin says, placing her hand on her best friend's shoulder, "You deserve to be happy and to be loved again. I'm certain unnie wants that for you."

Byul-yi shrugs, her eyes still glued to the headstone; "I'm happy and content the way I am."

"Well, you don't sound all that chirpy." Hye-jin replied, "You need to talk to a professional about it."

"I've done that," Byul-yi finally looks up at her best friend, glaring at her with annoyance, "Many times, may I add." 

"And not once did you complete any of the therapy sessions planned by your therapists." The black haired girl pointed out, "You fired every single one of them."

"They weren't helping at all; I didn't like the way they wanted me to forget..." Byul-yi trails off, her voice trembling under her breath "Anyway, the answer is no, period."

"They wanted you to move on, not forget her. You're clearly still hurting – "Byul-yi cuts the latter off before she could complete her sentence; "Enough." Her hands knot into fists, causing her knuckles to turn white, "I. Don't. Need. Help."

"It's not easy to lose someone you love, it's okay not to be okay." Hye-jin reassures the older girl, "You don't have to pretend that everything's fine, you and I both know it isn't. I lost my sister, and you lost the person you loved the most, it's difficult."

"It's funny, isn't it?" Byul-yi chuckles, shaking her head lightly, "Cemeteries aren't actually made for the dead."

Hye-jin looks at the other girl, puzzled by her statement, "What do you mean?"

"They are made for the living, to visit and remember the people they loved." Byul-yi responds, sitting down and pats the ground next to her, signalling for Hye-jin to do the same, "The dead doesn't know if we do visit, or what day of the week it is, they just... cease to exist." 

Hye-jin hums in agreement, "I suppose that's why it's hard to move on."

"I'm worried if I move on, I'll slowly lose my memories of her, the way she was, her voice," Byul-yi confesses, holding back her tears that are threatening to spill onto her cheeks, "To be honest, I'm starting to forget how she sounds like. I watch videos and recordings of her just to remember. If I move on, I may forget completely, and that would mean I left her behind. That's not right."

"You can't carry this guilt with you forever," Hye-jin sighs, "This burden isn't yours to bear, it wasn't your fault. You can't keep reliving the past, that's not how you should be living your life."

The taller girl keeps quiet, her eyes bearing into the photo in front of her. A few minutes of silence passes before Byul-yi finally breaks the silence, "You're right. I have to let her go and set myself free." 

Hye-jin smiles softly, nodding her head and resting it on the blue haired girl's shoulder, "Just because you've moved on doesn't mean you've forgotten about her. There will be instances where our memories become blurry and faded, that's only natural. One thing for sure, she'll always be a part of us, that will never change."

Byul-yi lifts an eyebrow, "Since when did you become so wise?"

"I've always been like this; you've just never listened." 

"Sure." The blue haired girl rolls her eyes playfully, letting out a small laugh when Hye-jin huffs and smacks her arm playfully. 

A few months pass since she took Hye-jin's advice and decided to give therapy one more try – this time with determination to make things better for herself and hopefully, move on without guilt. 

Friends and family around her notice the change in her a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter