Page 32

PAUBAYA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Winter tries to calm her nerves as she stands backstage, waiting for her cue to enter the scene, as her assistants make sure her make-up and outfit are all in perfect condition. She can hear the loud cheers out there. 

She's nervous as hell as if it's her first time. It's the last stop of the local tour and it's the reason why she's this edgy and thrilled at the same time. The fact that she's doing it in her hometown,Busan, which has been her choice, makes her even more hyped.

In just a few minutes, the locals who take pride in her, will welcome her home and she's ready to give it her all as always.

The crowd roars when she comes up on stage, the limelight on her, and the music rumbles. Just like that, the concert commences with high anticipation and unmatching energy from her, her dancers and the audience.

It's the second set of her performance when she gets the chance to see the crowd properly. She's singing a pop song and the whole stadium is now, at least visible for her. Additionally, the atmosphere has kind of relaxed a bit from all the chaos earlier.

She gets to roam the stage, having more interactions with the audience. 

She sees unfamiliar faces and recognizes others such as her friends, family, relatives, including her father and his family, and important people in her music career. Nonetheless, she waves and smiles at them the same as she sings skillfully and effortlessly. 

Her voice almost falters when she reaches Ning's spot. She's with Giselle, their friends and the woman she's been thinking about lately. She doesn't pay much attention to those teasing looks towards her as her focus is drawn by that certain someone.

Their eyes meet as Karina proudly smiles at her, giving her thumbs up. She's at ease somehow to see her there, resisting the impulse to get down where she is and engulf her in a hug.

That can wait.

She's made a mental note to thank her best friend and Giselle later for making this possible.  

She continues the fanservice with a newly-found inspiration and vigor to last the entire concert.

The almost 3-hour event goes on. She has prepared varieties of performances to showcase her skills in dancing and singing. She also has a few guest performers who help her entertain the crowd as she usually needs a short break for her to change outfits, and fix her hair and makeup.

When the time comes she has to perform with a guitar, everyone is in awe. 

She strums her guitar gracefully and expertly while she sings a heartfelt love song. 

Once again, she looks in their direction. Karina, without realizing it, stops waving the lightstick when she meets Winter's stares, as if she was enchanted by her. 

Winter can't seem to tear her eyes off her as if she's the only person she's seeing among thousands of spectators.

As if the background fades and there's only the two of them in the room.

Minjeong's heart is joyful. It's in delight to be dedicating every word to Karina like it always meant for her. 

That's why she wasn't capable of loving anybody else the same. 

Her heart has this inexplicable fondness towards the woman. If she digs enough inside her, there will always be a huge spot and love that is only reserved for her.

She smiles throughout the song feeling the familiar butterflies in her stomach. They feel like they were teenagers again, silently admiring each other.

No one could ever make Minjeong feel that way. 

Only Karina.

Nothing and no one can change that.

That's why despite everything, her heart still yearns for her. 

The days of contemplation have made this longing intense. Too intense that it hurts.

There's this overflowing love that is wanting to be expressed in many different ways. 

That's what thinking about Karina right now, and her smile towards her,make her feel.

As cheesy as it sounds, but is there a better way to convey those?

The audience gives her a loud cheer and applause as she concludes the song and goes for the next one, serenading her viewers.

Everyone can agree that Winter "hits different" tonight.  It's evident in her eyes,  the way she moves and smiles. The way she sings soulfully is really satisfying and enjoyable for all the concert-goers. She's the true definition of a star, like she's indeed made for this.

 

She appreciates all the congratulatories, but she can't help but feel a bit frustrated.

She was expecting to get a closer glimpse of Karina as soon as she got off the stage but she has been mobbed since earlier.

To her dismay, her best friend has texted they'll just meet her at the after-party since they couldn't get a hold of her.

She doesn't know why she's being impatient now as if the woman will get away from her.

So she decides on getting herself together. 

She has a lot on her plate right now, such as tending to her fans, relatives and family. Photo ops here and there, forgetting her little dilemma for a while.

Minjeong goes through familiar people on the dance floor, exchanging smiles and greetings as she makes her way to where her friends are. Her manager and assistants in tow. 

They take the stairs to get to the spots reserved for her and her companies.

It hasn't taken them much to find her them. She sees them seated with a guy. She fastens her pace to get a closer look. There's Jin, her photographer during the entire concert tour, talking in an animated manner.

Her brows furrowed, wondering why he's there.

All of them look up when they arrive.

"Oh Min. Andiyan ka na pala. Congratrulations!" Ning stands up to give her a quick hug. Giselle and Karina follow.

Her eyes linger on Karina as she goes back to her seat. 

Finally! 

Nagpaalam na a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter